Don't doubt your own feelings

Ex-convict

The dinner was at Jihwaja Seoul restaurant, at 125 Jahamun-ro, Cheongunhyoja-dong. It serves Royal court cuisine, the essence of the Korean food culture, and made with the best ingredients, exceptional culinary techniques, and the devotion of its chefs. Kyuhyun actually didn't really like high class restaurant, but as this dinner was arranged by LeeSM for the winner, he had no choice but to oblige. 

The two winners, Minho and Suho, had a wonderful time catching up with each other on the game, and both kept asking questions to Kyuhyun while they ate. Minho told Suho that he was so dumb as not to know that the person he met back home was actually his idol all along! 

Kyuhyun told him that he was supposed to keep his identity a secret, that was why he didn't tell Minho that he was actually gamegyu. Minho showed Suho their photos that they took at his shop and Suho also want to have some photos with Kyuhyun! 

While they were eating, Minho suddenly said, "Kyuhyun-ssi, that's Mr Lee and his girlfriend. Ohh they are dining here too?"

Kyuhyun looked up and saw them too. So Sungmin chose the same restaurant to fulfil his promise to his father that he will dine with Saeun. Or he purposely wanted to make Kyuhyun jealous? But instead of jealous, Kyuhyun felt sad. Sad that Saeun actually seemed more compatible to Sungmin as compared to him. Who was he to stand next to Sungmin. He was just an ex-convict. 

They continued eating and chatted about the game version compared to the 1st version. Or more like Minho and Suho chatted while Kyuhyun just answered intermittently. His mind was still at the other table, where Sungmin and Saeun seated. He became depressed and wanted to get out from the restaurant as soon as he can. 

Kyuhyun suggested they adjourned to a cafe with live music or any cafe with karaoke. It would be on him, he said, to thank both of them for their support. 

"No Kyuhyun-ssi. Let me treat you and Suho. I am very happy to win and to be able to meet you. How about we go to this cafe 'Thanks Nature Cafe' at Mapo-gu? I went there once with my friends when I was here for my friend's wedding, and I like the cafe very much"

"I heard about that place too!  Let's go? We can go in my car coz I drive" Suho told them excitedly. 

On the way to the cafe, Kyuhyun got a text from Sungmin "Where did you all go? I looked up and you were all gone" 

"Ohh, we are going to 'Thanks Nature Cafe' at Mapo-gu, for a drink. Minho wanted to treat us" Kyuhyun replied back. 

"I see. I will send Saeun back and I join you all later" Sungmin sent his text.

"You enjoy the night with Miss Saeun. Don't mind us" Kyuhyun was contemplating whether to click send or not. I'm the end, he decided to click 'send'. 

"What does that mean? No I will join you all later" Sungmin replied back. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath. He felt like a replacement. The 2nd person in queue, though he knew Sungmin loved him, but apparently, his family has already has Saeun in mind. Where would that leave him? Just be Sungmin's lover? 

The cafe was nice and cosy. They had a relaxing time talking, joking and laughing. They clicked easily, like old friends, maybe because they all love gaming. 

There was a karaoke machine in the corner, like a mini stage, with some seats. Kyuhyun told Minho and Suho that he wanted to sing. They were surprised but encouraged him to go ahead. 

Kyuhyun took the mike, and selected his favourite song, 
'Two People' 

When he was about to sing, Sungmin walked in. He was surprised to see Kyuhyun on the mini stage, getting ready to sing. 'Ohh Kyuhyun can sing too?' he smile to himself. 

Kyuhyun started singing:

After a tiring day passes, underneath the moonlight, 
two people become one shadow
A vague happiness that seems
reachable is still over there

Even if my scarred heart casts
a shadow on your dreams
Please remember that a person, who loves you till it hurts, 
is next to you

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness
Until everything becomes a memory,
let’s become each other’s resting place

When I’m walking with you, 
when I can't see where I need to go or the path I’m on
I’ll remember the world of that day when everything dazzled with just you alone

I’m still awkward and I lack but
until always, I’ll be by your side
On a dark night, even if we’re lost and wandering,
let’s be each other’s light

In the far days ahead,
even if the dreams we’re looking
for isn’t past the rainbow
The times spent with you right
now are more precious to me

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness
Until everything becomes a memory,
let’s become each other’s resting place

I’m still awkward and I lack but
until always, I’ll be by your side
Even if the cruel wind blows again, we will overcome the rough times together


"Ohh his voice!! He has such a beautiful voice!!! I didn't know that he can sing!!" Minho was in awe as he listen to Kyuhyun's voice.

At another table, Sungmin was staring at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sang with all his heart. "He is singing to me" Sungmin told himself. He felt guilty for bringing Saeun to the same restaurant but his intention was just to make sure Minho did not do anything funny to his Kyu. But it turned out, he was actually making Kyuhyun sad. "Why Kyu? You knew how much I love you. I will  never replace you with Saeun" Sungmin felt like running to Kyuhyun now and hugged him.

Sungmin also love this song 'Two people', and to Sungmin, Kyuhyun and himself are the two people in the song, and not Saeun and himself. He loved Kyuhyun whole-heartedly. He wanted to replace that sad expression on Kyuhyun's face and to make him happy again.

Sungmin walked to their table as soon as Kyuhyun finished singing and received lots of cheers and clappings.

"Ohh Mr Lee, you are here too? Errr, where is your girlfriend?" Minho asked still smiling happily after cheering for Kyuhyun.

"I came alone. Can I join you all?" Sungmin asked politely.

"Yes sure! Err Mr Lee, this is Suho. Suho, this is Mr Lee Sungmin, the owner of LeeSM" Minho introduced Suho to Sungmin.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Lee. Thank you for the wonderful dinner. It was very very nice" 

"Nice to meet you, Suho, and you are most welcome!" Sungmin smile at him, and looked up as Kyuhyun re-joined them at the table. "Wow, Kyu, you have such a wonderful voice!". Kyuhyun smiled at him without talking anything. 

"Yes, Kyuhyun-ssi! Your voice is so mesmerising! I didn't know you could sing too!!" Minho praised Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, you should do a solo album!! You are better than some of the current singers now" Suho added.

"Thank you, I only singing for fun. I used to sing a lot during my university days, but I have no time now, you know, with all the programming going on" Kyuhyun laughed.

The 2 guys laughed too. Sungmin felt sad that Kyuhyun didn't talk to him. It was actually his fault. He started all this. He was so jealous of Minho that he failed to consider Kyuhyun's feelings, which was only for him. And bringing Saeun to the same dinner place was the worst of all. How stupid could he be?

The three of them continued talking about music and they got to know that besides gaming, Suho loved to dance, and has his own dance group and they occasionally performed in musical! 

And the two of them were surprised too that besides programming, Kyuhyun was a full time barista! Suho said that he would dropped by Mouse Rabbit cafe tomorrow to see Kyuhyun in action, and Minho said that he would purposely made another trip to Seoul soon to drop by the cafe! 

When it was time to part ways, Suho offered to drive Minho to the coach terminal, while Sungmin said he would give Kyuhyun a lift. They bid each other farewell and Kyuhyun told them that he would contact them once the new Luxor is ready to be tested.

In the car, Kyuhyun was silence. Sungmin couldn't take it anymore and parked his car in a small park.

"Kyu, I'm sorry ok. I didn't meant to bring Saeun there in the first place, but I thought I could see how Minho behaved with you"

"Min, how many times must I say that you are the only one! I only treat him as a fellow gamer, nothing else than that"

"I know I know, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. And for your info, I hardly talk to Saeun. My attention was only on you, until she got fed up."

Kyuhyun was silent again. He really didn't want to know about that woman. He would accept his fate if senior Mr Lee decided to marry off Sungmin to Saeun. He didn't want Sungmin to break any ties with his father because of him.

"Kyu? Talk to me..." Sungmin was on the verge of tears now.

Kyuhyun looked down on his hands. Why are they like this. Couples need to talk it out in order to sort out any misunderstandings. He took a deep breath and turn to Sungmin. Unbuckled their seat belts, he pulled Sungmin into his arms. Sungmin started sobbing.

"I'm sorry Min. I guess I am still in this self-pity state that I'm not suitable to be with you, when I saw you with Saeun. I failed to consider your feelings. I'm sorry ok. I love you very very much!" Kyuhyun tightened his hold and then slowly released Sungmin and kissed his forehead.

Still teary-eyed, Sungmin smile lovingly at Kyuhyun. Yes, this man is the only one in his heart and the only one that he loved. No doubt about it anymore.