Starcraft

Ex-convict

Sungmin put the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Then he drained them. Meanwhile, he heated oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and added bacon. He then whisked the eggs, egg yolks, cream and parmesan in a jug and seasoned with pepper. Lastly, he added the bacon and egg mixture to the pasta.

The smell of the carbonara was tantalising and making Kyuhyun hungry. He was already in the midst of playing Starcraft with Minho and Suho and the delicious smell was making his stomach growling.

They had left LeeSM office together after Kyuhyun had finished discussing with Shindong on the survey that they would be putting up the following week. As he would be staying for the night, he brought along some clothes and his toiletries, and had informed Yesung that we would be staying for the night at Sungmin's apartment.

"Dinner's ready!!" Sungmin called up to Kyuhyun, smiling sweetly as he approached Kyuhyun who was seated at the sofa facing the TV.

"Hold on a minute, I finished this part and then I will let them know I will be taking a break" Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin and smile.

Sungmin sat on Kyuhyun's lap and rested his back against Kyuhyun's chest "Wow, the game looks interesting. Suho-ssi and Minho-ssi are both online?"

"Yup. And Minho is very competitive! He is catching up with me!!"

"Hmm, as long as he didn't win you, it should be fine" 

Kyuhyun sensed the double meaning. He wrapped his left arm around Sungmin's waist while holding the game remote with his right hand. He hold Sungmin tighter and kissed his right cheek. "You are still jealous of Minho" Kyuhyun said softly. 

"No comment" 

"Don't be. I'm all yours" 

"I hope so" 

"Let's eat. I will pause my game" he WhatsApp to the other two that he was taking a break. Then Minho said that he has a customer, so he paused too. Suho mentioned that he would pause to take a shower. 

Kyuhyun scooped and carried Sungmin bridal style to his kitchen.  After he put Sungmin down, he kissed him and caress his face. "It's you that I love. So don't doubt it". 

"Ok" Sungmin smiled. 

The carbonara was delicious and while eating, Sungmin asked Kyuhyun about the discussion with Shindong regarding the survey. 

"I told Shindong-ssi about your suggestion to use bars and percentage to gauge the response, and he was agreeable. I gave him the questions and the selection of answers, and he will design them with the bars and auto-calculated the percentage "

"Ok that's good" 

"And I added that the last question I want it to be free format for gamers to add their comments or give other feedback"

"Oh, can he do that? I mean the last question to be in different format?" 

"He said he can unfollow the previous format and set the last question using it's own format. Something like untag it to the master format". 

"Great! I know Shindong is the right person for these kind of things!" 

"You mean you team never did surveys before?" 

"No, we didn't have any so far. But I've seen online surveys with bars and percentage before, and I know we should have the software, that's why I think Shindong should be able to do. And to tell you the truth, my staff are happier with you around coz they got to do new things!" Sungmin laughed. 

" Really? Well, I'm glad" Kyuhyun laughed too, and added "and he mentioned that the app will auto collate all the results and he will send the final status to you and me". 

"What will you do with it then?" 

"I will analyse the results, and will incorporate them into Luxor G journey from stage 10 onwards. That's where I prefer to program it based on players' views. But of course I have my design already, it's just that I will amend the design to suits the players". 

"Wow, you are really brilliant, Kyu. I admire your talent" Sungmin praised him honestly. He was indeed impressed by Kyuhyun's talent and he wanted the public to recognise his work and never judge his background. He noticed the empty plate "I get you some more carbonara" and reached out to take Kyuhyun's plate. 

"I do it, I do it" Kyuhyun stood up and took Sungmin's plate too. 

"Min, the carbonara is very delicious and not too cheesy. I think this is the best carbonara I've ever tried!" Kyuhyun told him truthfully. 

"Thanks, but are you saying it because I cook it?" 

"No, really, it's really good!!" 

"Thank you. I don't know why, I'm always happy to cook for you. And when I'm happy, it always turn out nice. There was a few times I was fed up with my dad, and I was hungry, I have to throw the whole fried rice because it tasted horrible, even though I got all the ingredients correctly!"

"Hmmm, I wonder why too? Does it got to do with love?" Kyuhyun and laughed. 

"That's a good deduction!! I must google it to confirm it!" Sungmin laughed along with Kyuhyun. 

"Do you feel happy to cook for me?" 

"Yes, everytime" 

"So, when you cook on days that you are angry with someone, just think of me, then you will feel happier" Kyuhyun smile and raised his eyebrowse at him. 

Sungmin playfully punched him "I can try, and I will tell you the verdict!" Sungmin laughed. 

They had wine after dinner. Sungmin took out Pinot Grigio, or commonly known as Pinot Bianco - a crisp, clean, immensely food-friendly white wine. Kyuhyun said it was a good choice as he read somewhere that it paired well with carbonara. The one Sungmin had was a gift from one of his client, and it was from the Alto Adige region in northern Italy.

Kyuhyun read his messages and told Sungmin that the two guys had decided to call it a day as they wanted to watch soccer. They then agreed to resume the game the next night. Kyuhyun logged off and shut down his laptop. 

"I love this, just the two of us, relaxing, and enjoying wine" Sungmin smile at him, and he asked something that he has been wanting to ask "Kyu... " 

"Hmmm?" 

"Why did you look so sad when you saw me with Saeun?" 

Kyuhyun looked at his wine. He didn't know how to answer. "I... there was this overwhelming feeling of sadness which came over me, I don't really understand it myself, but I felt like I would lose you anytime to Saeun-ssi. You two seemed more compatible and she is also pretty. This question kept coming up in my mind 'who am I compared to her' and I couldn't get out of that sadness. I felt so suffocated that I wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible". 

"Yes, she is pretty, but that's it. She only like me because of money and my status. She is expensive to maintain and I have no feelings for her" 

"I know that" 

"So shake that sad feelings out of you when you happen to see me with her next time, which will not happen if I can avoid it" Sungmin said and move closer to Kyuhyun. "Don't worry about how my dad will take the news that I love another man. To tame him,  is money. That's why once you are successful, I will introduce you as my future life partner. But don't get me wrong. It wasn't because I look down on you now. It's just the way to get his approval". 

"I just hope that he can accept us..." 

Kyuhyun phone rang. He was surprised that the caller was Minho. He looked at Sungmin and answered his call "Heyyy Minho! I thought we will continue tomorrow?" 

"Heyyy Kyuhyun-hyung. Sorry to disturb you. I just want to say your orders are here" 

"Oh yes, 10 more coconut husk bowl. Yes yes, my boss wanted them" 

"Yes, so I'm driving my van to Seoul this Sunday, I can drop by the cafe that you work at to deliver the bowls" 

"Really? You are driving all the way here to deliver the bowls? You can just courier them, my boss can pay for the courier" 

"But I want to visit you at work. We can call Suho too!" 

"Ahh, I see. Ok then"

"Can you text me the café's address? I should probably reached there at 1pm"

"Sure, I will text you the address. See you on Sunday!!!" 

Kyuhyun cut off the line and then texted Minho the address. 

"Minho-ssi is driving here just to see you?" 

"Min, why did you put it that way? Yesung-hyung ordered another 10 bowls, so Minho will be delivering them himself"

"He can always send by courier"

"He wanted to see where I work"

"Tsk..." 

"You can come over too" 

"Of course I will. I wouldn't want my man to be snatch at" Sungmin showed his angry face. 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and laughed. He was beginning to love the jealous side of Sungmin. He was super cute when he got jealous. 

"What's so funny?" 

"You are cute when you are jealous" Kyuhyun laughed and scoop him up and carried him to the bedroom. 

Kyuhyun tickled him until he laughed and they kissed and made love. After shower, Kyuhyun showed Sungmin how to play Starcraft and created a login id for him. The first game was the happiest for Sungmin because he won, and Kyuhyun smile happily, because he purposely let Sungmin won so that he could see that beautiful smiling face again.