Taking care of his heart

Ex-convict

True to what he promised, Suho dropped by Mouse Rabbit cafe on one evening during one the weekdays. He was looking around and then saw Kyuhyun at the barista station, busy with his coffee. He walked up and sat at the high stool.

Kyuhyun looked up, ready to ask what would the customer like to order. He immediately smile when he recognised Suho. "Heyyy, Suho-ssi!! How are you?!!!"

"Hello Kyuhyun-ssi!!! I'm fine! Just knocked off from work"

"What would you like to have?"

"Hmmm, hot latte but with decaff milk?"

"Alright, give me a minute, I'll send this cuppacino first"

When his latte was ready, he gave it a try while looking at Kyuhyun. Then he raised his eyebrows and gave a thumb up to Kyuhyun. "Wow, it's good, in fact so much better than Starbucks!!" and both of them laughed.

They talked for a while on the gaming world and got to know that they both like Starcraft. They exchanged IDs and Kyuhyun promised to join him in a game when he is free. Suho said that they should invite Minho to play too, and sent a message to him. And in the end, they decided to create a WhatsApp group among the 3 of them so that it would be easier to communicate. 

They were surprised that Minho also has a Starcraft ID, so they decided to play together on the coming Friday night. Kyuhyun was happy that he could start playing Starcraft again which he literally abandon since he got no time to play. 

When Sungmin walked in to the cafe, Suho was surprised that Mr Lee liked Kyuhyun's coffee too. Sungmin told him that he loved it and he couldn't live without it! They laughed again as Kyuhyun automatically made Sungmin's latte for him. 

"Kyuhyun-hyung, Minho asked me to take a selfie with you and to take a photo while you make drink" Suho told Kyuhyun. They have decided to drop the formalities since they would be working together for the beta testing. And Kyuhyun asked them to call him hyung as he was a few years older than them. 

"You can take a photo of me now, then we take the two of us, then myself and Mr Lee" Kyuhyun said, purposely included Sungmin into the conversation. 

"Why me, you two go ahead. I'm happy with my latte here" Sungmin chuckled and gestured them to go ahead. He tried not to feel left out whenever Kyuhyun was with these gamers. 

"No, I want to tell Minho that I have a loyal customer, which is you! He at means my latte is very good! Heehee" Kyuhyun said jokingly. 

"Hyung, your latte is super good, see, this is my 2nd cup!!" Suho showed his thumb up again. He got Kyuhyun to take his photo drinking his 2nd cup with his thumb up sign, then Sungmin took for both of them, and Suho took for Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Suho also took several photos of Kyuhyun in action. He sent all photos in their group chat. 

Minho replied back "Wow, I feel like driving there now!!! That's not fair, I didn't get to try!!!" 

After several replies between them, Minho said he has customer so he wrote "talk to you all later". 

"Hyung, I make my move first. Will drop by again sometime!!" Suho said and passed his card to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun gave him a discount and added this into the café notebook. This was Yesung's requirement that whenever each of the staff gave customers some discounts, they were supposed to noted down into the café's notebook so that Yesung would know and adjusted their café expenditure accordingly. 

"Thank you, Suho. I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays, so you can drop by any day except these 2 days" Kyuhyun smiled at him. 

"Alright, bye hyung, and Mr Lee" Suho waved and bowed, and walked out. 

"Min, I wanted to discuss something with you" Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin.

"Business or pleasure? By the way, I missed you" Sungmin said, smiling at him. They haven't meet for a few days and he was telling the truth, he really missed Kyuhyun. 

"Me too" Kyuhyun smiled back. "It's business. I want to do a survey on what kind of scenes gamers want in Luxor Galaxy. I have my own ideas, but I think I need to incorporate players ideas so that it can be more acceptable to players" 

"Hmmm, that's a good idea, but what if too many players give too many views? How will you choose which ones is more suitable for Luxor Galaxy?" 

"I will cater the answers to within the original concept".

"I see, so the survey comes with selection of answers. Do you want using bars and percentage to gauge the response?" 

"Can we do that?"

"Yeah we can. I can get Shindong to work on it, you just need to give him the questions and the multiple answers. Once ready, he can show it to you first" 

"I can go to your office to sit with him, it's alright with me" 

"Ahhh great! How about this Friday? Then sleep over at my appartment"

"Sleep over?" 

"Yeah, you come over after that, I cook dinner, we can catch a movie on TV, and then you sleep over" 

Kyuhyun remembered that he was supposed to play Starcraft with Minho and Suho this coming Friday. Awww shuck, now he was really stucked in-between. To tell Sungmin that he would be playing an online game with Minho would be disastrous. To turned down  Sungmin's invitation would be World War IV. 

Sungmin was surprised that Kyuhyun didn't answer him. He raised his eyebrows "What's wrong? If you need time to finish the survey or the programming for Luxor Galaxy, you can do it at my place".

Kyuhyun really didn't know how to lie, especially to the one that he loved. "Actually, I told Suho and Minho that we can play an online game this coming Friday night" and seeing a change in Sungmin's face, he quickly added "but don't worry, I can reschedule it, we can always play another night". 

"I see. Ok then, you all go ahead, you don't have to reschedule it. Don't mind me"

"Min..."

"I'm ok, really. I will inform Shindong about the survey and ask him to get in touch with you. See you on Friday in the office" Sungmin got up and waved at him. 

"Sungmin.... wait..." Kyuhyun went out of his station to run after him. There were nobody left in the  cafe as it was closing time, and Yesung-hyung has left. 

Kyuhyun caught up with Sungmin and hold his arm "I'm sorry I didn't know you have plans. It was stupid of me to agree with them to play on Friday, knowing that it was my off day and I should be spending time with you. I'm really sorry ok. I will go over to your house after my session with Shindong". 

"I said it's ok. You have every rights to arrange your own schedule on your off days and you don't have to spend it with me everytime. It was last minute anyway. I just thought that we have not been spending time together lately, so I really missed you" 

"Min, I missed you too. So I will reschedule the game and we spend time together at your place" 

"No, you go ahead. We can spend some time together another weekend" and Sungmin walked out from the cafe. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath. He knew Sungmin was upset because he didn't put Sungmin first in his schedule. Why was he so stupid? They have not been intimate since the competition and to tell the truth, he really missed Sungmin. 

He ran out of the cafe and again, caught up with Sungmin before he got into his car. He grabbed Sungmin's hand and pulled him back to the cafe. Once inside, he off the lights, and hugged him. 

Sungmin hugged him back. "I'm sorry Kyu. I always thought I will always get what I want, but I must learn, in a relationship, I need to be considerate to you too. I cannot always think for myself. I need to give you some space as well. It's just that, I really missed you and I just want to spend quality time with you"

"I know, I really missed you too. I'm sorry I should put you first and not other people. Please forgive me, Min. Let's go with the plan to spend time together this Friday"

"Kyu, I don't want to monopolise you and really, it is ok for you to spend time with them". 

"No, I want to spend time with you. Please? Don't worry about them, I will reschedule the game to another night". 

"Tell you what, you come over to my apartment, and play the online game there while I cook. You can pause the game, or the two of them continue first while we eat, and you join in again after our dinner. I can learn how to play also" Sungmin gave him a wide smile, which he could even see it in the dark. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath. That sound like a good solution. Just that he need to make sure he play less and paid his attention more on Sungmin. But nevertheless, it was the best solution for now. 

"Alright" and he kissed Sungmin in the dark before he let him go. Sungmin reached up to gave him a goodbye peck, said his goodnights, and left. 

Kyuhyun watched Sungmin's car leaving and waved from the door. What a night! He need to learn too, that in a relationship, always spare a thought to the one you love, and need to take care of his heart. He nearly ruin it and made Sungmin upset. He need to treasure Sungmin and made a promise to himself that always put Sungmin's first in whatever he do.