Clearing his name

Ex-convict

Boss!!!!"

Sungmin looked up from his phone and a smiley Ryeowook was walking towards his table. "Heyy Wook!" Sungmin smile and waved at him. 

Kyuhyun heard Ryeowook's voice and turned and looked at their direction, and he saw Sungmin.  He waved at Sungmin and Ryeowook, and was telling something to the journalists, and got up to come over to Sungmin's table. 

"Mr Lee, Wook, if you can spare me 5 minutes, let me introduce you to the two Game magazine journalists" Kyuhyun politely pointed to the journalist.

Sungmin was surprised when Kyuhyun called him "Mr Lee" but knew that Kyuhyun must have informed the journalist who he was. Ryeowook looked over and gestured Sungmin to go first.

Kyuhyun started the introduction  "Guys, this is Mr Lee, my game distributor and the one who mastermind my success, and this is his staff and also my friend, Ryeowook, who help to arrange for all the promotion tactics and in fact he helps me with everything" Kyuhyun smile gesturing his thankful to the two of them.

Sungmin and Ryeowook got to know that Mr Park Seojoon and Mr  Kim Woo Bin were from MyGame magazine with a successful mobile magazine version called WebZen. Webzen  is a leader in 3D MMORPGs, with impressive releases such as MU Online, Archlord and Soul Ultimate Nation which provided free-to-play games. Mr Park and Mr Kim are joint-partners and they would like to publish interview with 'gamegyu' in the coming month's edition.

They talked for a while before the two journalist wrapped up the session and prepared to leave. Sungmin thanked them on behalf of Kyuhyun and promised to download their mobile version app and also will buy their next hardcopy edition. Mr Park said he would send 5 copies for free as complimentary!!

"Wow Kyu, you'll be featured in WebZen!!! They have a wide network of mobile gamers and this will help to boost your game!! Daebak!!" Ryeowook patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. 

"Yes, congrats, Kyu!! This is a good development for us and for sure Luxor Galaxy will have bigger network of players".

"Sorry Min, I should have asked you first whether I can be interviewed by them. I'm still under your company's contract" Kyuhyun apologised. 

"Nonsense Kyu, they interviewed you, not for the game itself, because they know that the game belongs to our company. Don't worry about it, and you didn't break any contract" Sungmin smile at him. 

"Good then. Anyway, when did you arrived? I didn't see you coming" Kyuhyun's attention was all towards Sungmin. 

"Heyyy, you didn't even ask me when did I arrived!! Tsk tsk" Ryeowook was shaking his head, more to tease Kyuhyun rather than being annoyed. 

"Go away, Wook" Kyuhyun shooed his friend off. Ryeowook showed his tongue at Kyuhyun and stomped off to find Yesung. "Min, give me 5 minutes to inform Yesung-hyung something, then I bring you upstairs for a while. Jongjin will cover me at the baristar". 

Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun just want to be alone with him for a while, so he nodded and smile, and sat down to finish his latte. When Kyuhyun came back to his table, he brought along his tablet and phone, and gestured Sungmin to follow him to his room upstairs. 

Once Kyuhyun closed his door and put down his gadgets, he pulled Sungmin into a hug and Sungmin happily wrapped his hands around Kyuhyun. How he missed Kyuhyun. 

"I missed you!!" Kyuhyun said honestly and he knew that Sungmin missed him too. 

"I missed you a lot Kyu!!" and Sungmin initiated a kiss and they were kissing and smooching and hugging and just felt happy to be able to be with each other. 

There was a knock at Kyuhyun's door and with "Ahemmm, Kyu and boss, if you two have finished whatever you were doing, Yesung-hyung called you two downstairs to try his latest brownie, hot from the oven!" Ryeowook called out. 

Sungmin chuckled and said "Thanks, Wook, we'll be there shortly" and smile at Kyuhyun as he was rolling his eyes. 

"Wook just do it on purpose!" Kyuhyun made a face at the door before opening it up. 

Laughing, Sungmin said "We were up here for quite sometime, maybe Yesung got worried". 

They could smell the brownie as they stepped towards the pantry area and Kyuhyun playfully  punched Ryeowook as he past him. Laughing, Ryeowook took 2 plates and passed to Yesung for him to scooped two pieces each for Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

"Mmmm, this is good hyung, is this a new recipe? Are you putting this out?" Kyuhyun was praising Yesung's brownie.

"Yup, it's a new recipe which Wook helped me to research and fine tune it. It's good, right? And I think it will be great to eat together with your latte, Kyu!"

"What will you do without me..." Ryeowook put his head on Yesung's shoulder and Kyuhyun spat him off Yesung's shoulder much to everybody's laughter.

"Yesung-ssi, you should do a promo, maybe for breakfast or something, like 'For a limited time only, 5,000 Won for Latte and brownie'. I mean sell it as a package"  Sungmin suggested.

"Wow, Sungmin-ssi, that is a brilliant idea!!" Yesung nodded and praised him.

"Sungmin, that's great! It can bring in more customers!!!" Kyuhyun also praised him.

"Boss it's a great idea, but that means they'll be busy the whole morning and Kyuhyun won't have time to make coffees for us" Ryeowook said because off and on, he would drop by Mouse Rabbit to bring over Sungmin's order plus the rest too.

"It's ok, just for a limited period only" Sungmin laughed.

"Ok let's try it! Kyu, you ok with this?" Yesung raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun.

"Of course, hyung. Let's try it!" he high-five at Yesung.

In fact, the breakfast promo exceeded expectation!! It was so highly successful that, whether dine in or takeaway, there was always a long queue of customers patiently waiting in line and Jongiin even started an Instagram story everyday trending #getyourbrownielatte in their MouseRabbit profile page and uploaded pictures, with thousands of views and likes and receiving hearts! 

A week later, Sungmin called Kyuhyun up while driving. He was on his way to his client's office but he need to talk to Kyuhyun urgently. "Common... pickup your phone, Kyu" 

"Heyy Min..." Kyuhyun answered in a noisy background. Sungmin could hear the coffee machine's steam sound, the pouring of milk, the ice blender sound and the  closing of mini fridge sound. He knew Kyuhyun must be extremely busy but he need to tell him something urgently. 

"Sorry Kyu, I know you are busy now, but I need to tell you something" 

"Go ahead, I can talk..." Kyuhyun must be putting his phone in-between his neck and shoulder, because Sungmin could hear that his boyfriend were moving around. 

"Kyu, I got a call from the court, that your case will be re-opened and the hearing is next Thursday. Can you let Yesung-ssi know that you need to attend the court on that day?" 

"Oh really? So the court is ok to re-open it?" 

"Yup! Isn't great?" Sungmin laughed, and took a deep breath. "Finally, your name will be cleared, Kyu!" 

"I hope so!" 

"It will! We have provided all the evidence. I will fight till the end to get your name cleared!" 

"Thank you, Min. I really don't know how to thank you enough. I love you" the last part he whispered it softly. 

Sungmin smiled and touched his heart. "I love you too. Don't forget the hearing is next Thursday ok". 

"Thanks Min. Drive carefully" 

"Okay bye Kyu, see you on Friday". 

"See you, Min". And Kyuhyun off the call. He took a deep breath and continued to fulfil the long list of orders. 

It was a mixed feelings for him. He is so used to be branded as an ex-convict, and to have his name cleared is almost something new. He must properly thank Sungmin and senior Mr Lee for pursuing to clear his name. 

"Or, is Sungmin and his father ashamed that I am an ex-convict? That's why they really want to pursue this?" Kyuhyun was thinking out loud. 

"They are ashamed of me..."..