Mysterious caller

Ex-convict


Kyuhyun tried to recall where did he heard the name "Kim Saeun" before. He had walked back to his station after the lady introduced herself and he had simply replied "Oh hi, I'm Cho. Do enjoy your drink".

"Wait a minute, is she the one...?" He vaguely recalled Sungmin's father mentioning her name during their dinner. And she was the one that Sungmin went to dinner with last time! "Ahh, so this is the girl that Sungmin's father is trying to arrange his marriage with" Kyuhyun talked to himself. "Hmmm, too bad lady, he's mine" and he chuckled to himself. 

He texted Sungmin "Guest what? Your lady friend is here. What's her name again? Kim Saeun?"

Sungmin immediately called him "What??? What is she doing there?"

"Tried to get to know me hahaha"

"Avoid her at all cost, Kyu"

"She's the one who introduced herself to me"

"You want me to call her and tell her to get lost?"

"No need, she's still a customer. If she make a move, I just have to flash my ring"

"Good!" 

"How are you? I hope my game launch didn't wear you off" 

"We want to make a blast during the launch, so there are a lot of things to take care of, but it's ok, I I like it" 

"Where are you? Have you reached home?" 

"Yes, at home now. Kyu, can we meet this Friday?" 

"Yes of course" 

"Ok then, see you Kyu"

"Goodnight my love" Kyuhyun put down his phone. He saw that Saeun has left, probably Yesung-hyung had collected her payment and nobody interested to entertain her. 

Kyuhyun felt bad that Sungmin went all out for his Luxor Galaxy's launch. Though he knew that the key to a successful launch strategy starts months before a game is even ready for release, and they are indeed ready to launch, but Kyuhyun knew that Sungmin didn't care to rest and didn't have sufficient sleep. 

Kyuhyun wished that he could help, but these were all business strategy  tactics that only Sungmin and his team would know how to manage. 

Sungmin was actually still typing away at his laptop. Earlier, he had explore whether it is a good idea to use Streaming during launch. He wanted to ask Kyuhyun whether it is doable to have steaming development sessions running concurrently, which is a good strategy that game developers can use during launch. 

He felt very stress because he needed to prove to his father that Kyuhyun was all worth it. Though his father had agreed to their relationship, but Sungmin thinks that it was purely because of who Kyuhyun is, and that Kyuhyun is humble and well mannered. 

On Friday, Sungmin came home early and was busy preparing dinner for the love of his life. By the time Kyuhyun came, he was sprawled on his sofa due to tiredness and Kyuhyun gently shook him awake. 

"Kyu? You are here? Ohhh... what time is it?" 

"It's 6pm.  You shouldn't cook if you are tired. We can always order food or eat out"

"I want to cook for you. But I guess after cooking I was shag and just want to take a nap" Sungmin stretched, and then found himself in Kyuhyun's arms. He surrendered  into his chest. 

"My poor boyfriend. You are doing so much just for me. I am forever grateful to you!!" Kyuhyun held Sungmin tightly, and then slowly letting him go. 

"No, don't let me go. Let me stay here for a while" Sungmin held him tighter. They stayed like that until Sungmin was ready to get up fully and trotted into his bathroom to take a shower. 

They had a wonderful dinner together and while drinking wine thereafter, Sungmin asked Kyuhyun what he thinks about allowing streaming during Luxor Galaxy launch. 

"Hmm, streaming is ok but some places might not have good internet reception, so they might experience slowness or server not responding. It can be frustrating and gamers might loose interest". 

"That's true, but if we indicate the minimum network strength for those who wants to stream, it should help right?" 

"It should. But Min, you need to seek SK Telecoms' consent as steaming might slow down the whole network. It can be disruptive to their service".

"Ok, I get Shindong to check on that. If we can get approvals from SK Telecoms, how do get the link to Luxor Galaxy?"

"I can create the link. Since we need to cater for multiple streamings, we might need at least 3 sites" Kyuhyun told him while weighing other options in his head.

"How much time do you need in order to create 3 links?"

"Let me see, at least 10 days?" Kyuhyun said with a straight face. 

"What?? That long??!!" 

Kyuhyun burst out laughing because Sungmin looked so devastated. When Sungmin realised that Kyuhyun was joking, he got up and playfully punch Kyuhyun. 

They ended up kissing and making out on the sofa. Realising that they might dirtied Sungmin's sofa, Kyuhyun scooped him up and carried him to the bedroom, still kissing him along the way. 

The whole of Saturday morning, Sungmin was busy informing Shindong to check with SK Telecoms on how to seek their approvals for live streaming. When Kyuhyun got up, Sungmin has already showered and put on teeshirt and jogger pants and doing his work. Sungmin waved at him when Kyuhyun appeared at the bedroom door, with tossled hair and wearing bathrobe.

"Kyu, you look y and you are tempting me" Sungmin said jokingly, making Kyuhyun laughed. Kyuhyun went back inside the bedroom to take a shower. 

After breakfast, both of them were doing work at the dining table. Kyuhyun listed down what needs to be done for the live streaming. 
- Introduction to live streaming.
- Create a live stream.
- Choose Ingestion Settings.
- Set up your live streaming encoder.
- Setup Live encoder settings, bitrates, and resolutions.
- Preview, start and stop Events.
- Live streaming latency.
- Live stream using iOS ReplayKit.

"Wow, I don't even understand any of those" Sungmin said, staring at the list. 

"Hahaha, it's ok Min. Once I've created a link, we can try streaming live to my Luxor site. Just to test if it works" 

"Alright. What would I do without you, Kyu" 

Kyuhyun leaned over and kissed Sungmin's cheek. Then he pickup his glasses and resumed typing, and became lost in his thoughts. Sungmin smile. He loved Kyuhyun with specs. He looked so studious and very young. 

"My six sense tells me that you are staring at me" Kyuhyun teased Sungmin. 

 "I love it when you wear your glasses. You look so studious and very handsome" 

"Without glasses, i'm not handsome?" 

"You are. And i love you in everything you do. Have you think about moving in with me?" 

"Hmmm not yet... because I am very grateful to Yesung-hyung. I'm comfortable there and it's convenient for me to lock the cafe at night and open it in the morning, so that he don't have to rush". 

"I understand Kyu. I am not forcing you and I am happy with how far we have gone now" Sungmin snuggled closer and automatically Kyuhyun wrapped him in his arm. 

"One day we will stay together so look forward to it!" 

"Yes I do" and Sungmin phone buzz, so he moved away slowly to answer his phone. 

"Hello, yes Lee Sungmin here. Sorry? Kyuhyun-ssi? Yes he is still under my company's contract..."

Kyuhyun stopped his typing and look questioningly at Sungmin. Sungmin shrugged his shoulders indicating he was unsure what the caller wants. 

Sungmin continued "Hmm yes, even if his contract is ending, I will offer him to continue with my company"

Sungnin looked at Kyuhyun and continued talking "Ahh yes he is a barista, and a good one at that. So, what is your point?" Sungmin was getting impatient "You want to buy him over? No, I don't put a price and he is not an item that you can bargain over" and by now Sungmin was getting angry. 

He continued with an impatient but polite voice, "Ok, I'm  not sure where did you get the info that I may not continue Kyuhyun's contract, but I am planning to, so you don't have to try to convince me" 

Sungmin was about to off his phone when the caller said "Even if he's an ex-convict? You still want to renew his contract!??.."