Cooking cooking

Ex-convict

Sungmin was about to off his phone when the caller said "Even if he's an ex-convict? You still want to renew his contract!??.." 

Now Sungmin was really angry "Look sir, I don't know where this conversation is leading to, and I don't know where you get your info from, but his past doesn't matter to me. He is a very talented person and I respect his talent and him as a person. I'm going to end this call as I have many things to do, so if you want to discuss anything further with me, please call our office number and arrange a meeting with my secretary" and Sungmin off his phone and throw it on his table.

While Sungmin was talking just now, Kyuhyun had received texts from Henry. "Hyung, there was this lady, called herself Saeun, came and looking for you this morning. When I told her that you are off duty, she asked me where did you learn to be a good barista, and that she wanted to learn too".

Henry sent another text "I mistakenly blabled that she can't, as it was only for inmates. So sorry hyung, I should have think carefully before I speak. Yesung-hyung scolded me and he told me to keep my mouth shut next time. Again, I'm so sorry hyung".

When Sungmin threw his phone on the table, Kyuhyun was startled and looked up towards him, and asked "Heyy what happen? Are you ok?"

"That stupid caller. I don't know who was the one told him about your past, and he like trying to threaten me so that I give him a chance to sign a contract with you. Like hell I will let you go to him!" 

Kyuhyun think for a while and was wondering whether there is a connection with the text that he received. "Min, look at these text from Henry. Maybe your ex-girlfriend was the one informing that guy who called you" Kyuhyun passed his phone to Sungmin. 

"She's not my ex-girlfriend" Sungmin said while taking Kyuhyun's phone. 

"Ok, sorry" Kyuhyun didn't mean to add fuel to fire, so he apologised. 

"What the hell! This must be her work!!" Sungmin grabbed his phone, stood up and dial somebody. He walked towards his balcony and stood there waiting impatiently for the person to pick up his call. 

"Heyy, what are you trying to do huhh? Don't "what?" with me! You told somebody to call me and spread unfavourable news about Cho Kyuhyun. What do you get from this? No I won't listen to you. You listen to me! Get out of my life once and for all, and hands off Cho Kyuhyun. Don't mess with me!!" and Sungmin off his phone and threw it on the seater near to where he stood at the balcony. 

This was the first time Kyuhyun saw how angry Sungmin was. And all because of trying to defend him! He got up and walked towards the balcony and hugged Sungmin from the back. 

"I'm sorry Min. Because of me, you ended up getting angry. You don't have to defend me you know, I'm really ok to let people know about my past. Let them judge me and my work".

Sungmin rest his back and lean his head against Kyuhyun and hugged Kyuhyun's hands on his chest. He felt sad that people might start judging Kyuhyun. They didn't know his pain and his struggle to be accepted and to lead a meaningful life. Sungmin himself adored Kyuhyun, not because Kyuhyun is his boyfriend, but his dedication and hard work deserved to be applause. And Kyuhyun is so humble and always polite, which he felt ashame that people like Saeun would want to spread bad things about Kyuhyun. 

Sungmin remained quiet and just stayed in Kyuhyun's embrace. He needed to calm down. Kyuhyun turned him around to face him and lifting up his chin, bent down to kiss him. It was lovely and just what Sungmin needed. He needed Kyuhyun to give him strength and faith to fight the world. 

"Better?" Kyuhyun asked with concern. 

Sungmin smile and this time he was the one hugging Kyuhyun, with his head on Kyuhyun's chest. He felt peace in Kyuhyun's arms. Kyuhyun slowly led them to the sofa set indoors, and continued cuddling Sungmin after they sat down. 

"Can we stay like this for a while more, Kyu, please?" 

"Are you feeling better?" 

"Yes, much better coz my medicine is here, in your arms". 

Kyuhyun chuckled. It felt nice to know that he could make Sungmin feel better. He kissed Sungmin's head and tightened his embrace. 

"Kyu?" 

"Hmm..?" 

"I love you" 

Kyuhyun chuckled again. Sungmin is cute when he needs cuddling. "Love you too, from moon to back!" 

"Don't leave me.." 

"I'm here, I won't leave you" 

"I mean, don't go to other companies too" 

"I won't, I promise you". 

"Ok" 

"Feeling better?" 

"Yeah" 

"So, should we continue with our work?" 

"Just a while more" 

"Hmm ok, my baby Min" 

Instead of letting go, Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun tighter. After a while, he slowly let Kyuhyun go while smiling at him. Unable to resist Sungmin's cuteness, Kyuhyun peck his lips. 

Smiling at each other, Sungmin got up "Ok, let's continue with our work" and pulled Kyuhyun back to the dining table.  But his stomach started growling, and they looked at each other and laughed. 

"I think we cook something for lunch? I help you. Hmm, i fry the eggs and cook the rice" Kyuhyun offered. 

"Ok I cooked vegetable soup and steam fish" Sungmin said while checking his fridge. 

After cooking the rice, Kyuhyun started frying eggs. It was then his phone started buzzing. 

"Heyy Wook! Why are disturbing me on my day off??" Kyuhyun answered his phone. 

"Shut up, I want to talk to my boss" Ryeowook said. 

"Then why are you calling my phone. You should call his phone" Kyuhyun said while glancing at Sungmin. 

 "I did, but he never picks up"

Kyuhyun looked over to Sungmin and Sungmin realised that his phone was at the balcony. 

"Oh ok, but, how did you know that i'm with your boss?" Kyuhyun asked, getting a chuckled from Sungmin. 

"Do you really want me to answer that obvious question?? Quick, pass your phone to him" 

"I put you on loud speaker ok" Kyuhyun put his phone on the kitchen island and on the speaker, and going back to his eggs. He was trying to flip it. 

"Hi Wook!" Sungmin greeted Ryeowook, but added to Kyuhyun "Oh Kyu, careful... ! Or let me do it" Sungmin was trying to take the saucepan's handle from him but scream "Ouch" because he forgot to use a glove. 

"Ohh did I hurt you? I'll do it, I'll be gentle don't worry" Kyuhyun use glove and took back the saucepan to flip the eggs. 

"Err guys, did I call on an inappropriate time?" Ryeowook said, with an embarrassed tone. 

"Huh? You go ahead and talk to Sungmin" Kyuhyun said with some difficulty as he was trying to flip the eggs. Sungmin signalled to him to move slightly away so that he could retrieve another glove from his drawer. 

"Min, just open wider" Kyuhyun said as he moved more, so that it is easier for Sungmin to take out the glove.

"Guys, I think I will call later" Ryeowook said from the phone. He was actually thinking that his boss and his friend were making love and he was disturbing them! 

"No, Wook, it's ok, what do you want to tell me?" Sungmin said while putting on his glove. But this glove was bigger.  He signalled to Kyuhyun to swap the gloves as the one Kyuhyun was using was smaller. 

"Yup, this is tighter. Hold on" Kyuhyun said referring to his glove, and after successfully flipping the eggs, he removed his glove and exchanged it with the one Sungmin was holding. 

"Ahhh, this is better, more comfortable!" Sungmin smile at Kyuhyun. 

"Guys, you sure I'm not disturbing?" Ryeowook was feeling doubtful. 

"Yeah go ahead" and then to Kyuhyun, as he needed to remove a pot from the overhead cabinet. "Kyu, help me? Ohh but slowly, slowly, don't pull out so fast" Sungmin said, scared the smaller pots would fall on Kyuhyun. 

"Wook, go ahead, don't mind me" Kyuhyun walked towards the rice cooker to stir the cooked rice. "Hmm, smell nice!" Kyuhyun said after opening the lid. But the vaporised water from the lid started spilling on the floor, near where Sungmin was standing while he was putting in the vegetables into the pot. "Sorry Min, spread your legs a bit, it's wet here" Kyuhyun took some serviette to wipe the floor. 

Ryeowook was getting more embarrassed because clearly he was interrupting them "Arrrrr, boss, hmmm, there is this article in social media uploaded by someone, about Kyuhyun. I think you better take a look. I will email to Twitter to remove that posting". 

"Huh, about me?" Kyuhyun was surprised, and look at Sungmin. "Min, probably it's related to your phone call just now" Kyuhyun added softly to Sungmin. 

"I suspect so" Sungmin was thinking and somehow he knew this must be Saeun's work. He stirred the soup and scooped a spoonful "Wook, hold on a minute. Kyu, try this" and he let Kyuhyun try the soup. "Is it ok?" 

"Hmmm, perfect!" Kyuhyun made some noise with his lips as the soup was hot. 

"Kyu, I need your hand for a while" Sungmin passed the scoop handle to Kyuhyun so that Kyuhyun could take over watching the boiling soup. He used a fork to poke on a piece of potato. 

"Min, it's still hard. I leave it inside for a while?" Kyuhyun showed Sungmin the piece of potato and Sungmin nodded. Kyuhyun put it back in the soup to let it boil a bit more. 

"Ohmygod!" Ryeowook said from the phone. He wished he didn't hear about that 'hard' part. 

"Huh what? Is there's another posting?" Kyuhyun asked with alarm. 

"No, nevermind!" Ryeowook sighed. The worst feeling is listening to two people in the middle of their lovemaking, who obviously trying to multitask talking to the phone with  him. Or so he thought. 

Sungmin walked towards the balcony to retrieve his phone, and checked his Twitter. And he saw it. It was a posting by @Shantokki32, talking about a barista who turned into a game programmer, yet hiding the fact that he was an ex-convict. Immediately he knew that it was Saeun who posted that. 

Taking deep breath, he said to Ryeowook "Wook, from the likes and dislikes, there are more likes and more favourable comments. Randomly, it seemed that more people are praising Kyuhyun and supporting him. I think we leave the post. It might turn the table more to our favour" and he showed the post to Kyuhyun. While Kyuhyun read the post and the comments, Sungmin checked his soup, and then off the fire. He walked back to Kyuhyun and put his arm around Kyuhyun's waist. 

"You are all sweaty!" Sungmin was chuckling and touching Kyuhyun's teeshirt. Kyuhyun easily sweat and standing in front of the fire make it worst. 

"Whose fault is it?" Kyuhyun teased Sungmin because he was asked to take over watching the boiling soup. "Min, you are right, there are more favourable comments and people are retweeting these comments" Kyuhyun said after observing the number of comments in the post. 

"Yeah" Sungmin agreed with him, and added "so Wook, let's leave the post. I'll check again later to see the response" and to Kyuhyun "You want to change first? I'll start to set the table" 

"Ok, I'll give you a hand later" and Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin's lips and walked to the bedroom. 

"Wook, I want you to email to Twitter to complain about @Shantokki32, but don't remove the post".

"Ok boss" and Ryeowook added "sorry if I disturb you two just now". 

"Nah, no worries. We can multitask" Sungmin said while scooping the soup to a bowl. "We call you later, Wook and thanks for informing me". 

"Ok bye boss. Send my regards to Kyuhyun" and the line went dead. 

Sungmin off Kyuhyun's phone and continued setting the table. He needed to plan a strategy to get back at Saeun. Maybe he will post an article about how Kyuhyun was wrongly detained, how he worked hard to be a better person by learning a skill, and how talented he is in game programming. 

"Yes, I will bring you down, Saeun, so that you know who you are messing with" Sungmin vowed.