Family matters

Ex-convict

Kyuhyun couldn't believe his eyes. Was it all fated, arranged by the almighty God? He has the intention of looking for his family, and now, his brother-in-law would be the architect of the new extension and would be working with him and Yesung-hyung!!

"Hyung! How are you?" his brother-in-law and Kyuhyun were hugging and both were crying with joy!!

Yesung and the contractor looked at each other. "You two know each other?" Yesung decided to ask.

Kyuhyun gestured for his brother-in-law to sit and wiping his tears, he said "Yesung-hyung, this is my elder sister's husband. Remember I mentioned that I lost contact with my family?" and when Yesung nodded, he continued while looking at his brother-in-law "My phone was confiscated in the detention centre, and by the time I got out, the line has been terminated. Yesung-hyung here bought me a new phone and signed up a new number for me. I called home number, but the message was the number was no longer in use, so I lost contact with all of you".

"Ohh, that's because abunim got a transfer to Daejeon and he sold the house here. But I recalled he did left a message in the detention centre about our new address" Kyuhyun's brother-in-law told him.

"Well, I didn't receive the message, so I was sad when I went back to our house, the house was already sold. I couldn't remember noona or your number, so all these while I couldn't contact any of you".

"I'm so sorry Kyuhyun, your noona gave birth so I couldn't travel back to Seoul to look for you last year. Ommonim is not feeling well too, so abunim also couldn't travel here. Only this round my office asked me to handle this job, so here I am".

"Omma is not well? I want to see her..." Kyuhyun said sadly, then added "Hyung, we discuss again after this?" and when his brother-in-law nodded, he turned to the other two gentlemen "Sorry Yesung-hyung and Mr Park, let's start our discussion about the renovation" Kyuhyun apologised and opened up his laptop.

He showed them what he and Yesung-hyung have in mind and also showed them the original layout plan of the shop next door that they had acquired. Kyuhyun's brother-in-law was very impressed with Kyuhyun's design and based on the shop's original layout, he do a quick sketch to incorporate Kyuhyun's design so that they have an overview. He didcsone minor changes, and discussed it with the contractor, and they showed to Kyuhyun and Yesung their proposal. 

The discussion was very fruitful and they came to an agreement on what can be done and what can be improved. As Mr Park, the contractor, needs to knock down the separating wall in-between the two shops, he informed them that he had to submit a request to seek approval from Seoul's building authority because the tearing down of the wall would need to comply to some regulations, as it might impact the whole structure of the shops in the same building. This means that they need to push back 2 weeks before they could  commence any work, until they got the clearance from the authority. Both Kyuhyun and Yesung understood and gave their okay to Mr Park.

They talked about other things as well, especially on the concept of the new extention, and the game section, and both Mr Park and Kyuhyun's brother-in-law just got to know that Kyuhyun is actually Gamegyu!!

"Ohmygod, you mean all along, the game that Ahra and me are playing, is your game? And we are so dumb not to know it!!" Kyuhyun's brother-in-law said in amazement. Had he known, he would have look for Kyuhyun sooner.

"Ahhh hyung, how could you know right? Only if you are a gamer, and you follow the gamers portal and news, you might know who I am" Kyuhyun smile honestly.

"Yes, that's because Kyu only chose to reveal himself just before the press conference. And thank God, most people applauded him and put their trust in him" Yesung patted Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Mr Park was puzzled why Yesung mentioned that the gamers put their trust in Kyuhyun.

"Actually Mr Park, I was in a Detention Centre for two years, for a crime I did not commit. Only recently, the court cleared my name and I am so happy to be able to come this far. Thanks to Yesung-hyung here, my friend Ryeowook, and Mr Lee Sungmin, I have a successful carreer and did well so far"

"Wow, you are really someone with a commendable success story indeed! Congratulations!! I'm so honoured to be able to work with you for this project" Mr Park gestured to shook Kyuhyun's hand and his administration and respect doubled as Kyuhyun was such a humble person.

"Kyu, let's take a photo together so that I can send to Ahra and our parents" Kyuhyun's brother-in-law told him, which of course Kyuhyun obliged. After they took several fotos together, Kyuhyun ushered him to snap some photos with Yesung-hyung, himself posing at the barista station, and his room upstairs. His brother-in-law promised to keep in touch with him soon. 

It was late at night when Kyuhyun reached Sungmin's apartment. He told Sungmin what happened and both of them were so happy that Kyuhyun's desire to search for his family is becoming a reality. 

A few says later, Kyuhyun’s brother-in-law arranged for Kyuhyun to go back with him to Daejeon to meet his family. He was feeling happy, yet apprehensive, because he was scared that his family was ashame of him for being in the detention centre. Eventhough he has cleared his name, but an ex-convict would be an ex-convict forever. 

As Kyuhyun was quiet throughout the journey, his brother-in-law said "Kyu, don't worry, I've explained everything to them, and they couldn't wait to meet you. They wanted to come over to Seoul, but ommonim wasn't in good health, so I told them that I will bring you there instead".

"Will they accept me, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

"Of course! And they are so proud of you for what you have done, and they were the one who were feeling ashame because they were not there for you when you needed them most" his brother-in-law told him sadly. 

"I don't blame them hyung, and I have forgiven them long time ago. I'm sad that Omma is not feeling well so I hope I will make her happy and be in good health". 

His brother-in-law gave him a thumbs up. They had reached Daejeon and now they were driving along rows of houses along a river. It was a beautiful surroundings and Kyuhyun's brother-in-law told him that their parent's house was just next block. 

Kyuhyun became nervous but at the same time couldn't wait to see his family. He had bought them gifts, which both Sungmin and Ryeowook had accompanied him to buy, and brought along invitation tickets for his Luxor Galaxy official  game launch. 

He had wanted Sungmin to come along too, to meet his family, but Sungmin told him that can wait, and he should go ahead first to meet his, family. Sungmin had given his blessings, and even gave him all those tickets. 

As his brother-in-law turned into a driveway to a nice and homely house, Kyuhyun's heartbeats doubled. He made sure he looked neat and he double-check the side mirror if his hair is tidy. 

"You look great, don't worry too much" his brother-in-law chuckled. He gestured Kyuhyun to come out from the car and helped to carry whatever Kyuhyun brought along. Yesung-hyung had given him a few days off, so he could stay here to rekindled back with his family. 

As he stepped onto the porch, he was shaking. Suddenly the front door opened, and Ahra was there. Smiling happily with tears on her eyes, she hugged her little brother. 

"Noona, how have you been? I heard you have a twins! Congratulations!!" Kyuhyun smile in between his tears. 

"Yes! I introduced them to you later, come in. You lost so much weight, Kyu baby. Come, come in" Ahra pulled his hand and smile thankfully at her husband. 

Kyuhyun stepped into the house, and there he saw it. His beloved mum, in a wheelchair, with tears in her eyes. His father was standing next to her. 

Seeing how frail his mother was, Kyuhyun sobbed and ran to her. He dropped himself in front of her and hugged her and cried, and both mother and son were crying non-stopped. 

"Kyu, I missed you so much. I'm so sorry we couldn't be there for you. I'm so sorry son" Mrs Cho cried and cried. 

"Omma, don't say that. I'm so sorry to let you down and brought shame into this family. But I'm innocent, Omma, I really am" Kyuhyun sobbed and the rest of the family cried too. 

"Son, get up. We know the whole story now, and please forgive us for everything. We really love you" Mr Cho helped Kyuhyun to get up, and hugged him. 

Both Ahra and her husband came forward to hug Kyuhyun too and only a few minutes later they all sobered down and let Kyuhyun sat next to their mum. 

But then Ahra started punching him "and why didn't you tell us that you are Gamegyu? I kept losing the game you know! Had I know the creator is my own brother, I would had won because I will force you to teach me!!" 

And everybody laughed and Kyuhyun playfully punched her back and demanded to see his nephews. Mrs Cho wiped her tears seeing both her children were back like old times....