Luxor launched!

Ex-convict

The trial version of Luxor was ready and Kyuhyun has already saved it, as well as all the full versions, into his thumb drive on Sunday night. He created a backup copy into another thumb drive and into a CD. He has already texted Sungmin that he would go over on Wednesday to sign the official contract and to handover Luxor. 

Sungmin replied back with a 'great' but added 'that's for the Business part', and then texted again 'I'm coming over to the cafe on Monday night' and then another text 'coz I missed you'. 

Kyuhyun was smiling like an idiot after reading the text. He texted back 'I missed you too'. 

"Why are you smiling?? Who texted you? Let me see" Ryeowook tried to snatch Kyuhyun's handphone. Luckily Kyuhyun was fast and was taller. He raised his hand higher, out of Ryeowook's grasp. 

"Don't be busybody Wook!" 

"Come on, I'm bored. I want to play your game. Lend me your phone" 

"Take my ipad mini upstairs. I need my phone. Shoo...." Kyuhyun turned back to his barista machine to wipe it. 

"Make me a cup of cuppacino, then I will agree not to play using your phone" Kyuhyun 

"No..." 

"I'm going to complain to Yesung! Babe, Kyuhyun refused to make me cuppacino!!" 

Yesung-hyung looked over his shoulder while clearing a table at a far end. He walked over with the cups and said to Kyuhyun "Just make him a s-m-a-l-l cup..." and winked at Ryeowook. 

"Babe, I want the usual big cup! I don't care. I want it!" Ryeowook pulled a sour face. 

Yesung put his arm around Ryeowook's shoulder "Ok, ok, baby. Kyu, I don't want to lose a boyfriend and you don't want to lose a friend, so make him a b-i-g cuppacino and an Americano for me" and roll his eyes but only Kyuhyun could see it. Kyuhyun laughed and shake his head when Ryeowook showed his tongue at him. 

"And babe, I want to play Luxor. Can you borrow Kyu's phone for me? "  Ryeowook said to Yesung with the sweetest smile that Kyuhyun ever witness. 

"Nice try, Wook! Go take my iPad mini!" now it was Kyuhyun's turn to show his tongue at Ryeowook. 

"Very adult, Cho!!!" Ryeowook stomped off upstairs. 

Yesung laughed and sit down on a corner table. He started going through his file and when Kyuhyun brought over the 2 cups, he told Kyuhyun if there's no customer, make himself a cup and join them. 

"Thanks, hyung. It's ok. I will sweep the floor since no customer at this time". 

"Kyu! You finished the trial! Wow!! It is good!!" Ryeowook was shouting all the way down the stairs. 

"Yeah, done last night. I have to re-do twice to add the sound mixing. It wasn't catchy enough at first, so I re-do again" 

Excitedly, Ryeowook showed it to Yesung and both were glued to the iPad mini. Kyuhyun was glad that they found it good, that means Sungmin would find it good too. Smiling, Kyuhyun started sweeping the floor.  After their last customer at 9.30pm, Yesung decided to call it a day. He sent Ryeowook back while Kyuhyun closed up the cafe. 

Knowing that Sungmin would drop by on Monday night, Kyuhyun took extra care in grooming himself that morning. He shaved, washed his hair, scrub his body and put on extra body spray. 

There was a group of office ladies who frequented Mouse Rabbit Cafe and one of the ladies has been trying to get Kyuhyun's attention. She introduced herself as Seohyun, and would always be the one volunteered to order their drinks directly from Kyuhyun. Though she was pretty, looked intelligent and obviously rich, Kyuhyun answered her questions politely without prolonging their conversation. Most of the time, Kyuhyun moved away from her and concentrate on making the drinks. 

The ladies were still there when Sungmin stepped in. He went to Kyuhyun's counter to say hi, and Kyuhyun smile at him and gestured him to sit on the corner table nearer to his counter. When there were no orders from the barista list, Kyuhyun walked over to sit with Sungmin. They talked and laughed while Sungmin ate his cheesecake. 

Suddenly, Seohyun was next to Kyuhyun and pulled Kyuhyun’s hand to get him to sit at their table. She said the girls wanted to asked Kyuhyun something. Kyuhyun declined politely and said that he was occupied with a friend.  Seohyun then pull a chair and sit next to Kyuhyun! 

Sungmin was starting to get pissed off. She was rude to interrupt their conversation and when she pull Kyuhyun's hand, his blood boil but he kept his cool. 

"Miss, I'm still working. I just took a break to talk to my friend. I have to go back to work" 

"That's not fair, you never want to sit with me or talk to me, yet you sit with him!" 

"Errr Miss, I am Kyuhyun's friend and a regular customer here. He was being polite to sit for a few minutes just to asked how I am. He really have to continue his work, or else Mr Kim would fire him. Please do not disturb him".

"Tsk.." and Seohyun just turned around and walked off. She got her friends to leave and finally the cafe was more quieter. 

"Wow, you are very popular with the girls" Sungmin . Though he tried to be okay with it, in actual fact, he was jealous. Kyuhyun appeal to the ladies because of his look and charm, and if Sungmin was not careful, he would lose out to these ladies. 

"Ermmmm, do I hear some jealousy in your tone? Sungmin, what is there to be jealous. I am already so happy that you accepted me as your boyfriend. That's all I need, I don't need other people".

"You are good looking and talented, you will have thousands of fans once your game is accepted by the public and magazines would want to interview you. All girls and guys will be crazy and start chasing you".

"But my heart has been stolen. And only that person is the one I want" 

"Too bad we are in the cafe and not in your room, else I just want to be in your arms and stay there" 

"If you are ok to stay for a while after I close up the cafe in half an hour's time? Then we can have some privacy in my room" Kyuhyun smile at Sungmin. 

Indeed, when Sungmin was finally in Kyuhyun's arms, he felt better. He felt at home, he felt contented and he felt loved. They were at the beanbags and hugging, with Sungmin's head resting on Kyuhyun's chest. Sungmin was not sure why he always felt this way, that he wants Kyuhyun constantly by his side, to be near him, to be able to see him, and to touch him. He didn't want to be seen as too possessive and controlling Kyuhyun's life. He just felt helpless. Helplessly in love. 

"Min, are you okay? Too stress about work?" 

Sungmin took a deep breath. "I don't really know myself, why I felt this way. Kyu, I'm not usually a possessive person. But with you, I can't help to be possessive. I don't know why. I'm sorry if I am, but I just don't know how to control it". 

"Min, I'm not running anywhere..."

"I know I'm sorry" 

"Don't be. Actually I'm happy that someone loved me and missed me. It makes my heart wants to burst into thousands of fireworks. And I like the possessive side of you. It means that I belong to you" 

They hugged again, and just stayed like that for a while. Kyuhyun knew that Sungmin was very serious about their relationship, but why would Sungmin felt insecure? I thought I'm the one who should feel insecured because of who I am and who he is, Kyuhyun thought to himself. 

"Kyu... " 

"Hmm?" 

"This Wednesday, my father will be there too to witness the signing" 

"Oh ok. So it will be an official session? Do I need to wear a suit? And I need to stay away from you, right?" 

"No, you can wear just your pullover. But yeah, unfortunately we can't be lovey-dovey..." Sungmin sigh. 

"Of course, I understand, it's purely a business deal" 

"And will it be ok if we ask you to do a demo for Luxor's trial version? I just want to show my father how good the game is". 

"Sure, why not. Using which gadget?" 

"I will project it to our big monitor, then my father can have a feel for it" 

"Ok" 

"And on Friday, can you come over to my apartment to have dinner with me? I will cook and maybe you come around 7pm?"

"Wow, you cook for me? I can't wait to taste it" 

"Haha.. I am not that good so in case it's not nice, just don't say anything, ok" 

"Hahaha. Ok, I won't say anything but I will do some facial expressions like cringe because it is too sour or take out my tongue if it's too tasteless...haha....   Ouch!!! Min!! That was painful!!!" Sungmin smacked his chest. 

Before Sungmin left, they kissed good night, and Kyuhyun accompanied him to his car. Kyuhyun promised to come over at 4pm on Wednesday for the official signing. He has already informed Yesung-hyung that he needed to leave early for the official signing, and Yesung-hyung informed him not to worry as JongJin has agreed to help. 

It was drizzling when Kyuhyun reached Sungmin's office. Ryeowook has told Kyuhyun that he would bring him in, but when he saw Kyuhyun, he gave a loud whistle! 

"OhmyGod, Kyu, you look terrific. Very handsome and very tall!!! I know you borrowed Yesung's suit but it really looked good on you! And you trim you hair!!!" 

"Stop making a fuss Wook. You make me more nervous!" 

"Awwwww, sorry, but you are awesome!! I'll be there too, so don't worry and don't be nervous ok. Kyu, before we go in, I just want to say Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you!!" 

"Thank you, Wook! I owe you and Yesung-hyung a lot"

"Ok before I start crying, we better go in!!" 

Ryeowook accompanied Kyuhyun into their Board Meeting room, and when Kyuhyun stepped inside, he saw a few people, all in suits, are already inside. They turned towards him and Sungmin moved forward to welcome him and shook his hand. 

"Welcome Kyuhyun. This is my father, Mr Lee. Dad, this is Cho Kyuhyun, the game programmer" 

"Hello Mr Lee, nice to meet you" 

"Hello son! Well, for Sungmin to say that your game is good, because he hardly play games, it must be really something!"

"Thank you, Mr Lee. I hope that I don't disappoint you or Mr Lee Sungmin. Would you like me to give a demo?" 

"Yes, sure, why not" 

Sungmin took out Kyuhyun's thumbdrive and he proceeded to set up his laptop. Sungmin's laptop has been linked to a large TV, and once the game is ready to be launch, Kyuhyun took over and start the game. 

Sungmin tried to control and stopped himself from hugging Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked so gorgeous in suit, so different from the casual look. So handsome, so good looking and so suave. And his long fingers were gorgeous too, with his velvety voice explaining the game, ohhhh how could he concentrate on what was going on coz his mind was busy admiring Kyuhyun. 

Mr Lee was very impressed and very happy with the game. He signed the agreement, shooked Kyuhyun's hand and pat his back.  They took some pictures after Kyuhyun signed the official binding agreement. When it was Sungmin's turn to take a picture with him, Sungmin shooked his hand and smile at the camera while still holding Kyuhyun's hand. Once Mr Lee left the meeting room, Kyuhyun took out his phone and did a selfie with Sungmin. Ryeowook and Shindong took turns to snap a photo with Kyuhyun too. 

They uploaded the trial version into most websites as in-app game and invite customers to download the full version. Before long, Google and Apple started to provide feedback to them about the purchases and the number gradually increase. They were clapping their hands as it was a good start. 

Kyuhyun needed to get back to the cafe, so he bid everyone farewell. Sungmin signalled him about Friday and he nodded his head, and Ryeowook accompanied him to the door. On the way back to the cafe, Kyuhyun was smiling happily because he was admiring his photo with Sungmin. 

Towards the night, Sungmin got feedback that the request to download Luxor was reaching a million. Google and Apple would credit Sungmin's company account with the app royalty fee and they praise LeeSM for a very successful game software. 

Sungmin felt so proud of Kyuhyun and he felt his overwhelming love for the man. He called Kyuhyun and the first thing he said was 
"Kyu, I missed you and guess what? Your game reached a million downloads within a few hours!!" 

But the one who picked up Sungmin's call was Ryeowook because Kyuhyun was busy...