✎ Chapter 1: Endings ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fresh red petals fell from above as the box that carries his once brightest star, now gets buried several feet from below the ground, dimming its light as it gets farther down.

And she's gone.

His tears couldn't bring her back. His prayers wouldn't get answered despite his faithfulness. His heart wouldn't ever be fixed since the only one who can put every pieces of it is now gone.

He should've made every second worth it before she's out of his grasp.

He should've made sure she heard his 'I love you's a billion times before she closed her eyes into a deep sleep.

He should've made everything perfect that day when he asked her to be his 
girlfriend since he ended up ruining everything.

He was a jerk to her at first, he admits that.

But he truly loved her.

It was just too late before they both realized—

They can't be.

It was too late for regrets.

Only memories will remain.

But he knows he will always be the same.

Loving her will be his greatest achievement in life.

 

"SERIOUSLY, NOONA?!"

You almost jumped out of your seat, turning your swivel chair with a hand on your chest.

"I just ing read the ending of your recent story! Did you seriously need to let her die?!"

"Watch your words, Yeol." You rolled your eyes as Chanyeol's legs gave up, looking at you with sorrowful eyes. You pushed your eyeglasses up as you stared at him. "Get out if you're just gonna rant about the ending of MY story." You turned your back on your younger brother and continued planning your next story.

You're an amateur writer, 25 years old, already wrote 3 best-selling books but unfortunately they're all—

"All of your books has sad endings! Don't you have a heart, noona?!"

You scratched the back of your neck as you can't concentrate with your work.

"Just go and study. You have classes tomorrow."

"Can you promise me one thing?"

Your eyebrows shot up as Chanyeol's pleading voice rang through your ears.

"What?"

"Please make a happy ending for your next story, noona. Please."

Chanyeol reads every book you publish, may it be online or the hardcopy one. You can say that he's your number one fan. Obviously, he's a book lover. He only started becoming one when you became a writer. Such a good dongsaeng he is, right?

You sighed.

This was the 4th time he's asking you for a happy ending.

"I told you, I can't—"

"Why though? Is it because you broke up with your boyfriend?"

"Yeol, you know that's not the reason behind our break-up."

You turned to him again, speaking with your eyes as you saw him pout in defeat. He stood up and walked towards you. You followed his movements and closed your eyes as he landed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

"Okay, I won't ask anymore. Sorry for startling you earlier, noona. I was just carried away. You know how your stories affect me." You chuckled as Chanyeol hugged you like a kid to his mom. You patted his head with a smile. "I'll always be your number one fan, noona."

"Mmm. Please do." You hummed as you squeezed him tighter.

"Your heartbeat really calms me, noona."

"Perhaps because it might stop any minute—"

"Yah! That was—"

"Shush." You gently pulled him away, flicking his forehead as he stood up. "You have exams tomorrow, right? You should study not—"

"Ne, ne. I will, noona! If I get on the top 5 for this semester, you'll make a happy ending for your next story, okay?"

With your younger brother's big eyes, big ears, reddish cheeks and cute grin, you nodded with a sigh.

He's 19 and in the 2nd year of studying Architecture in EXO university but he's still a kid to you.

"Fine, fine. I will try."

"Don't just try!"

You literally pushed him out of your room and closed the door since he won't stop talking.

Chanyeol's right though.

Your endings always have a rainy day, much to Chanyeol's chagrin.

It will always start with light-going events to the romantic scene of the main characters to the arrival of the conflict and then to the tragic death of the female character.

It always leaves the boy alone.

Broken.

"Back to work." You muttered to yourself as you sat down on your swivel chair and faced your laptop again. Your eyes focused on the screen as you typed the title of your new book.

| Love Me |

Your eyebrow scrunched together as you stared at the words.

"It's too common." You pressed the backspace bar as you bit your lip in concentration. "I should probably complete my plot first. Yeah. I'll do that."

You leaned back on your swivel chair and glanced at the calendar hanging on the wall in front of you. A picture of your family was taped beside it, making your lips curl up into a smile.

Your eyes drifted back to the calendar.

Today's November 20.

"4 months left." You whispered as you closed your eyes, resting them for awhile. "I'll finish the book before that."

I promise.

"Let's start brainstorming then."

You shut your eyes open with a motivated grin and quickly clicked Microsoft Word to begin writing.

"I can do this!"

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ✘

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter