Break the news

Ex-convict

Sungmin fetched Kyuhyun to go for the dinner with his parents. He had informed Kyuhyun earlier that his father wanted to have a small celebration for the pre-launch of Luxor Galaxy. Though Kyuhyun had mixed feelings to go to Sungmin's family dinner, he decided to go to support Sungmin. Furthermore, he bought something for Sungmin and himself which he planned to give to Sungmin after their dinner. But then again, if Saeun is there and they talk about Sungmin's marriage to her, then, he would just keep what he bought for momentous. 

The dinner was at Sushi Cho, at The Westin Chosun Seoul. It's a Japanese restaurant at 20th floor and it presents a new standard of Japanese dining. Traditional sushi artistry from Michelin-awarded Ginza Kyubey is served in an elegant and timeless decor endowed with a spectacular view.

"Kyuhyun, my son!! Sit down sit down! Dear, this is Cho Kyuhyun, the brilliant game programmer which is the man behind Luxor" Mr Lee introduced Kyuhyun to Mrs Lee, as soon as both Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked in and approached their table. 

"Ohh my god, you are so young and handsome!! I always thought the game programmerscare old and bald" Mrs Lee laughed cutely while hugging Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun can see that Sungmin resembled his mother a lot, in terms of being humble and lots of cuteness. 

"Sungmin, Mr and Mrs Kim and Saeun couldn't join us tonight because Mrs Kim's close friend has passed on. Maybe we arrange again another time" Mr Lee informed Sungmin, much to Sungmin's happiness. 

They had placed their orders and then they started talking of Luxor. It turned out that Mrs Lee started to get hooked on Luxor, and she often played the game in saloon while waiting for her hair to be done. Sungmin chided her for being slow, coz she has a long way to catch up, now that they woukd be launching Luxor Galaxy. Everybody laughed and Kyuhyun volunteered to coach her personally if she wanted, which made her jubilant and kept asking when he would be free. 

The dinner was delicious and Kyuhyun told them more about Luxor Galaxy. Mr Lee was very impressed and kept praising Kyuhyun. He also praised Sungmin for bringing in the talented Kyuhyun into their industry. 

They were having wine when Sungmin decided to break the news "Father and mother, Kyuhyun is more than a business partner to me. We gradually became close and actually, ermm" he looked at Kyuhyun who encouraged him to go on. However, Sungmin didn't know how to put it across. 

"Mr and Mrs Lee, Sungmin and I are in love with each other and I really couldn't live without him" Kyuhyun reached over and held Sungmin's hand. Sungmin heaved a sigh of relieved as Kyuhyun managed to say it out to his parents. 

Mr Lee was dumbstruck and Mrs Lee looked confused.

"Do you mean to say you two are in a same gender relationship??" Mr Lee said in a controlled voice so that the conversation were heard within their table. 

"Yes Mr Lee. I am sorry to hide it from your knowledge all these while. Sungmin and I have been working very closely and it just happened. We love each other's company, we enjoyed talking to each other, and we will missed each other if we didn't meet for a day. He is my source of inspiration and he has been the one who keeps me going and encourage me to bring out my best potential. He is my soulmate and my other half" Kyuhyun said in the most honest confession that the Lees had ever heard. 

Sungmin was so touch with Kyuhyun’s sincerety that he didn't realised his tears were flowing. All these while, he thought he was the only one who was heads over heels with Kyuhyun. Tonight he realised that Kyuhyun's love for him was beyond words. Now he knew that  he meant everything to Kyuhyun. That's enough to touch his heart. 

For senior Mr Lee, he was surprised that it was Kyuhyun that Sungmin like. He has been suspecting that his son likes men because he wasn't interested in Saeun, but Kyuhyun was too humble and too polite for Sungmin. He thought Sungmin likes more wild type or more businessmen type. 

Senior Mr Lee was thinking hard. If he is against their relationship, Kyuhyun might move to other companies, who were just waiting for him to accept their offers. Kyuhyun is a golden boy, very brilliant yet very humble. He has no airs eventhough he is practically a millionaire now. This is the qualities that he likes. Kyuhyun has the potential to go further and more successful than now. 

But if he accept their relationship, it would be a blow to his status. What will his friends and business partners say if they know his son is a gay? That's bad, isn't it? What should he do now? 

"Dear, say something" Mrs Lee shook her husband's arm. Mr Lee looked at her and then look at Sungmin and Kyuhyun. 

"I am not in favour of this kind of relationship" and he put up his hand to stop Sungmin from speaking "but I don't disapprove either. You two can continue to be together, just try to keep it low profile. I don't want your true relationship to be make known to public".

Sungmin let go of his breath which he has been holding when his father started talking. He felt Kyuhyun's hand on his hand so Sungmin clasp it and intertwine their hands. Kyuhyun was smiling. He looked so relieved. 

"Thank you, sir. We will take great care when we are in public" Kyuhyun told senior Mr Lee. 

"You two finish the wine. I'm tired, so we will make a move first. I will settle the bill. Come dear" Mr Lee stood up. 

"Take care father, mother. And thank you for the dinner" Sungmin stood up, bowed and hugged his mother. 

"Thank you sir" Kyuhyun stood up too and bowed to Mr Lee and then to Mrs Lee. 

Sungmin turned around and hugged Kyuhyun. They kept it brief and sat down, smiling to each other. 

"Thank you, Kyu, for having the guts to say it all out. And thsnk you for what you said. I'm so touch that you really sincerely love me" Sungmin smile at him. 

Kyuhyun took out what he bought and had planned to give to Sungmin. He  opened up thd small box and took out 2 rings. He took Sungmin's hand and put on one ring, and he himself wore the other ring. 

"Couple rings" He smile happily at Sungmin, who by now was closing his mouth with his other hand due to happiness. 

"Ohmygod Kyu, thank you!!!! And it fits so perfectly!! I love the ring!!!" 

"You are mine, and I'm yours. Forever. Shall we toast for our future together?" Kyuhyun smile and held Sungmin's hand, and held the wine with his other hand.

"To our future together and I love you Kyu" Sungmin smile while they toast and then drank their wine. 

That night, both of them smile happily in their own beds and admire their rings. It was a 925 sterling silver ring, with their names engraved on it in the inner side. Kyuhyun engraved Sungmin's name for his ring, and his own name for Sungmin's ring. 

Sungmin loved his ring. And he wished that he's with Kyuhyun now. He suddenly missed him so much...