✎ Chapter 5: Open Your Window ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚠️ Warning: A little bit of mature content ⚠️

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗

 

"Why are you home already?!"

You cringed at Chanyeol's loud voice as you walked past him. Your mother just sighed as she followed you inside the house.

"Mom! Why is she here? She's supposed to be at the hospital, resting her tired self!" Chanyeol whined as he closed the gate. He quickly followed inside with a frown.

"Welcome back, unnie. Do you want toasted bread? I can make one for you." Chanhee greeted you with a smile as she took a sip on her glass of milk. You just shook your head with a smile, waving her off.

"I'm fine. Why are you both still here? Your classes start at 8, right?"

"It's just quarter to 7, unnie."

You nodded in agreement before turning your younger brother, who's talking with your mom.

"But she passed out yesterday! She's still okay? Mom, why—"

"Chanyeol." You called in a cold voice, making him stop talking. Your mother glanced at you as if warning you to chill the out. "When I say I'm okay now, I'm okay. I know myself more than you do."

"Do you?" Chanyeol looked at you, his eyes squinting as your eyes met. "Do you really know yourself more than I do?"

"Stop, Chan—"

"No, mom. I want to tell her! Just this once!" Chanyeol's deep but calming voice turned just loud and full of impatience. "Why does she always say what she wants to and we can't? Why does she always have the last say? I know that it's the hardest for her but she should know that it's hurting us too! She's sick and we all know that. But she keeps on pretending she's still good as new! Why can't she just let us take care of her until she's really okay?"

Your eyes widened as you heard your younger brother's words. They were like pins that stabbed your heart little by little, going deeper as you got what he meant. You looked down as you felt your heart tighten, flinching at the pain.

"Chanyeol, stop!" Your mother shouted as her son breathed heavily. "You can't just talk about your sister like that! Have some respect!"

"Unnie." Chanhee's soothing voice entered your ears, making you a little calm. She rubbed your back as she noticed your breathing. "Stay calm, okay? Don't let oppa's words hurt you. He's just too worried about you that's why—"

"I-I know. I'll just go upstairs, don't bother me."

You quickly walked upstairs, locking yourself up in your room.

Chanyeol's gaze dropped as he heard your door loudly closed.

"Look at what you did." Ga-in mumbled as she walked to the kitchen, leaving Chanyeol standing there with a pained face. "Stop saying unnecessary things, Chanyeol. Keep your worries to yourself. I know it's hard to see your sister suffering alone but she will suffer more if she knows your thoughts. You said it yourself that it's the hardest for her," She looked back at her son.

"Letting her know will just make her burden heavier."

Tears fell from Chanyeol's eyes, making Chanhee run towards him in worry.

"Oppa, please don't cry." She mumbled, holding his arms as he wiped his tears.

"I-I can't not cry." He stuttered saying as he looked away from her. "It just hurts so much to see her try so hard to be okay but she can't. I just want to make sure she's fine. I didn't know it'll hurt her too."

Chanhee wrapped her arms on her brother, patting his back as she rested her head on his chest.

"Unnie will be okay, oppa."

Yes, she will.

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗

 

You dropped yourself on your bed as you watched the sunlight enter your window, turning your body at your side like the usual position you sleep in. You glanced at the clock on the wall in front of your bed.

12:35

It was already lunchtime but you don't have the appetite to eat nor the energy to get up. You felt tired without doing anything. You can't think for your next chapter and it's already the first week of December.

"Why am I so unproductive today?" You mumbled as you hugged your stuff toy. "I'm not sick..."

"She's sick and we all know that. But she keeps on pretending she's still good as new!"

Chanyeol's words were stuck in your head, distracting you from your work.

You blinked away the tears as you felt them coming. You slowly stood up from your bed and headed to your desk. You glanced at your window and pulled the blinds up, letting a ray of sunlight hit your wall.

"So bright." You muttered as you sat on your swivel chair.

Noises were heard downstairs, so you figured one of your siblings is probably home.

"Chanyeol is probably in his part-time job." You said as you saw the time. "Chanhee's home then, her part-time's at 3."

You like keeping your siblings checked everyday. Knowing what time is their dismissal, what time they get off from work, what time they get home, what are they doing at the moment, or what are their plans for the weekend. Maybe it's just your motherly instincts but you like knowing what's happening with them.

"I want to cook dinner for today but mom's probably not gonna let me." You mumbled as you typed on your keyboard. "Should I do it secretly then?"

As you were in the middle of thinking and typing, loud noises from outside were heard. You knitted your brows as you tried focusing on your document instead of knowing where the noises are coming from.

"Ah!"

You flinched as you heard a girl's squeal.

Don't ing tell me it's from—

"Sehun-ah! Ah! Hmm!"

"That tard." You mumbled as you kept your eyes away from the window across yours. Your hands went up to bring your blinds down. "The neighbors can ing hear them!"

"H-Harder! Yes! Oh my god!"

"You like that?! Huh?!"

"Ah! Hit me more!"

Your blood was boiling as you heard his voice. It was like he shouted it loud for your to hear. He's annoying you.

"I'm gonna ing hit them both."

You calmed yourself before putting on your earphones, playing a song that's loud enough to overlap your neighbor's irritating noises.

But then, your conscience knocked on your brain.

You groaned as you pulled your earphones off.

"Sehun!"

You gritted your teeth as you opened the blinds and your window to shout at them and instantly saw Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter