✎ Chapter 23: The Happiest ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You and Jimin, huh?"

As Chanhee got home, the news have already spread and Chanyeol was ready to tease your sister to death.

"W-What?!" She shrieked in surprise as she stared at the two of you.

"I saw you two earlier at the mall, you look like a couple." You giggled as Chanyeol grinned at her. Chanhee's cheeks couldn't get more redder as she melted in your intense gazes.

"That's not true! I just bumped onto him when I was searching for Bora and Soyu! I was lost and Jimin said that he got abandoned by his brother for his girlfriend, so I was just being considerate to spend time with him!" Chanhee explained in panic, making you and Chanyeol chuckle. You nodded and walked upstairs with a smile.

"Okay then, explanation accepted."

"But that doesn't mean I won't tease you for the rest of your life!" Chanyeol butted in as he started annoying your youngest sibling, causing you to laugh as you went in your room.

"Unnie!" You heard Chanhee's helpless voice downstairs as Chanyeol continues to about Jimin.

What's my plan for today?

You closed your door and looked around your room.

"What to do?"

*tok

Your eyes instantly flew to the window being knocked on by your neighbor as if it's a door. He grinned at you, making you smile as well. You walked to the window and opened it.

"Hey." You greeted casually.

"Let's go out on a date on Saturday, noona."

"Date?!" You squealed in surprise as you stared incredulously at the young man. Sehun nodded, his eyes serious and his lips in a thin line.

"Yes, noona. Please." He suddenly turned into an aegyo master, putting his fist on the either side of his face and started acting cute in front of you. You gulped in perturbation as you feel yourself giving into the temptation. "Have a date with Sehunnie~" He sang.

You sighed as you looked away from him.

"Fine." He was about to say 'YES' when you cut off. "But! Just on Saturday."

"What? Why? Why only once? We haven't even started yet!" Sehun complained as you shook your head.

"You have school on Weekdays and Sunday is always a family day. So, only Saturdays are permitted for a date, I didn't say just once." You smiled, his frown turning into a beautiful grin.

"Alright! You won't regret this, noona. I will make you happy!"

You melted in his words, a fire of hope burning in your heart, even though you know how this will end.

I'll be happy but how about you, Sehun-ah?

"So, Oh Sehun asked you on a date?!" Your best friend shrieked as she bounced on your bed excitedly. "You accepted, right?! Tell me you did!"

"Of course, I did." You rolled your eyes at her question.

"Have you found the best outfit you have in your closet?!" Dasom started rummaging through your closet, throwing jeans and shirts out.

"What the hell, Dasom." You complained as you walked towards your closet.

"This is not a closet of a woman, (y/n)." Dasom seriously said as she plopped on the floor, your clothes around her. "This is a closet of a man! All jeans and shirts plus oversized jackets! Where are the dresses, woman?!"

"You know I'm not that girly, Dasom. You should've expected this instead of making a huge earthquake in my cabinet. Put it all back in!" You huffed as you ruffled her hair before sitting on your bed.

"This is useless, (y/n). We need to go shopping later."

"Shopping? Again? We already did yester—"

"It's only me who bought things! You're too thrifty for your own good, girl!"

You just shrugged, knowing she's right.

"I just don't want to spend money over unnecessary materials except if it's for my family. You know how my life revolves around them." You mumbled as you decided to help her with your clothes.

"That's why you should think about yourself this time! I'm gonna help you with the ways I can. We can also buy clothes for the Spring Festival!" Dasom smiled at you as she folded your jeans.

"Thank you, Dasom."

After an hour of arranging your closet, you prepared again for shopping. You checked your sling bag, making sure that you have your wallet, lip balm and phone. You're good to go.

"Let's go shopping!" Dasom cheered as she locks her arm with yours.

You arrived at Seoul Super Mall at 2:30 in the afternoon, there are a lot of people around since it's Friday. Dasom keeps on blabbering about what you should buy and what you should look tomorrow for your date.

"Dasom, it's not like it's my first time going on a date!" You exclaimed as she tugged you inside a boutique.

"It is your first time having a date with a younger guy."

You zipped your lips at that, having nothing to go against it. You just roamed around the shop, not bothering to roll your eyes at your best friend's grin. You went rows to rows of clothes but they're all expensive like they're made of ing gold.

"I'm out of here, man." You mumbled as you walked out of the cute looking boutique but costly clothing. Never mind the appearance, you hate expensive things.

"I know but they look adorable!" Dasom exclaimed as she followed you out of the store.

"There are still a lot of stores here that probably sells more beautiful clothing and much cheaper ones." You mumbled as you let your hand touch the stainless metal that leads you to the escalator. "We have time anyway."

You and Dasom walked around the entire mall, going inside and out of stores for hours before resting at a café for a while. You huffed in exhaustion, bringing your glass of cold orang juice on your cheek.

"Oh god, I hate shopping. We've managed to enter 15 clothing stores but we get out with nothing." You grunted in annoyance as Dasom ate her strawberry cheesecake like a cavewoman. "I can just wear jeans and blouse for a date anyway—"

"No, no, no!" Dasom shook her head with a frown, pointing her fork at you. "Wearing a dress is a must!"

You frowned back at her, causing her to smile.

"We'll find the perfect one this time!" She cheered after she gulped down her food. You chuckled as you shook your head.

"It's already 5." You glanced at your watch with a frown. "I need to get home before 6."

"Let's hurry then!"

Fortunately, you found a decent store with a decent prize for your wallet. You sighed in relief as you found a dress suited in your taste. Excitement and happiness running into your nerves, making you smile.

"This is it, Dasom!" You silently squealed as you held the dress on your chest, observing how it flowed beautifully, ending just above your knees. Dasom looked at you, eyes going up and down with a smile.

"It's pretty! Try it on!"

You stared at your reflection on the mirror and touched the cloth that is wrapped around your body. It's a long-sleeved pastel pink colored dress, made out of 100% polyester material and has an O-neckline. It's smooth on your skin and comfortable. The dress doesn't have too much designs just a solid pattern, making sophisticated and elegant aura for everyone to see. It looks a little bit formal and fancy but that's just your style.

"Come out!"

You moved the curtain to how yourself to your best friend, causing her to squeal like a fangirl. Dasom quickly moved towards you and felt the fabric under her palm.

"Oh my gosh, it feels nice. It looks good on you!" She exclaimed as she made you turn around. "You'll certainly make Sehun crazy!"

"Shut up. I'll buy this." You mumbled with a smile as your cheeks flare up. You changed back to your clothes and went to a saleslady. "Excuse me, do you still have a stock of this dress?"

"Yes, ma'am. Wait for a moment."

After buying the dress, you went home, parting ways with your best friend since she's still meeting up with her boyfriend.

"Good luck on your date!" She waved at you as she walked on a different street. You grinned at her and waved back until she's out of your sight.

You turned back to your own way home, humming a song as you did. You remembered the tone that Sehun hummed while lulling you to sleep and instantly blushed. You smack your lips as you tried hiding your smile.

Why am I smiling over such a thing?

"What are you doing out here alone?"

You squealed in surprise as you turn to the person who almost gave you a heart attack that would have probably sent you to your early funeral. You groaned in annoyance as you hit him.

"Do you want to kill me?" You said as he followed you with a grin.

"You were smiling like an idiot, (y/n)."

"So?"

"It's my first time seeing you smiling alone like a maniac."

You hit him again on his bicep, making him whine.

"What are you even doing here, Kookie?" You asked, seeing your house a few blocks away. You glanced up at the sky and smiled at the stars.

"Visiting my favorite person."

"Who?"

"You."

You laughed as Jungkook stared at your side profile.

"I think you have a new favorite person though." You teased as you kicked a rock that's in your way.

"Who?" Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you turned to him, stopping on your tracks.

"You didn't tell me you have a girlfriend, Mr. Jeon." You stuck your tongue out as his lips curled up into a smile.

"How'd you know?"

"I saw you, you jerk."

"Aren't you supposed to be happy?"

"I am! But you didn't tell me!"

Sehun was about to get back inside their house, coming out from yours when he heard your voice in a far distance. His head turned at the street and looked arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter