Court verdict

Ex-convict

The court hearing was better than what Kyuhyun expected. It was very organised and Kyuhyun was amazed that the lawyer whom senior Mr Lee engaged was good and competent.

Kyuhyun got to know that the lawyer, Mr Lee Seunggi, has already requested the police to re-open the case and presented the evidence to clear Kyuhyun's name. He wondered if lawyer Mr Lee is related to Sungmin's family. He would ask Sungmin later. 

The attorney and lawyer Mr Lee argued and after two hours, the court adjourned for an hour for the evidence to be verified by the judges.

Kyuhyun got so many messages which he only opened now and started reading during this break. There were 3 messages from Ryeowook asking how's the proceedings, 2 messages from Yesung-hyung who said that he is on his way to the court, 1 message from Minho who asked him how he is and that he would be coming to Seoul next week, 5 messages from unknown numbers asking him for interviews, and 2 messages from Henry who wished him all the best for the court hearing.

Kyuhyun couldn't thank God enough for having all these wonderful people around him. He thought at first that Senior Mr Lee looked down on him which was why he wanted to clear his name. But on the contrary, both the Lee's actually think highly of him. Sungmin, of course, and senior Mr Lee, who actually genuinely wanted to help him. Kyuhyun was ashamed that he had such thoughts.

Yesung-hyung arrived just before the court verdict. Kyuhyun introduced him to senior Mr Lee and they sat together waiting for the verdict. Sungmin wanted to hold Kyuhyun's hand so badly just for him to know that whatever the verdict, his feelings to Kyuhyun remains the same. But they are in public, so, sigh, he can't do that. 

Verdict is out. Kyuhyun cleared his name! The judge accorded him with a 25million Won for wrongful accusation and staying in detention centre for 2 years. There were loud cheering and clapping of hands, and Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin first, then Yesung-hyung and he didn't realise his tears were flowing. Yesung-hyung took out his hanky and wipe Kyuhyun's tears while the overwhelmingly emotional man shook senior Mr Lee's hands to say his endless gratitude.

Kyuhyun invited everybody to go for a drink that night and Yesung-hyung agreed to close Mouse-Rabbit early for this wonderful occasion. 

A month later, Luxor Galaxy's launched was a complete success and gamers scrambled to download the game, causing the network to be jam and did stir some complains about network slowness. Sungmin's company has to issue an apology note to gamers and after increasing their load capacity, the network was back to normal. The phenomenon success was reported in social media, SNS, newspaper and magazines. Kyuhyun was invited to do several demos in television game shows and has endless interviews throughout the month! 

3 months later, with blessings from Sungmin, Kyuhyun bought the shop  next door to Mouse-Rabbit and presented it to Yesung-hyung, to expand his cafe. Instead of just taking it, Yesung-hyung wrote up a binding agreement to add Kyuhyun as Mouse-Rabbit co-owner starting from that day. Kyuhyun was speechless and teared again and hugged Yesung-hyung tightly. He has regarded Yesung-hyung as his brother eversince his released from detention centre, and this is too much for him to bear. Even Ryeowook and Sungmin cried with him as they were so happy for him.

It was much later when they were sitting around the barista area after Sungmin had left, that Ryeowook started asking him. 

"So Kyu, shall we start looking for your parents?" 

Startled that Ryeowook seemed to be reading his mind, because he was thinking the same actually, Kyuhyun said "Wook, I was thinking about the same thing! But...." Kyuhyun looked down blankly at his phone, not knowing how to start searching for his parents. 

"You don't have any of their contact numbers anymore?" Ryeowook asked. 

Kyuhyun shook his head "My previous phone was confiscated when I was detained, and the only number I could remember last time was our home number. But I guessed that they had moved, as the number was no longer in used. I cried for days, but I could only blamed myself for my misfortune because I trusted my friend too much. So I totally lost contact with my family".

"Hmmm, I can try asking our high school friends whether they heard anything about the Cho family" Ryeowook said, putting his arm around his friend. "Don't worry ok, we'll find them. Or maybe they will find you! With your face everywhere on TV, social media, newspapers and magazines, I'm sure they would have seen you!!" Ryeowook tease Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun smile too "Thanks Wook". He climbed down from the high stool and went to his barista station "What drink do you want, my dear friend?" 

"Woohoo!!! Can I have cookies and cream frappe with foam!!" Ryeowook said excitedly. He only like Kyuhyun's version of cookies and cream frappe as the mixture is just nice and he could easily finish 2 grande!!!! 

"And who allow you to have free drinks?" Yesung came over to tease  Ryeowook. 

"Ahhhhh... Yesung dear....." Ryeowook acting all baby and put his head on Yesung's chest. Both Yesung and Kyuhyun laughed and Kyuhyun threw a napkin at his friend. 

"What? You and my boss can act all lovey-dovey in front of me and I can't?" Ryeowook took the napkin and threw it back at Kyuhyun. 

"When did we act lovey-dovey in front of you?" Kyuhyun picked up the napkin that Ryeowook threw at  him. 

"Don't think I don't know! Eyes can tell. My boss will just go all soft whenever he sees you or talk about you!" 

"Wow, I got such power!!" Kyuhyun chuckled. He showed his tongue at Ryeowook, gave him the cookies and cream frappe, and gave Yesung-hyung his favourite latte that he also made when Yesung-hyung came over. 

"Thanks Kyu! By the way, the architect and renovation contractor for next door cafe are coming tomorrow for a discussion. You join me ok? Sorry I know it's your off day... " Yesung-hyung told him. 

"Sure hyung, don't worry about it. I can finalised the 3D design later and show you first. If you are ok with it, we can show our desired design to them" Kyuhyun told him. 

"Wow, can I see, can I see?!!!"  Ryeowook said excitedly. 

"Nope" Kyuhyun turned around to clean his barista area. 

"Kyu please!!!" Ryeowook beg him.

"Wash your own glass after you finish, then I will show you!" Kyuhyun . 

"Tsk. Ok ok I'll wash my glass!" Ryeowook made a face at Kyuhyun. 

Half an hour later, Kyuhyun showed them the new cafe extension design that he did using his 3D design software, from his laptop. It was amazingly good and Yesung-hyung totally love it. Jongjin joined them and he loved it too. There is a game corner in the new extention, and Ryeowook suggested that they should have their own WiFi network for the whole cafe, so that the game corner has sufficient WiFi coverage. He volunteered to find out the procedure and the cost, and he was rewarded with a french kiss from Yesung.

That night, Kyuhyun called Sungmin to tell him that he would go over to his house only after his meeting with the architect and the contractor. 

"Ahhh ok, I wait for you at home then, and start preparing dinner".

"Min, if you are tired, we can just order pizza. Or I buy dinner on my way to your house". 

"No, I want to cook for us. It feels...hmm... more homely" Sungmin said smiling. He loved it when Kyuhyun spent time with him at his home, so much so that he would always look forward to Friday. 

"Okayyy. I see you then? Have a good rest ok. I love you, Min" 

"I love you Kyu. See you". 

Kyuhyun resumed editing his design for the new extention, and was quite satisfied with the result. He saved it and went to sleep. 

Yesung told Kyuhyun that both the contractor and the architect have arrived, and he asked Kyuhyun whether he can make Latte for each of them. They are seated at the corner table. 

"Sure hyung. I'll bring over the drinks and join you for the discussion. My laptop is here"

"Ok, I'll bring over your laptop and printouts, later you join us, ok. I told Jongjin already to take over the barista station" 

Kyuhyun showed him the ok sign and proceed to make the lattes. He put all 4 drinks on a tray with napkins and stirrer, and signal to Jongjin to take over. 

Smiling, Kyuhyun served them drinks, including himself and Yesung-hyung introduced him to the contractor and the architect. 

It was when he turned towards the architect to offer his hand that both of them just stared at each other. 

"Kyu?? Ohmygod, Kyu??!!!! I finally found you!!!" 

"Hyung?!!!" Kyuhyun stared open-mouth at his brother-in-law....