Kyu, look at me.....

Ex-convict

It was after the press conference that an officer from the Detention Centre came forward to invite Kyuhyun to give a talk on his experience to motivate others in the Detention Centre, on the next day. He accepted it and told the officer that he would be there at 12noon. 

In addition to this, he got another invitation through Mouse Rabbit, a call from a lady who introduced herself as Miss Kim, from The Woman's Charter Group, asking Kyuhyun to give a talk on 'Playing game to destress'.  He apologised that he has turned it down due to another commitment, but the actual reason was because he recognised Miss Kim's voice as the one he met at Mouse Rabbit, a.k.a Sungmin's ex-girlfriend.

Anyway, come Saturday morning, Kyuhyun was preparing to go to the Detention Centre with Yesung and Ryeowook. Yesung offered to go with him, since his brother and Henry were around to manage the cafe, and then Ryeowook unanimously added himself in as well, stating the fact that he is Kyuhyun's closest friend! 

Kyuhyun was contemplating to invite Sungmin along, though he knew that Sungmin is at his parent's home, and that he wouldn't be able to join them, but it would be polite to still invite him because he didn't want Sungmin to feel left out. 

He called Sungmin's line while waiting for Yesung-hyung to finalised some instructions with his brother. "Min, the Detention Centre invited me to give a motivational talk to the inmates later at 12 noon. Yesung-hyung and Wook are coming with me. Do you want to come along?"

Sungmin who had grabbed his phone hurriedly when he saw Kyuhyun's name calling, said with a sad tone "Oh I can't, mum's birthday lunch is also at 12noon. Wish I can go with you, Kyu".

"Heyy, it's ok. Have you had your breakfast?"

"I just woke up. I couldn't sleep well last night. Maybe I'm too used sleeping at my own bed at the apartment" Sungmin chuckled. The truth was, he was hoping that Kyuhyun would call last night, as he was already missing him.

"Sorry I didn't call, I didn't want to disturb your time with your family" Kyuhyun said, knowing Sungmin well. He regretted that he should at least texted Sungmin, but he was out watching late night movie with Wook, Yesung-hyung and Jongjin after they had closed the cafe, so by the time the movie ended, it was quite late and he reckoned that Sungmin might already hit the bed.

"Oh it's okay, Kyu, don't worry about it. I'll come over to Mouse Rabbit tomorrow for lunch ok"

"Ok, see you Min. I miss you"

Sungmin touched his heart as that was what he wanted to hear "I miss you too, Kyu, so much".

Wook was signalling him to get into the car, so Kyuhyun signalled back with a '5 minutes' gestured. Before he ended his call, he said "Min, you enjoy your mother's birthday lunch ok. I love you. I call you tonight. Bye Min". And Kyuhyun off his line and ran to the car. 

At Sungmin's room, he stared at his phone after the line went dead. How he missed Kyuhyun! And how he wished that he can be with Kyuhyun to go to the Detention Centre. But he had been telling himself that he cannot be possessive towards Kyuhyun. Sungmin wanted Kyuhyun to have  his freedom, but he couldn't take it when he is far from Kyuhyun. "Aissh why am I like this! I'm just being possessive again"  Sungmin scolded himself and then took a deep breath, got ready, and went out of his room to join his parents for the lunch. 

At the Detention Centre, Kyuhyun was welcome like a celebrity. They were informed that the inmates had gathered in the hall after their early lunch, to listen to the talk. After all the security checks, they stepped inside the Centre and along the way to the Hall, Kyuhyun saw some of his previous inmates and waved at them, who cheered loudly for him.  Yesung and Ryeowook were invited to sit on the stage with some of the officials while Kyuhyun were briefed on the programme. 

Many of the inmates were motivated with Kyuhyun's inspirational speech about utilising experience and talent for upgrading themselves, and there were many questions and seeking advice during the Questions & Answer session. 

All in all, it was a successful session and the officials were happy with the result. Many inmates started signing up courses and classes to upgrade themselves. Previously, even Kyuhyun admitted himself, the number of inmates taking up courses when he was detained here, were very low because most of them preferred to sit around, some just playing outdoor games, and some even fight among themselves. Kyuhyun hope that by upgrading  themselves, they could secure jobs once they were released and manage to blend back with the society.

Yesung was driving along city area when Sungmin's father's car happened to be next to his. However, they didn't see Sungmin, who was seated at the back seat, as they were busy talking and laughing about the earlier speech session. 

Ryeowook was teasing Kyuhyun that he can be a lecturer next time because he could give a good speech, and Kyuhyun was denying it and said that he was shaking internally which made Yesung and Ryeowook laughing at him. 

Sungmin felt jealous that they were laughing and seemed so close with Kyuhyun. He kept looking at Kyuhyun from his window and said "Kyu, turn and look at me, please look at me...." but Kyuhyun didn't even notice his father's car. 

Sungmin became sad. He felt that Kyuhyun was getting far away from him. He looked out again and saw that Kyuhyun was genuinely happy with Yesung and Ryeowook, and even when Sungmin's father's car started moving faster than Yesung's car, they didn't notice him looking at them. 

"Sungminnie, you come shopping with me for a while, ok, I need your opinion on one bracelet that I wanted to buy" Mrs Lee was saying, glancing at Sungmin. 

"Ahhh, Omma, I have some work to do.." he said, because he was itching to go to Mouse Rabbit today, instead of tomorrow. 

"Huhhh? Didn't you say you can accompany me whole day today??" 

Ohh shucks.. Sungmin sigh... "Okayyyy, Omma, sorry, yes, I will accompany you" Sungmin said rejectedly. He his ring that Kyuhyun gave him and the feeling of missing Kyuhyun doubled. 

He decided to text Kyuhyun. "How's the session at the Detention Centre?" 

Mr Lee reached the Lotte Hotel Duty Free entrance and kissed his wife goodbye. He then said to Sungmin "Later you call me? I come and fetch both of you, ok" 

Sungmin closed his phone flap as there was no reply from Kyuhyun "Ok Appa, see you later" he said while exiting from his father's car. He then smile at his mother and led her inside. 

It was an hour later that he got a reply text from Kyuhyun "Hi Min, sorry we were having lunch and I left my phone in Yesung-hyung's car". 

"Oh really..." Sungmin said to himself. 

Kyuhyun sent another text "The session went well, and I'm happy that I can motivate the inmates to upgrade themselves!! The Detention Centre asked me to come back to give another speech in 2 month's time!" and Kyuhyun added smiley emoticon. 

He has started typing when his mother called him. He cancelled his typing and put back his phone in his pocket. 

Kyuhyun was waiting for Sungmin's reply but none came, so he continued talking with Yesung and Ryeowook. They had stopover for a drink near Han River after their lunch, and Yesung was telling them about his plan to expand his cafe if he managed to acquire the shop next door. Kyuhyun said that he could help financially now that he has the money, so he encouraged Yesung to acquire the shop. 

Their discussion continued when they were back at the cafe and Ryeowook only left late at night. By the time Kyuhyun helped Jongjin to close up the cafe, it was nearly 1am. After his bath, Kyuhyun just remembered that he was supposed to call Sungmin but it was already past 1.30am. 

He texted Sungmin instead. "Heyy, are you asleep? I'm so sorry we just close up the cafe, so I didn't call in case you have gone to bed. Talk to you tomorrow ok, when you are here. Love you". 

He didn't get a reply, so he reckoned Sungmin might already slept. He off his lights and slept too. 

Sungmin actually had fallen asleep at his sofa in his room, after waited for Kyuhyun's call the whole night. When he woke up, it was way past 2am, and he saw Kyuhyun's message. He sigh and crawled into bed. He needed to see Kyuhyun tomorrow, or else he don't think that he could survive next Monday. 

Mouse Rabbit was quite crowded around noon when 2 game magazine journalists came and asked for the owner. When Yesung said that he is the owner, the journalist introduced themselves and seeked permission to interview 'gamegyu'. 

Though Kyuhyun informed them politely that he is working now, Yesung told Kyuhyun to go ahead with the interview and asked Jongjin to take over the barista for a while. 

Kyuhyun led them to a corner table and Yesung came over with drinks and some cookies, earning lots of thank you's from the two journalists. 

They were deep in discussion when Sungmin arrived. Surprised that Kyuhyun was not at the barista station, he asked Jongjin about Kyuhyun's whereabout. 

It was Yesung who answered him "Sungmin-ssi! How are you? Can we get you something?" he asked Sungmin politely. 

"Hi Yesung-ssi. Where is Kyuhyun?" 

"Ohh, he's having an interview with two journalists from some game magazines at that corner. Do you want latte? Jongjin here has learn a lot from Kyu, so the taste should be nearly as good as Kyu!" Yesung chuckled and patted his brother's shoulder. 

Sungmin smile "Haha ok, I will try and tell you the verdict. Can I have tuna sandwich too?" Sungmin asked, and glanced at the far end of the barista station and noticed that Kyuhyun's phone was there. 

Yesung replied with a cheery voice "Coming up! Where would you like to sit? How about that table near where Kyuhyun is?" Yesung moved out of the barista station and  gestured to a table for 2, two tables away from Kyuhyun. 

"Sure. Thanks, Yesung-ssi" 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun while walking to his table. Kyuhyun didn't see him as he was showing something on his iPad to the two journalists. They were deep in conversation and Kyuhyun didn't even looked up once, much to Sungmin's disappointment. 

"Kyu, look at me.... Kyu look at me... I'm here..." Sungmin said to himself, after seated while looking at Kyuhyun's direction. Kyuhyun looked so incredibly handsome and he just felt like dragging Kyuhyun to his room upstairs and kissed him for hours. He needed Kyuhyun to cuddle him to recharge his battery. 

Yesung brought Sungmin's sandwiches and latte and sat for a while to accompany Sungmin. He told Sungmin of the speech yesterday at the Detention Centre and that Kyuhyun did very well. Before Sungmin could reply him, Jongjin called him as a delivery guy came to deliver coffee beans and needed Yesung's signature. Sungmin continued eating his sandwich while looking at Kyuhyun again. 

"Kyu, look at me...." he said again, and getting frustrated as his busy boyfriend didn't glance at his direction at all. 

Sungmin became depressed. Should he stomped over to that corner table and introduced himself as Kyuhyun's game distributor? But no, he shouldn't as Yesung-ssi has given permission for them to interview Kyuhyun at his cafe. And he couldn't message Kyuhyun as his dear boyfriend didn't bring over his phone. 

He leaned back and sipped his latte. "Not bad..." he praised Jongjin's latte. He must remember to feedback this to Yesung-ssi later. He took out his phone and tried to check some news, to occupy his time, but actually his eyes were still on Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu, look at me, look at me....." 

But his busy boyfriend still didn't glance at him..!

​​​​