Terms and conditions

Ex-convict

Ryeowook was so excited playing the game that he didn't want to stop eventhough Shindong said it was his turn to try. Luckily Kyuhyun has re-uploaded the latest version into his phone, so he passed his phone to Shindong. 

He has met Ryeowook and his colleague, Shindong, at Macdonald's cafe and barely after gotten their food, Ryeowook has asked for Kyuhyun's tablet. Kyuhyun has saved enough money to buy an iPad mini, so he loaded his game into the iPad mini and brought it along, instead of his laptop. 

Looking back, Ryeowook's enthusiasm mirrored Sungmin's, and his mind drifted back to Sungmin. Though he knew Sungmin has some interest in him all along, he didn't expect things to move so fast. Earlier, he dare not hope for any romantic feelings at Sungmin side, but when Sungmin reciprocated and he got the green light, there's no turning back, eventhough his mind kept telling him of their different social status. 

"Kyuhyun! How do I buy things to fight this army of unicorns?? Quick, quick teach me!!" Ryeowook pulling Kyuhyun's hand to move nearer to him. Kyuhyun’s mind focus back on Ryeowook and he willingly showed Ryeowook on some tactics to barter trade something in exchange for machineries instead of purchasing, which uses lots of  credits. Hearing that, Shindong also wanted to learn, so in the end, Kyuhyun got pull from Ryeowook to Shindong. 

"Hey guys, I just wanted you two to try out Luxor and give me feedback, not to complete the whole game.." Kyuhyun teasingly scolded them. He has decided to name his game character as Luxor, and at the same time it became the name of the game app. 

"But it's so addictive, Kyu, I can't stop now" Ryeowook said without even looking at Kyuhyun. 

"Yup, Kyuhyun-ssi, this is so addictive! Give us another 15 more minutes" Shindong suggested. 

Kyuhyun actually was very happy that they like the game. That means he has hope that it will be well accepted when it eventually got launch. He already thought of some concept for the trial version which he did halfway, and he would be able to finish it tonight. 

While Shindong was playing the game using Kyuhyun's phone, a message pop up. 
"Kyuhyun-ssi, you have a message. But, wait first, I'll save my game.  Oookkay done, here you go, ehhh it's from our boss, Sungmin. Sorry, I saw his name, didn't mean to intrude" Shindong said apologetically while passing the phone back to Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook glanced up at them hearing his boss name. 

"Don't worry about it. Probably Mr Lee wanted to discuss about the game" Kyuhyun accepted his phone from Shindong and clicked to open up his message. 

Sungmin's message was "Done with lunch?" 

Kyuhyun type a reply "Yes, but your two staff here didn't want to end the game" and he added laughing emoticons. 

"Really?? Hmmm tell them I wanted to see you to discuss about the game. Purely business" added Sungmin with a big smile emoticons. 

"You mean you want to see me now, Mr Lee" Kyuhyun sent back. 

"Yessss" 

"Alright, but where?" 

"Can you come to my apartment? I will text you the address".

"Ok Mr Lee" Kyuhyun sent the message. In a moment Sungmin sent back another message with his address:
Apartment C
Unit number: #13-07
Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu

"Hey guys, Mr Lee wants to see me to discuss about the game's terms and agreement, and if I agree to it, I can consider and sign the contract" 

"Wow that's great Kyu!!! I'm so proud of you!!" Ryeowook stopped the game and pat Kyuhyun's back. He was really genuinely proud of his friend and wanted to see him successful in this area that he loved so much. "And please hint to him to give me a raise" 

"Heyyy Wook that's not fair, I tested the game too" Shindong jokingly glared at Ryeowook. 

"Coz I introduced Kyuhyun to boss" Ryeowook showed his tongue at Shindong. 

"Wook, I'm just discussing terms and conditions, I can't interfere on Mr Lee's business and his staff" Kyuhyun said while keeping his ipad mini inside his backpack. 

"I know, I know, I was just kidding!" Ryeowook punched Kyuhyun’s arm. "Ok go go, don't let my boss wait for you. Where are you meeting him?" 

"At his home" 

"Wow!! He invited you to go to his apartment??? We haven't even see his apartment before! Somewhere in Jamsil right?" Ryeowook being nosey. 

"Yeah, at Jamsil. He text me his address already". 

"That's his own apartment. His family home is in Ilsan" Shindong chipped in. 

"Oh really, they are not staying together?" Kyuhyun was curious. 

"Not since boss took over this company. He moved out and stay on his own. Okay then, I'm going off to Mouse Rabbit. You want me to bring back your iPad?" Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun. 

"No need I just keep it in my backpack. Thanks for trying out the game, Wook. And you too, Shindong-ssi". 

"It was our pleasure! See you Kyuhyun-ssi. See you Wook" Shindong got up, waved at them and left. Ryeowook walked out with Kyuhyun and stood at the roadside to plan their journey. Kyuhyun was thinking to take the subway to Jamsil whereas Ryeowook said Mouse Rabbit was quite near, so he could just take the bus. So they bid each other goodbye and went going separate ways. 

While walking to the subway, Kyuhyun phone rang. It's Sungmin calling. "Hi Min, I'm on my way to the subway". 

"Hold on, don't go into the subway yet, I pick you up, which subway station?" 

"You don't have to, it's okay, I'll be there in 30 minutes"

"I'm driving back actually. I had lunch with my father and brother. I'm now near to Konkuk University station"

"Ahhh I see. Ok I'm at Seongsu station. You just drive straight, I'll wait for you at the roadside on the right" 

"Ok got it, can't wait to see you, Kyu" and the line is disconnected. Can't wait to see you. Wow, Kyuhyun felt like his heart was going to burst.  He retraced back his steps to go up to the road level. Before long, he saw Sungmin's car and he waved at Sungmin. 

From far, Sungmin has already saw Kyuhyun. He looked so handsome even in casual outfit. And when Kyuhyun smile and waved at him, oh wow, his heart missed a few beats! Initially when he kept visiting Mouse Rabbit just to see Kyuhyun, to him Kyuhyun looked so dashingly handsome in his barista uniform, but as he got to know Kyuhyun better, he actually looks good in anything he wore. He stopped the car so that Kyuhyun could get in.

"Heyyy, thanks for picking me up!" 

"Since I'm also on the way back, might as well pick you up. How did it go? You were saying they love the game?" 

"If I didn't say that you wanted me to meet you, I think they would still be playing right now!" Kyuhyun laughed. "But I am very glad that they like it. By the way, the trial version is already halfway done. I just need to finalise it and add some words at the end of the version". 

"Oh that's great! I'm very sure your trial version can catch a lot of attention!" 

"I hope so. I'm scared that it will be a flop. It will be a disappointment to you as a distributor" Kyuhyun looked down. He couldn't dismissed the possibility of his game being a let down especially if the World knew that he was an ex-convict. 

"Kyu, have some confidence in yourself. I believe in you, so you have to believe in yourself too that it will succeed. Let's talk more about it later ok" Sungmin reached over and squeezed Kyuhyun's hand. After driving for a while he turned to a driveway to a blocks of condominium and entered into an underground carpark. "Alright, we are here, let's go". 

Kyuhyun followed Sungmin to the lift and to the 13th floor. 

"Welcome to my home!" Sungmin said after he unlocked his door. 

"Wow, this is nice! So you" Kyuhyun smile after looking around while walking into the living room. The decor really shout Sungmin. There were lots of cute things around, Kyuhyun saw cute rabbit figurines on a display cabinet, a rabbit plushie on on corner of the sofa, several cushions with cats cover, the leather sofa was in light pink colour, the curtains were white with light pink butterflies, and on a side table there was a lightstand with Peter Rabbit as the holder. 

"First things first" Sungmin turned around to face Kyuhyun, put up his hands on Kyuhyun's shoulders and kissed him. Kyuhyun wrapped his hands around Sungmin's waist and pulled him closer. They kissed for a while until they stopped for breathing. "I missed you, Kyu. I know we just met yesterday but I can't help it. I kept thinking about you". 

"So did I manage to cure you?" Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin and smile teasingly. 

"A little" 

"Come here" and Kyuhyun hugged him again and then kissed him again and again. "Better?" 

"Hmmm... better.." Sungmin smile sweetly at Kyuhyun. "hmmm, want some wine? I suddenly thought of having wine and relax for a while". 

"Sure, I love wine. When I was still staying with my parents, my dad always bought wine whenever he went for business trips".

Sungmin walked to his kitchenette "Oh great then. I'm not sure if you ever try Txakolina wine? No? It is crisp, fresh, and slightly sparkling. My absolute favorite is this Txakolina wines from the Basque area in the north of Spain. I was there for a conference and managed to bring back 2 bottles. It's great to go with fruit tart, which, ta-da.... I made some this morning!! " and Sungmin brought them out from the fridge, and showed them to Kyuhyun. 

"You made them? You are good in baking?" Kyuhyun asking with surprise expression. 

"Yeah I like baking, when I have the time, that is. If I bake extra, I would bring them to office and offered to my team especially Ryeowook. He loved tarts, cookies, muffins and anything sweet. Haha". 

"Tell me about it! That's why he and Yesung-hyung can get along well because both like pastries!" 

They were laughing and brought the tarts, the wine bottle and 2 glasses to the balcony. Sungmin poured the wine into the two glasses and Kyuhyun brought over small plates for the tarts. They sat next to each other on a 2-seater sofa in the balcony which overlooking Lotte World, and started sipping the wine. It was indeed nice and relaxing, which Kyuhyun had not experienced for quite a while. 

"Kyu, don't mind me asking, have you try contacting your parents? They need to learn the truth and that you are not guilty at all". 

Sighing, Kyuhyun leaned back and took another sip "I did, but their lines were no longer in use. I called my dad's number, my sister's and even home number, but all numbers were not in use. I guessed they must have changed their numbers or moved away. I do have other ways to try to try to find them, but currently I just felt sad that they didn't want any connections with me. So I didn't try other methods yet. Maybe later if I am successful in life, I might try contacting them again". 

"I'm really sorry Kyu, I shouldn't have asked. I just wanted you to be accepted back by your family and that you are happy" Sungmin said apologetically while putting down his glass. 

"It's ok Min. You have every right to ask. If one day they accepted me back with open arms, I will introduce you to them" Kyuhyun put down his glass too and turned to Sungmin. 

"Kyu, they might throw you out. They might totally disown you. But I'm so touch that you wanted to introduce me to your family. That means you really like me and serious about me". 

Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin "Of course I really like you, Min. What was holding me back all these while was our social status. I kept telling myself how could I ever hope of you liking me, because I am an ex-convict..." Kyuhyun's talk was cut short because his lips were suddenly covered by Sungmin's lips. 

"Kyu, I never see you as an ex-convict and I really believe in you. I want to introduce you to my family too but not now. It's not that I'm ashamed of you, no, don't get me wrong. Right now my father keep on pushing me to marry his old friend's daughter, which I am so against it.. "

"Ahhh, that lady caller but with a chimpanzee photo.. "

"Hahaha yeah that's the one. Even before I know you in person, I has already rejected my father's proposal for the marriage. I like men and somehow I feel like I am waiting for someone. I have several male friends, I did go out with them, but I never fell for them. It's only when I saw you on that day when you delivered my latte, that I just knew that I have found the person" Sungmin said and Kyuhyun slowly pulled him into a hug. 

Kyuhyun was so touched that Sungmin really like him for what he is, no matter what was his background and social status, and he felt happy that Sungmin is truly sincere. So he slowly pull Sungmin and hugged him, and just kept him there in his arms in a while.

It was much later when they finally started talking about the game. Kyuhyun told Sungmin that he has decided to call it 'Luxor' and Sungmin said that he has prepared the contract. They had moved into the living room and Sungmin took out the contract document that he had completed this morning and show it to Kyuhyun. Sitting next to Kyuhyun, he began explaining the terms and conditions and kept stressing that Kyuhyun could freely look through and change the terms whichever he did not agree. 

Kyuhyun admired Sungmin's professionalism and silently felt proud of Sungmin's capabilities. He took out his reading glasses from his backpack, put on his glasses and started reading through the document and was soon deep in thoughts. Sungmin smile to himself seeing Kyuhyun like that. It was the first time he saw Kyuhyun with glasses and being so serious. Kyuhyun with glasses looked so adorable!! He quietly stood up and took his phone from the table and sat slightly further to snap a photo of Kyuhyun. OhmyGod, Kyuhyun looked so handsome! Sungmin felt like a school girl admiring an idol. Giggling, he set the photo as his home screen photo and then couldn't stop smiling while admiring his phone. 

"Min, I think you should reduce the 3 year contract to 2 years. If the game is a flop, I don't want your company to keep incurring losses. And I will give your company rights to upload all versions, and all the subsequent upgrades, within the 2 years" Kyuhyun looked up while talking and turned around looking for Sungmin when he realised that Sungmin was not next to him. 

"Ahh, 2 years? You sure? Hmmm, unless you agree that just before the 2 years is up, you will renew the contract, because I don't want another company to snatch you" 

"Don't worry, I am very faithful to you, Mr Lee" Kyuhyun laughed. 

Sungmin laughed too "I like that. But seriously Kyu, digital game is a good business opportunity and I want to make your game exclusively mine. I plan to market it this way, "Luxor", by gamegyu, and the app has a registered trademark of 'LeeSM'. And I want it to be patented to my company".

"Of course, I'm all yours. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right beside you" Kyuhyun removed his glasses and smile at Sungmin. 

"Kyu, you are making me weak every second....." 

"Hahaha, ok ok let's get back to this contract. You ok to change it to 2 years? I will sign it after you have change it". 

"Okayyy, I'll make the changes now" Sungmin brought over his laptop from his study room, opened it and power it on. He got up again to bring over his wireless printer.  After he amended and saved the contract, he sent it to print. He took the old contract document with him and shredded it in his study room. He walked back and took the printouts. 

"Here Kyu, you look through again? It's a 2 year contract now". 

"Thanks. You don't need to show to your father to get his approval first?" 

"Nope. He doesn't normally interfere with my decision. The only thing he does want me to update him is on my company's profitability and how this subsidiary is doing in general. And he knew about this proposal already and he has given me the green light to proceed" Sungmin smile at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun put on his glasses again, much to Sungmin's thrill. "Kyu, you looked so good with glasses. You are long-sited?" 

"Yeah, too much study and played too many games, I guessed" Kyuhyun laughed and continued reading the contract document. After he finished reading, he search for a pen in his backpack. 

"You want a pen? Here, use mine" Sungmin passed him his pen. His pen was a beautiful Japanese-hand-crafted ink pen with pink Sakura flowers decorated throughout the cover. Kyuhyun thanked him and signed the contract. 

"There, I've signed it. We are business partners now! And this is a very beautiful pen!" Kyuhyun returned back Sungmin's pen as well as the contract. 

"Thanks, it was a gift from my late grandmother. I think she ordered it from an old Japanese friend of hers for my birthday 2 years ago, and since then, I've treasured this pen. She was the only one who truly understand me in my family and when she's gone, I have nobody to talk to about my problems".

"I'm sorry about your lost, Min" 

"Thank you, it's ok, I've gotten over my sadness. I will bring you to visit her grave one of these days and introduce you to her. I want her to see how happy I am because I've found someone that I like, and I'm sure she will be happy too".

"I like that. We can go any Fridays or Saturdays when you are free". 

"Oh yes, Fridays and Saturdays are your off-days right? That's great then!"

"Ermmmm, don't you need to counter-signed the contract?" 

"Yes yes, I do, and after that I will give you a copy. On Monday, I will get it patented and scan the contract into our official business folder and pass it to you by Wednesday".

"Ok. Means I get to see you again on Wednesday?" Kyuhyun was smiling at him. 

"Unless you don't to see me so soon, my business partner?" Sungmin . 

"When I missed you, I just need to  self-deliver your latte to your office and I can see you as much as I want" 

"And if I missed you first, I can just drop by early Monday morning to see my handsome barista making my latte specially for me" 

They both laughed. Sungmin signed the contract, went to his scanner and make a copy for Kyuhyun. He put the copy of the contract into his company's envelope and pass it to Kyuhyun. "Kyu, the official contract will be the Wednesday one, but I know that you are working, so maybe we officially seal the deal on Friday?" 

"Sure, no problem, Min. I will come over on Friday. The trial version should be completed by then and I will save all versions of the game in a disk plus the trial version and pass them to you". 

"Okayy" Sungmin kept his laptop and printer. "Stay for dinner ok?" 

"Ahhh, I would love to, but I think I better go back. Ryeowook might wonder why signing a contract took so long and also we might not be able to separate so fast if we are together until night time" Kyuhyun said apologetically and regretfully. He really didn't want to be seen just want to get the contract done and go off, but really, he didn't know if he himself could separate from Sungmin if he stayed longer. 

"I understand. We have plenty of time to spend time together right?  Ok I drive you back but I want to buy dinner on the way? At least I know you will have dinner later". 

"You are so thoughtful!" Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin's lips and turned around to pick up his backpack. Sungmin pulled him back and kissed him. 

After a while, Kyuhyun said "We better get going Min, else I will be here till tomorrow" Kyuhyun slowly released Sungmin and took his backpack. Sungmin nodded and took his car key. Indeed, it is difficult to separate because his heart yearn for Kyuhyun every second. And he knew Kyuhyun has to work tomorrow and need to finish up the trial version. 

They left Sungmin's apartment with hands intertwined with each other.