Halmoni's blessing

Ex-convict

It was Thursday night and Kyuhyun has just finished locking up the cafe. He has done all the cleaning and were ready to go up to his room. Though the storm has died down, it was still raining cats and dog. 

He checked his phone again, but there wasn't any text from Sungmin. He got worried because of the storm. Was Sungmin's flight delayed because of the storm? Was he still safely in Jeju? Should he text him instead of waiting for Sungmin's text? 

He was about to off the lights when there was a tap on the cafe's external glass door. Kyuhyun said loudly "Sorry we are closed" and turned again to off the lights. But the tapping continued and was louder. "Maybe somebody need help?" Kyuhyun thought to himself. "Hold on" he shouted. 

When he opened the inner door and then the outer glass door, he was shocked! "Min!!! Oh my God, come in come in, let me carry your bag. Gosh, you are wet, I get you a dry towel!" he fussed over his boyfriend. Sungmin must have run from his car to the cafe in the rain. He ushered him in and pulled a chair for him. He put Sungmin's bag on another chair and hurriedly took a towel from a drawer near his barista station. 

"Kyu, I'm so sorry I didn't call. My phone's dead and I forgot to bring my powerbank. I was in a hurry so I even forget to charge my phone in my car on the way here. My flight got delayed and I came straight from Gimpo. I was scared you have already closed up and sleep" Sungmin accepted the towel from Kyuhyun and wipe himself. 

Kyuhyun pulled him into a hug. "It's ok Min. I was worried for your safety because of the storm. I am so glad that you reached here safely. Wait here, I get you a hot chocolate" he lifted Sungmin's chin, kissed him and walked to his barista station to make a cup of hot chocolate. 

Sungmin walked over and sat at the high stool instead. Once Kyuhyun has done with the hot chocolate, he passed to him, and Sungmin sipped it slowly to enjoy the warmth liquid entering his body. It was delicious and he loved it as much as he loved his latte. 

"Kyu, is it ok if I stay here for the night? It easier for us to go together tomorrow morning" 

"Of course! You can sleep on my bed and I can sleep on the bean bag" 

"What's wrong with both of us sleeping on your bed?"

"It's a bit small, Min. I'm sure you are so used to a bigger bed" 

"No problem with me. Just hug me and I will sleep like a log. Heehee. But seriously, I have a long day since this morning's conference, then rushed to the airport, and waited for 2 hours due to flight delay, then jam at Gimpo due to the storm. I can just fall asleep here on this bar stool actually... " he finished up his hot chocolate and passed back the mug to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pinched his nose, took the mug and washed it. 

"Let's go up so that you can rest. I'll carry your bag" 

"Can you carry me too?" 

"Piggyback!" 

"Alright.. On!" 

Kyuhyun stood in front of Sungmin, turned around and squad down so that Sungmin could cling to him. 

"Sorry if I'm heavy" 

"What rubbish, you are so light!" Kyuhyun piggyback Sungmin and went around to off all the lights, took Sungmin's bag and went up. 

Sungmin cling to Kyuhyun and kissed his neck. Kyuhyun laughed because it was ticklish and Sungmin kissed him again, laughing loudly that now he knows Kyuhyun's weakness. 

"Kyu, can I take a quick shower?" 

"Go ahead. You need to take out your toiletries?" Kyuhyun put his bag on his bed. 

"Yeah thanks. Do you have iPhone adapter? I only bring along the cable" Kyuhyun nodded and asked for his cable and phone, and charged Sungmin's handphone. It was indeed 0%!

"Thanks, Kyu. Have you packed for tomorrow?" 

"Yup, done excep my toiletries" Kyuhyun pointed to his bag at the corner. "You go ahead with your shower, Min. I want to finish up with Luxor2 demo version" 

"Wow, you've started Luxor2? Awesome" 

"Yeah, I just need to put in some graphics and music" 

"You are really good in these things" Sungmin was referring to the graphics and the music which were blended into the game. 

"I took a digital animation course when I was in college. But I learn through reading mostly, then I try it out to see the effects" 

"Daebak!... Ok I go wash up" 

By the time Sungmin stepped out from the bathroom, Kyuhyun was deep in concentration in mixing the graphics and colours. Wow, he's really good! Sungmin thought to himself. 

"Min, give me 5 minutes, I just save the version and we can sleep" 

"Okayyy" Sungmin said yawning. 

"Done, alright, let's sleep" and Kyuhyun off his room light and pulled Sungmin to sleep next to him. Sungmin snuggle closer to Kyuhyun and hide his face in Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun put his arms around Sungmin and pull him closer and covered them both with his blanket. Sungmin was fast asleep due to tiredness. Kyuhyun his hair lovingly and kissed his forehead before closing his eyes to sleep too. 

They had breakfast with Yesung the next morning. Yesung arrived early with lots of cakes and pastries from his suppliers. He offered some of these for breakfast which he joined in as well. Sungmin wanted to pay for the delicious breakfast but was turned down flatly by Yesung. 

Though Yesung suspected that Sungmin slept over last night, he chose not to say anything. He was happy for them and happy that Kyuhyun has someone now. Kyuhyun had told him where they planned to go much earlier, and he gladly allowed Kyuhyun to go and even gave him one more off day because he did cover Henry for last Saturday. Yesung was happy that Kyuhyun finally went for a break. It's good for him so that he didn't just stayed and worked the whole day.  He has already regarded Kyuhyun as a brother and he hope that Kyuhyun can move on and put his past behind him. 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin left after breakfast. They reached the highway to southern cities by 8.30am and was glad that there wasn't many cars yet. Kyuhyun was the one driving as he wanted Sungmin to rest. 

But Sungmin wasn't resting. He loved admiring Kyuhyun’s side features. He has long eyelashes, sharp nose, strong cheekbones, firm jaw, long fingers and long legs. And he loved Kyuhyun’s simple attire. How could one look so good and gorgeous with just a pullover, he couldn't understand. Kyuhyun just look great with whatever he put on! 

"Stop starring at me. Look outside the window. So many interesting things to see!" 

"Haha, I prefer the view here, and never gets tired of it" 

"You flater me. I am sure there are a lot of good looking businessman out there whom you met. They should look way better than me" 

"I don't deny that, but to me you look so much better than them" 

"And there must be lots of non-straight guys out there too. For sure they would have asked you out for a date? You are a beautiful and successful man. Must be quite a catch! " 

"Hmm, yes there are. And yes some do asked me out" 

"And..." 

"And I'm not interested. Period" 

"Even before you know me?" 

"I don't know why, actually. Before I met you, I feel like I'm waiting for someone, my soul mate. No other person could fill that gap. Not even my some other male friends. And definitely not the girl that my dad wanted to match me with. Until I got to know about one particular Wook's friend and wanted to know more, and then when I saw you in person, I just fall for you! Maybe you are really my soul mate" 

"Do you believe in that?" 

"I do. Halmoni always told me God made human in pairs. The other person will complete the other person's world. You might not ended up with your soul mate as life partner, so there would always be someone out there who you can click easily, like best friend, and don't have to be the opposite gender, to complete your life"

"Hmm interesting. Let's just say we are soul mate, so I am your boyfriend and soulmate. We complete each other's world!" 

"And that's what we are, aren't we? We are business partners, manager and programmer, boyfriends, in fact we complement each other in everything! And you complete my World! " 

"You complete my World too, Min!" 

"See, told you that we are compatible" and Sungmin put his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

"Should we break for a while? There's a rest point in the next exit" 

"Yes, please! I want coffee! And I can take over driving after that" 

They exited and stopped at the rest point. The cafe was not crowded so they could easily find seats. Sungmin wanted to use the restroom, so Kyuhyun went to get their coffee. 

When Sungmin came back to their seat, he was very excited and said "Kyu! Guess what?? Those guys over there are all playing Luxor!! I saw them on my way to the gents and back here. They were challenging each other and arguing something about left with one life!!" 

"Really? Wow. Should I point out their mistakes... hahaha" 

"If only they know that the famous programmer is here!!" 

"Tsk.., I'm not famous!" 

"Well, 'Gamegyu' is. And since we are on this topic, I'm going to start a profile for gamegyu in FB and Twitter. Main purpose is to attract followers and to give them a space for discussion or throwing some queries. If you have time then you can reply some of their queries"

"Yeah you told me about it. But who will manage the id?" 

"I can get one of my team to manage it but I want you to hold the login id too so that you can reply their queries or upload any version upgrade"

"Hmm, okayy. Do you want me to design a profile id or just use Luxor's icon?" 

"What would you prefer?" 

"Use Luxor's icon" 

"Okay, we use that" Sungmin agreed. "Mmm this coffee is not bad".

"It's brewed on the spot. Yeah it is really good! I saw they sell the coffee beans too. Maybe I get a pack and brew it and let Yesung-hyung try" Kyuhyun got up and walked to the counter. 

Sungmin felt very proud of his boyfriend because he is always passionate in everything he do. Even brewing coffee! 

They resumed their journey and reached Jeonju around noon. Sungmin bought some praying joss stick, fruits, flowers and a bottle of mineral water from a nearby stall for his halmoni. He led Kyuhyun to his grandmother's grave after they have parked their car and crossed over to enter the cemetery area. 

Kyuhyun felt like they were entering a different world, a world which was very peaceful and serene surroundings. It was a hilly region and he could hear sounds of birds chirping happily and river streams flowing somewhere nearby. This must be a happy place for the afterlife, and maybe that was why Sungmin's grandmother requested to be buried here. 

He followed Sungmin to a beautifully decorated grave, with a rose tree planted next to it, and a small pink altar on the front base of the grave. Kyuhyun helped Sungmin to arrange the fruits and flowers, and then they burnt some joss sticks. Sungmin bowed and say some words of prayers while Kyuhyun did the same to show his respect. 

"How are you, Halmoni? I hope you live peacefully in the after world and have been taking care of yourself. I missed you a lot and will often think of you" Sungmin said sadly. Then he continued "Halmoni, I want to introduce you to somebody that I like so much and he is my boyfriend, Cho Kyuhyun. He completed my World and I do love him with all my heart" Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and smile to him. 

Kyuhyun was touched that Sungmin sincerely poured his heart out to his grandmother. He reached for Sungmin's hand and squeeze it. He then moved forward and bowed on the ground and said "Halmoni, I am Cho Kyuhyun, and me too, I love Sungmin very much and I promise to love him and make him happy as long as I can. Please give me your blessing, halmoni" and Kyuhyun bowed again. 

Strangely, they could feel wind blowing at their faces and they felt like the wind were engulfing them like in a hug. Seemed like halmoni was there to give them her blessings. Sungmin hold Kyuhyun's hands and smile at him happily. 

It was a happy day for the two of them, and they were smiling happily as they left the grave.