The gamer friend

Ex-convict

Seemed like more game enthusiastic followers were aware that the Luxor programmer himself was replying their queries, such that these followers started inviting more people. Kyuhyun were replying queries after queries and even gave some tips on ways to gain more points.

Sungmin was puzzled as to why he kept getting notifications from FB, while sending his father off at the hotel's carpark. He took out his phone and saw that @gamegyu was replying queries in their Luxor page, and because he was the public page owner, he got the notifications as well. 

"Ohh he's replying the queries! Hmmm.. is he bored waiting for me?" Sungmin said to himself. He waved at his father when his car drove off. 

Sungmin walked quickly towards the hotel's garden to look for his boyfriend. 'His boyfriend'. Why couldn't he just tell his father the truth? That, the reason why he rejected his father's proposal to marry him off with that girl, Saeun, was because he is in a relationship with a guy? Is he ashamed of Kyuhyun? Definitely not. It was just not the right time yet. Yes, that was the reason, it's not the right time yet. Sungmin told himself. 

"Kyu! I'm sorry for taking so long. And I'm sorry for leaving you at the shop. It was so sudden. He said he was already at the hotel lobby"  Sungmin told Kyuhyun once he had spotted him seated at a bench, busy with his handphone. 

"It's ok. I saw you two at the hotel's cafe" Kyuhyun looked up for a while but then looked at his phone again to type something. 

"You are not asking me why he was here?" 

"To ask you to marry that girl" 

"How did you know??" 

"Wook told me" 

"Kyu, look at me" 

Sungmin hold Kyuhyun's hand to stop him from typing. Kyuhyun looked up at him with questioning look. 

"The person I love is you. Not her. Ok? So I will never agree" 

"And he came all the way here just to listen to your answer, and it's ok with him?" 

"No..." 

"So we are back to square one" 

"I.... I told him to give me more time as I am very busy with Luxor" 

"Sungmin.." 

"I know I know, by giving that answer, he will just proceed with his plan to arrange the marriage. The story was, his friend threatened to withdraw his shares from my father's main company, that was why he came here just to tell me, hopefully I agree to the plan so that it could stop him from withdrawing the shares" 

"Which he will take it that you agreed, just that to give you more time.." 

"No, Kyu, I told him I am not interested in her, but to give me more time to think whether I want to get married or not" 

Kyuhyun was quiet. He continued typing one more reply, then he logged off. "Let's get something to eat, then we can pack to checkout" he got up and started walking. 

"Kyu..." 

"I'm hungry" 

Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun wasn't happy with the way he had answered his father. It was true, he needed more time. When Luxor succeeded, and Kyuhyun got a name to himself, that would be the time he would introduced his boyfriend to his family, especially his father. He wanted them to be proud of Kyuhyun. He didn't want them to look down on him. 

He knew that Kyuhyun would go all out to fight for him, because Kyuhyun was very focus. He would not give up something half way. But, Sungmin himself couldn't stand it if his family looked down on Kyuhyun. He couldn't let that happen. So, both of them really have to wait. 

The drive back was very quiet. Kyuhyun offered to drive first so that Sungmin could rest. But it was a very uncomfortable silence. Sungmin hated it. All was fine until his father showed up. Why the heck his secretary told his father where he was! He should have told his secretary not to divulge anything! Sigh. 

"Min, you know that I will not going to let you go, so let's leave this matter behind us for a while. I'm sorry if I wasn't myself, and if I made you upset" 

Sungmin turned to him and smile. 

"No, I was the one who made you upset. Ok yes, let's leave matter behind" he reached over to squeeze Kyuhyun's hand. "I love you a lot. And please trust my feelings, Kyu" 

Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hand and kissed it. He smile and looked back on the road. Though they agreed not to talk about it anymore, he couldn't stop thinking about it. The last thing he wanted was for Sungmin to go against his father and leave his family because of him. He hated himself because he was an ex-convict. If only he wasn't, it would be easier to pursue Sungmin. 

"Kyu, I don't like this silence. Why are we like this?" Sungmin became sad and he felt like bursting in tears. He thought this short getaway would strengthen their relationship but it seemed like putting a distance instead. 

Kyuhyun signalled to exit to a nearby rest area and parked the car in an empty spot away from other vehicles. He unbuckled his seat belt as well as Sungmin's. Then he pulled Sungmin into his arms. 

Sungmin hugged him back and started tearing. He hold Kyuhyun tightly and just stay in his arms. No words needed. He knew Kyuhyun loved him unconditionally and he made up his mind that this was what he wanted. Kyuhyun is his future and he wanted to be with Kyuhyun forever. This is his home. 

Kyuhyun let him go and wipe his tears. He kissed Sungmin's watery cheeks and kissed his lips briefly and hugged him again. 

"I love you Sungmin and yes, I trust your feelings. Let's face anything together, ok?" 

Sungmin nodded but didn't want to let go. He just want to stay in Kyuhyun's arms for a bit more. Kyuhyun understood and Sungmin's hair lovingly. It would be a difficult journey, yes he knew, and he reminded himself that he should see from Sungmin's point of view. Sungmin is facing a more difficult journey to hold on with their love. He needs to give his moral support to Sungmin for them to move ahead together. 

"Want to eat something? After that we can continue driving back" 

"Ok" but Sungmin still didn't let go of him. 

"Min, come, let's go" he pulled Sungmin away from him and kissed his forehead. He got out from the car and walked over to open the passenger's door. 

The break and the food helped to lightened their mood. Kyuhyun started cracking jokes about the latte which tasted so horrible that he wanted to offer to train the person who made the latte. Sungmin had to laugh. 

"I think you can just said 'Excuse me, i'm a barista, and let me do my own latte coz yours '" and they laughed together. 

The sandwich was ok but a bit dry. They concluded that Yesung-hyung should seriously consider opening cafes along the highway. And they laughed again. 

Kyuhyun kept on cracking jokes on the remaining journey home. He offered to drive again and they sang along with the songs in the radio and their mood became happy again. 

The remaining days that followed were one of the most busiest moments for Luxor FB page. More and more followers started asking questions especially on the coming competition and it became too much for Kyuhyun. He couldn't spent his time answering questions because of his work, and he didn't want Yesung-hyung to start getting annoyed because he was constantly typing something on his phone. 

Yesung was very happy about the bowls that Kyuhyun bought and instantly use them on his cafe's table. He wanted to pay Kyuhyun but as Kyuhyun rejected him, he arranged to add the amount into Kyuhyun's salary. He was touched that Kyuhyun even thought of getting the bowls and that coffee beans that Kyuhyun bought too, has a very good aroma. He had found out the supplier's details and in the midst of ordering new stock. He hope his customers would like the new coffee. 

Luxor's competition was on the coming Saturday. LeeSM has set the date, time and venue and had rented 100 ipads and some desktops. The registration was overwhelming and they had to organise the competition into two timings to accommodate the overwhelming response. 

Kyuhyun had completed the game special edition version for the competition and Ryeowook had complained non-stop that this game version was very difficult and nagged at Kyuhyun coz there would be no way that he could win. Kyuhyun has to knock his head because staff from LeeSM were not allowed to enter the competition in the first place! 

Kyuhyun had given all game rights to LeeSM and Sungmin's staff has uploaded the LuxorSP version into all ipad and desktops. LuxorSP is the limited edition for the special version, just for the competition. Before the 1st session of the competition, Kyuhyun walked around just to ensure all ipads and desktops has the correct version. He saw the guy from the souvenir shop, Choi Minho, and was happy that he came all the way here to enter the competition. He somehow found a game friend in Minho. Somebody who has the same passion as him but still raw at the creation aspect of the game. 

Minho seemed lost and he was looking around probably to ask questions on which session he would be. Kyuhyun walked to him and tapped his shoulder. 

"Kyuhyun-ssi!!! Surprised to see you here!! You are joining this competition too?" 

"Hello Minho-ssi. No, I am helping LeeSM crews, so i cannot enter the competition" 

"Oh, what a waste. Else we can compete together haha" 

"Hahaha. Well, I wish you all the best. Which session will you be in?" 

"Yeah, that's the thing, I was only issued a number and a time, but didn't say which session" 

"Hmmm, can I see the ticket?" 

"Here" 

"Ohh, you'll be in the first session. See, your ticket showed LX186, means Luxor 1st session, ID nbr 86"

"Ahhhh got it. Thank you Kyuhyun-ssi" 

"No problem. And your seat should be over there, that row which starts at nbr 80"

"Thank you thank you Kyuhyun-ssi" 

"All the best Minho-ssi! Remember to strategies your attack and find the shortest route. Fighting!!

Minho waved at him. What a waste that Kyuhyun-ssi is not in the competition. He was good, from those times that he had taught him how to overcome that 2 huddles, Minho was telling himself. Before he turned towards his row, he saw the guy who was with Kyuhyun-ssi back in Jeonju Hanok Village, Min, if he was not mistaken. Ohh, so they are in the same team. No wonder they went there together. Maybe brainstorming on the competition ideas, Minho smiled to himself. 

The 1st session started and all gamers were very enthusiastic and played with caution. Minho remembered Kyuhyun's advice, always strategies his attack and select the shortest route. 

Sungmin walked over to Kyuhyun and sat with him. They couldn't be lovey-dovey in public but their eyes could tell that they were happy to be with each other. 

"Minho-ssi is here. He is at row 80"

"I saw" Sungmin said. 

"Hmm, did I detect some jealousy vibes...?" 

"Why should I be jealous?" Sungmin looked down. 

"He's a gamer like me, Min. That's why it's easy for him and me to be at ease because we talk in the same language" 

"Okayyyyy" 

"Too bad we are in public" 

"Or else?" 

"I will kiss you until all your jealousies are gone" 

"Haha, really Kyu, i'm not jealous. Just... annoyed, I guess, maybe because you are easily friendly with him and you readily want to  help him" 

"I don't really know why. He's like my younger brother who love the same kind of things that I like. Someone whom I can just play online game with him all day. So stop your jealousy. Other than for the love of games, I respect him as an acquaintance. That all" 

From far, they saw that Minho has completed his game. Kyuhyun logged on to his games tracker, and true enough, @shineeMH has completed all levels. He felt proud of Minho. 

Shindong, who sat at the Facilitator seat, gave Minho the nbr 1 card, meaning that he was the 1st one to complete. There would be only 5 top gamers who would be selected by the earliest timing in each session, and after combining the 2 sessions' top 10 winners, the top 5 winners in terns of fastest timing would be announced. 

"Wow, your gamer friend is very good. He finish first! Impressive"

"I'm proud of him!" 

"Yeah yeah of course you are" 

Kyuhyun laughed. There goes Sungmin's jealousy again. 

"You can go talk to him if you want. Don't mind me, I can sit here alone" 

"There you go again" Kyuhyun . 

"What? I told you I'm not jealous" 

"Just annoyed. Okay I get the message" 

"Sungmin, how's the competition so far?" suddenly Mr Lee appeared at the hall's door and walked towards he and Kyuhyun. 

"Ohh, Kyuhyun, you are here too. Thank you for the special edition version. Seemed like the competition is very successful! I like it! We must have more of these competitions!!" 

He patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and walked off towards Shindong. 

"Well well, my father is proud of you. Congratulations!" 

"Because I bring more money?" 

"Yeah could be. Or he just likes you. On normal circumstances, he don't like anybody and he just scolded and scolded his staff and don't give a damn..." 

"So does it mean that I have a good chance?" 

Before Sungmin could answer, Minho cut him off "Kyuhyun-ssi! I'm so happy!! I didn't know that I was the first one to finish until I got this card!!!!" Minho showed his card proudly to Kyuhyun. 

Sungmin was annoyed that Minho went straight to Kyuhyun as though he was invincible, and he was just next to Kyuhyun! His jealousy quadrable and he was fuming mad......