Game launch!

Ex-convict


The mock ups for Galaxy Luxor were ready, and Kyuhyun was satisfied with it. All preparations has been finalised and they were all anxious about the game launch, which was this coming Saturday. The cafe extention would be officially open before the game launch and then it would be the launch ceremony. 

And there will be a special feature! Ryeowook suggested it and practically forced Yesung and Kyuhyun to be part of it! And they kept it a secret which annoyed both Sungmin and Jongjin, because they didn't want to tell them what was it about. The only thing they knew was that these 3 musketeers requested for a 15 minutes timeframe for themselves to do something on the makeshift stage. 

Sungmin even threatened to dismissed Ryeowook, but Ryeowook was adamant not to reveal the secret. Giving Kyuhyun his puppy eyes didn't work too for Sungmin, coz Kyuhyun said that he has sworn not to reveal it. It's a surprise item, so Sungmin just have to wait for it! 

Sungmin became more annoyed yet nervous. He became so restless. Kyuhyun's family was coming on Friday and Kyuhyun would bring them over to Mouse Rabbit Cafe to introduce them to Yesung and his staff, after ensuring that they have checked in to a hotel nearby. Both Sungmin and Ryeowook promised to drop by after their work and Sungmin managed to get Ryeowook to come with him together because he was too nervous to meet up with Kyuhyun's family.

"Boss, Kyu's family are very nice people, it was only during that time when he was wrongly accused and labelled as a convict, it saddened them and they felt disappointed that Kyuhyun turned out to be that way. But they had since realised that they were wrong and that they didn't investigated the matter. They went back to the detention centre but at that time, he has been released that they didn't know where to find him. That was when his mother got sick worrying about him" Ryeowook told Sungmin in the car on the way to Mouse Rabbit. 

"I know Wook, but I'm still nervous.  If they couldn't accept me and I have a mental breakdown, could you take over the game launch?" Sungmin said biting his lips. Then he added, "And if I couldn't be at the launch due to mental breakdown, you will need to tell me what is that surprise item..." 

"Nice try, boss" Ryeowook face-palmed and laughed, and then added "And you will definitely be there, don't be silly!" and Sungmin laughed too. 

The Chos were sitting and chatting with Kyuhyun and Yesung, after the introduction and all the thank yous because Yesung has helped Kyuhyun all these while. When Kyuhyun saw Sungmin and Ryeowook arrived, he stood up to welcome them. Another rounds of introduction and lots of thank yous again for all the help, believing in Kyuhyun and for Sungmin, for clearing Kyuhyun's name. 

Yesung then signalled to Ryeowook to help him to serve the brownies, so Kyuhyun felt that this was a good time to announce his relationship with Sungmin. He cleared his throat and said "Appa, omma, actually Sungmin is very important to me. We.... we are in a relationship and... I love him very much..." and he glanced at Sungmin and reached out for his hand. 

The family became quiet and Sungmin became nervous again. He felt Kyuhyun's warm hand squeezing his hand as though trying to tell him not to be afraid. 

Mr Cho cleared his throat, and looked at both Kyuhyun and Sungmin. His facial expression was mixed, angry and disappointed, but it seemed that he was trying very hard to stay calm. Mrs Cho looked at Ahra who nodded slowly signalling that she knew about it and are okay with it. 

Mr Cho took a deep breath and said "I am still an old fashion man, but I do understand that today's younger generation have different mindset. I am not totally against this relationship, but I hope that you lay low and behave yourselves in public. I believe that Mr Lee here is a good businessman, so you have a reputation to uphold. I hope you understand what I mean"

"I understand sir, and don't worry, we do mind our manners when we are in public. Kyuhyun is always well mannered and never cross any boundaries when we are outside or with a group of people. I love Kyuhyun and I thank you, sir, Mrs Cho, Ahra noona and hyung, for not against our relationship. During the game launch tomorrow, I will introduce my parents to you" Sungmin said, bowing his head as a gesture of respect. 

"Welcome to our family, Sungmin-ssi" Mrs Cho smile happily at him. Ahra clapped her hands happily and welcome Sungmin too. 

Ryeowook brought over the mouth-watering brownies and gestured for them to try. Kyuhyun stood up to make more drinks and soon, they were all talking and laughing again. Kyuhyun then brought his family over to the extended cafe and brief them on the game area and what will be happening tomorrow. Sungmin chipped in to give them some idea on what they have plan and showed them the brochure. Ahra couldn't wait to try the game but was stopped by Kyuhyun and told her to be patient!! She sulked and complained to her husband that Kyuhyun bullied her. 

The day finally arrived! Yesung had given his staff specific task to ensure operations in the existing cafe as well as the new extention goes on smoothly. Kyuhyun's task was to ensure there were sufficient coffee beans, fresh milk and cookies, as well as testing his mockups at the game area. Jongjin's task was to make sure all tables are numbered, game consoles are with LeeSM labels, and WiFi connection are secured. Even Henry was eager to help and was given the task of handling sound system and lightings, as well as welcoming guest. All in all, everybody was looking forward for the opening of the new extention and the game launch. 

Customers started coming in and when Lees family and Kyuhyun's family arrived just before 10am, they were ready to officially open the new extention. Sungmin introduced his parents to The Chos, and Mr Cho heartily thanked Mr Lee for nurturing and believing in Kyuhyun's potential and helped him gaining his success. 

Yesung received lots of phone calls seeking permission for media coverage and he has to scrutinise their background before agreeing for them to come over during the game launch at 12noon. He quickly instructed Henry to do a lanyard for the media, and to take care that they don't go overboard with their coverage. He gave him the list of media companies and their names to record down and for the lanyard.

Yesung and Kyuhyun officially open the café's new extention with lots of applause and curious look from customers who went over to take a peek. When they were told that they couldn't have a try at the game console today as it was reserved for the game launch, they were disappointed but vowed to come back again to try their hands on the alluring game console!  Outside the café extention, a queue started to form for the game launch and Shindong and a few LeeSM staff has been inform to keep everybody in line and checked their invitation slip before letting them to come in. 

Minho and Suho had arrived earlier, and now Kyuhyun was showing them how to operate the mockups as they would be the one handling these. Kyuhyun had discussed with them through Skype that he needed their help during the launch, and they had readily agreed. The 3 of them have been playing online games together regularly and they had been good friends since the 1st game launch. 

And finally finally finally, it was time for the game launch! The throng of gamers in the queue couldn't wait to go in. They have been assigned a seat number so they were all anxious to go in and witness the launch. The 'gate' to download the Luxor Galaxy would be open after the mockup demo, and 'secret' special feature, and then, the gamers would be able to download the game via the usual App Store or Play Store. 

Senior Mr Lee did a short opening speech and praised 'GameKyu' for his brilliant interactive game, and he said that he himself is an avid fan of Luxor! The mockup demo was next, and the gamers were all in awe, with wows, oohhhs, and ahhhs, heard from all corners. Mrs Cho was so proud of her son. She never thought that her son was so good and could earn millions from this amazing game. 

Then come the special feature. Sungmin realised that suddenly the three of them, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung had disappeared while the mockup demo was still on-going. The lights went dim, and then music started. Sungmin turned his head towards the madeshift stage and there, the three guys, stand and dressed up like cowboys. Jongjin announced "Ladies and gentlemen, our very own "MR KRY" !!!. 

The music was "The Night Chicago Died" and Yesung started singing, then Kyuhyun, then Ryeowook. They started shooting at each other and everybody laughed and clapped along. They had beautiful voices and they compliment each other. 

"Wow, my Kyuhyun has such a beautiful voice! These 3 musketeers, they kept it a secret all this while! When did they practise this!" Sungmin smile to himself. 

Shindong laughed and sat with Sungmin "Wow boss, didn't know Wook can sing so well!! Kyuhyun-ssi and Yesung-ssi too!! But what does MR KRY stands for?" 

Sungmin laughed. He has figured it out the MR part. He said "Mouse Rabbit Kyuhyun Ryeowook Yesung", he said, smiling widely and stood up together with the rest to give the trio a standing ovation after they had ended their song. 

It was time for the actual game launch. Ryeowook has been task to do the uplifting of the 'gate', when Sungmin said the word 'go!'. Kyuhyun had already pre-arranged the release of the game app and Ryeowook just need to input the programmer's password in order to open up the 'gate'.

Shindong started to shout the countdown "10, 9, 8..." and all the gamers join in and all shouted the countdown too. Sungmin signalled "Go!" and Ryeowook input the password and Luxor Galaxy is release!!!!  The strong crowd clapped and started to download the game. Luckily Sungmin and Yesung had already arranged with SK Telecoms for better network coverage, so the downloading were smooth and without impacting the overall network.

Ahra showed her parents the game app after she has downloaded it and told them that it was all Kyuhyun heart and sweat. The whole family was so proud of him.

However, after about 30 minutes, there was a blackout...!