Hitting millions

Ex-convict

Apparently, Luxor reached 5 million downloads within 3 days!  It was an achievement that no other in-app application has achieved so far. It made the news all over the online search engines and web portals like Google, Yahoo, Chrome, Firefox, etc

Newsagents were busy trying to contact officials from LeeSM to find out who was the game creator. As Sungmin was away on business trip, Ryeowook has been trying to manage the calls. He informed these agents that they need to talk to his boss but he's away on business trip, so if they could leave him their names, contact numbers and from which newsagent, he would arrange a time for his boss to contact them back. The phone operator has to divert more calls to Shindong too because Ryeowook's line was constantly busy. Before long, Shindong's line got jammed too with endless calls. 

By day end, both of them were shacked. Never in their life they answered these amount of calls!! Shindong said maybe they should  dragged Kyuhyun here so that he could answer the queries himself, but Ryeowook reminded him since Kyuhyun was under their contract, their boss should be the spokeperson. In a way, Ryeowook was trying to protect his friend, Kyuhyun, so that he did not get cheated by these swamp of Newsagents.

Ryeowook texted Sungmin about these swam of calls, and that Luxor has hit 5 million downloads, and the number was fast increasing. Google Play and Apple App stores have started paying $$ into their company account from the profit of the download site. 

Sungmin texted back with a "Woohoo!!! We are right on track!!!" and then another text "I will call Kyuhyun tonight!" 

Ryeowook texted a reply "Ok". Hmmm well, that's just an excuse... Ryeowook mumbled to himself smiling. Lucky Kyuhyun!! Not just his game is successful, he got the boss too! 

"Wook, our Finance team said they will give us the financial status of the payments from Google Play and App Store later. They are still updating! Apparently, the payments keep coming in!" Shindong said excitedly. 

"That's great! I wonder if we will get a good bonus because of this successful game!!" Ryeowook said, feeling excited already. 

"You are not going to tell Kyuhyun yet?" 

"Boss said he will inform him personally tonight, after his conference. Do you think I should tell Kyuhyun first?" 

"I think you should. He's your friend you know. He should hear thid good news from you first" 

"I think you are right, Shindong. But maybe I tell him that boss will inform him officially too, so just pretend that he didn't know yet". 

"Ok, let's have dinner at Mouse Rabbit then? You can tell Kyuhyun the news!" 

"Let's go! Woohoo!" 

Once they reached Mouse Rabbit, Ryeowook high-5 Yesung and told him their orders. He went over to the barista station and signal Kyuhyun to come nearer. 

"Heyyy Wook! Ohh Shindong is here too!" Kyuhyun waved at Shindong who waved him back, smiling. 

"Congratulations! Your game reached 5 million downloads and keep increasing!! Daebak!!" Ryeowook told him excitedly. 

"Really? You are not kidding?" 

"Really I swear!" 

"Oh my God! Thank you Wook!!" 

"But Kyu, when my boss calls you tonight, just pretend that you haven't heard from me yet, ok. He said he wants to tell you personally, so my guess is he wants to be the 1st person to tell you the news" Wook whispered to him. 

"Ohh ok, I won't tell him. But really Wook, this is like a dream! I never expect Luxor can be this popular!!!" Kyuhyun said feeling excited already. 

"And the number is increasing!! All your hard work is paying off!! I'm so proud of you, Kyu!!" 

"It's all thanks to you, Wook. You are my true friend who always believe in me" Kyuhyun said with sincerity. 

"Heyyy, of course I believe in you!! Ok, then, make me hot cuppucino and Shindong wants double mocha frappe" 

"Okayyy coming up! I will send both drinks to your table" Kyuhyun said smiling. 

Wook walked back to his table. He was genuinely happy for his friend. He should go to church to say his thank you prayer! Kyuhyun has been in bad situations one after another. Got cheated by a friend, wrongly charged of shoplifting, got disowned by his family, got thrown to jail... Wook is just happy that Kyuhyun is in a better situation now. He has a job, he has a successful game in hand, and a rich boyfriend who cares for him. He just hope that Kyuhyun could slowly put his bad situations behind him and embrace the new future with confidence. As a friend, he will help Kyuhyun whichever he could! 

Kyuhyun brought over the drinks and joined them for dinner since there were not too many customers. Yesung joined them too. He brought over more sandwiches and pastries, and they had a wonderful time eating and talking about Luxor. 

Sungmin called Kyuhyun at night, and luckily Kyuhyun has done closing the cafe, had his shower and was reading some news. 

"Kyu!!! I want to tell you a really good news!!!!" 

"Heyyy Min! Ohh what is it? How's your conference? Have you had your dinner? Are you back in your room? " 

"Sorry I was just too excited to tell you. Conference was boring but informative, I had my dinner at the hotel's cafe, boring because I have to sit through my dad and his friend's endless talk, and now I'm in my room!! And I missed missed missed you!" 

"I missed you too Min. What was  that you want to tell me? " 

"Kyu, oh my God! Your game reached 5 million downloads and still increasing!! I am so happy!!!! Congratulations Kyu. I wish that I am in Seoul, I want to hug you!!!" 

"Really???!!" 

"Yes!!!!! I just check, it's 5.5 million already now!! Daebak!! 

" Woah!! I'm glad that it is not a flop!! "

"I know it will be successful, Kyu!!. I'm so happy for you!!! I think the trial plays a big part. It's very catchy and people would want to continue playing!" 

"Great!! At least I didn't disappoint you!! I actually started on Luxor 2, but just a draft heehee" 

"Kyu, a lot of Newsagents wanted to do an interview. I was thinking to do a news conference together with you, maybe the following weekend. Are you ok with that?" 

"I don't know what to do during the interview. Am I suppose to just answering questions?" 

"I ask Ryeowook to gather some feedback from these Newsagents on what they wanted to know, so maybe we can discuss further on that" 

"Okayyy. By the way Min, since we'll be visiting your late grandma's grave at Jeonju, I did a  search on hotels around there, there is this beautiful Jeonju Hanok Village Guesthouse. Not so expensive and we can still make reservations. And guess what? Yesung-hyung gave me another off day because I cover Henry for one of the Saturdays". 

"That's great. I will text you my credit card, I think they need a credit card to secure the booking. You proceed to book for 2 nights?" 

"You are ok if we stayed for 2 nights? You will only have 1/2 of Sunday to rest. And we share the cost ok, I won't let you pay for everything" 

"Kyu, I will rather spend my time with you than to have a full day but lonely Sunday. We will drive on Friday morning, the earlier the better, so that we will have time to visit the grave, then check-in at 2pm. We can rest then go sightseeing in that hanok village".

"Yup, I want to see that hanok village. I read that it was several times bigger than our very own Buckchon. Ok Min, you need to sleep. I see you on Friday morning? 7am?"

"Yup, 7am is good. I call you again tomorrow ok. I'll text you my credit card details after this. Goodnight Kyu, Love you" 

"Rest well. Love you" and Kyuhyun disconnected the line. If he didn't, they would miss each other again and difficult to end their call. Sungmin needed to sleep for another day of conference. Kyuhyun wanted Sungmin to have enough rest. 

Sungmin texted him his credit card details and Kyuhyun proceed to make reservations at Jeonju Hanoi Village Guesthouse. It has free WiFi, free parking spaces for guests and free breakfast. Not bad. While selecting for room preference, he giggled as the app prompted him a honeymoon suite. He quickly amended to 2 single beds but pause for a minute because the 1 kingsize bed looked so tempting. What if Sungmin wanted them to sleep together and if he selected 2 single beds, Sungmin might not like it. Of course they can always change it during check-in. He became undecided. What if Sungmin was not ready to go to the next phase of sleeping together? Is he himself ready? 

After the app threatened to log him out twice, he decided to select the 1 kingsize bed with room with a view, and clicked 'book'. The app seemed happy and it immediately prompted 'reservation successful'! He was then brought to the secure reservation page where he has to input Sungmin's credit card details. Luckily there wasn't a one-time-password requirement because this was just to secure the booking, else he would be screwed as he needed the OTP from Sungmin, who probably has gone to sleep. 

That's done, and since he has added his own email address, he got the email confirmation that room has been reserved, under Mr Lee Sungmin. 

He tried to continue programming Luxor 2, but his mind turned back to 'sleeping together'. Was he ready himself? Were they really serious about their relationship? He knew that he loved Sungmin and Sungmin loved and crazy about him, yet he was scared. Scared that Sungmin might have to leave him if his father wanted him to marry that girl. Kyuhyun himself was definitely serious about their relationship because once he started something, he would not change his mind. But he scared to hope that Sungmin would stay the same and fight for their relationship. 

How could he dare to put any hope if he is a nobody? He would love to be with Sungmin till the day he die, but he felt that it wouldn't be fair to Sungmin. Sungmin is a successful person and his family would definitely want him to bear them grandchildren. 

Well, he loves Sungmin and he will fight for him! That much he know and he will do just that.