Electrodes - 37

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Waaah!!!! Hey chingus! Okay, this is our second update for today as promised. 

Disclaimer: There are a couple of YouTube videos in here. I suggest playing it while reading. Don't kill me by the end of this chapter. 

This is a very difficult chapter to write, my emotions were in a jumble. The hardest chapter to write.. I found myself tearing up in some scenes. 

Here you go, I hope you like it chingus! ✌

---------

 

 

It was cold.


The metal was cold.


It was piercing my skin, my body.


I feel numb.


The first strike was painful.


The second, the third, the fourth made me numb to the pain.


Maybe that's the natural reaction of the body when it comes to pain...


He was still smiling at me, the psycho schizo was smiling like crazy.


With the strength I still have inside me, I pushed him hard and poked his eyes with my fingers. He releases his grip on the handle of the knife shouting and fumbling his bloody eyes. I held on to the knife securing it inside me. I need this... to.... stay...in... place...


So this is how it feels to have a sharp object inside your body. I feel like I'm Kim Shin from Goblin, the difference is I have a kitchen knife inside me not a gigantic sword, and it is in my stomach not in my heart.


Idiot. You still thought about that!?


"Amber!!! Security get that Kang Minhyuk!"


"Call an Ambulance!!!"

 

I can hear Dad barking orders, the crowd finally knew what was happening and they all stopped.


My body dropped on the floor kneeling while I held the knife in place.


I can see Detective Kim approaching and mumbling "Shoot him."


My sight suddenly blurred.


Too blurred.


Ahhh. I feel light...


My mind is in a reel... Playing flashbacks of my life starting when I was a kid, Mom and Dad giving me my first bike.


All the important events in my life flashing before my eyes.


The first time I saw Soojung...


Our night at the N Tower...


Our first kiss inside the call room...


The night I called her mine... All the time we were together...


Jackie's tear stained eyes while looking at me proudly on the day of my wedding...


Our wedding.... Soojung looking like a Goddess walking to me...


The happiness radiating on her face that night as we watch our families celebrate with us...


Our first night as a married couple...


Her excited smile while looking at our Little treasures...


Soojung's precious smile played in my mind. Her smile last night... The last smile I will see...


Her sweet laugh, her beautiful face, her kind gaze.


She's waiting for me...


I have to get her bread and oranges.


We're going to meet our Little One today.


My Little One...


Maybe you and Appa is not destined to meet in this lifetime.


I was planning to name you Juno even if your Mommy won't like it.


"I love you idiot~.."


It was the last thing I remember before the surroundings went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 


I saw Dr. Liu's gaze and I followed it. She was looking sternly at the oldman who was looking down.


There is something unusual about that old bloke.


Wig.


He's wearing a ing wig.


"All units advance! Kang Minhyuk is in the crowd! I repeat! He's in the crowd! Be careful there are a lot of civilians!"


"Detective Kim! Please identify!"


"6:00 o'clock, 3 meters away from the President. Oldman with silver wig, brown coat! The crowd is pushing him! I'm fighting my way there!"


"Sniper do you have a clear view??!"


"Negative Detective! He's using the people as his shield!"


"!!! I'll get you er!!" I fought my way on the crowd, pushing and pulling.


The psycho was using the crowd to cover him and push him further to where the President is. His target is the President like I expected.


Dr. Liu was on her way to the President and I saw her covering him in an instant.


No!! You should have stayed from where you are standing a while ago! Where are your ing bodyguards!


this crowd!


A yard more and ill get you, you psycho!


Just as I was nearing, I saw him and Dr. Liu standing face to face. Their bodies were close to each other and in a flash I can see how Dr. Liu's eyes turned wide.


The psycho even leaned on him and whispered something. Dr. Liu pushed him and poked his eyes hard that made him stumble.


What I saw made me cold and sent shivers to my spine.


Knife.


A knife on Dr. Liu's stomach.


Blood... Blood starting to stain her white shirt.


She dropped on the ground kneeling holding the knife in her stomach. Dr. Liu was looking at me mumbling... Even though I can't hear it, I can read from her lips what she wants me to do.


I reached the location and saw the psycho trying to stand up his back facing me.


This is it.


This is for you Lee Jinki.


I pulled my Beretta and pointed it at him.


He wobbly stood up rubbing his eyes and when he turned around, I saw it was bloody.


What ticks me to the bones is he was still smiling like a lunatic.


But when he saw the gun pointed at the center of his forehead, kissing his forehead, his smile changed into a madman's stare. "What the--"


" you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bang! Bang! Bang!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


He died with his eyes open and slumped on the floor. Three bullets. A hole adorning his forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The President was cradling Dr. Liu on his lap while the Security team controls the crowd. The Paramedics arrived and gave her First-aid then immediately boarded her on the Ambulance.


I slumped on the concrete floor and took a stick of cigarette inside my jacket. I lit it and inhaled the Nicotine, savoring the poison in my lungs.


... Fany will surely strangle me later for smoking again.


But I don't mind. All I want is to soak my body in our bath tub and close my eyes.


After months of your game you psycho, I finally used my Beretta to take you down.


I stared at my gun and blew its tip.


"Justice Served."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal's POV

 

 

07:00 am

 

 


I said my goodbyes to Mom after breakfast, telling her I have to be in the hospital because I promised Amber we will meet there. She reached for my cheeks with two hands squishing it.


"Aigoo... Soojungie.. You're so clingy! Let your wife work!"


"Mom! I'll also check my office and see my Patients Report."


"Go! Be careful and bring this with you." She handed me a small lunch bag my right eyebrow raising in amusement.


"What am I? A nursery student?"


"Pabo! Those are snacks for you and Amber later. There's Kimbap and sausage in there." Bwoah! Kimbap!


"Thanks Mom! I'll get going now.." I bowed then started to walk down the steps leading down to the car. Samchon was waiting for me beside the spare car and another vehicle behind where my 4 other Security Aides will ride.


"Soojung!" Mom called me just when I was going to enter the car. I turned around to face her and saw Mom smiling widely. "Whatever happens, Fighting!"


Mom... You really are good.


I smiled at Mom and gave her a thumbs up. "See you later Mom!" I rode the car and Samchon filled me in with the details about Dad and his gathering at Itaewon today.


I'm wondering why Dad conducted it in an open place. It's so dangerous especially that Kang is still roaming around waiting for his chance to strike.


Did Dad intentionally held it in an open place so the authorities will have the chance to finally capture that psycho?


If I willl have the chance to see him, I'll blow his brains out with just one bullet.


My phone beeped and it was Amber informing me that she's already at the site. I bit my lips unconsciously while reading her message. This idiot, really...


From: Stupid

07:10 am


Hi Mommy...;) God... It sounds so good calling you Mommy, Soojung. Guess I'm just really excited too like you. Just a few more hours. Tell Little One, Appa will come in a few hours. I'm in Itaewon now babe. I'll see you later at the hospital, arasso?
I love you so much, remember that. :)

 

Little One, Appa said she's excited to see you later so just rest in there my treasure.


I typed a reply and sent it to her while grinning.

 


To: Idiot

07:12 am


Appa... Keke... Sounds good too babe. Appa.... Can you just ditch Dad and tell him you have stomachache. I miss you badly.. :'( let's come together at the hospital. GAJIMAAAAAAAAAA JUSEYOOOOOOO........😚😆

 

 

I hope it works now. I don't want her there, honestly. I hope she ditch it.... But knowing Amber, she won't do something that will disappoint Dad. He personally asked her to accompay him.

 


From: Idiot

07:15 am


Mommy... As much as I want to ditch your father now, I can't. Mr. Choi already saw me. I'll call you later after we finish this.


I love you Soojung! Wish me luck! ;)

 

 

I typed another reply to her before placing my phone back inside my blazer pocket.

 


To: Idiot

07:17 am


I love you too idiot! Good luck!!!

 

 

We reached the hospital safely and I was welcomed by the nurses and staffs greeting me enthusiastically. They said they miss the interaction of the Goddess and the Llama. That it was lonely seeing the Llama alone. I smiled and laugh then told them I will be reporting for work in a few days.


Byul welcomed me in the office and updated me with the status of my patients that I endorsed to one of my colleague. They are all good and doing well, I'm happy about that.


By 8:30 am, I made my way to the 5th floor and said hello to Luna who was in her station that time busy with reports. She was so giddy and ecstatic to see me. Her smile was so wide like she won in the lottery.


"Yah! What's with the smile?! You look creepy."


She wriggled her brows still smiling "Nothing~... I'm just happy to see you."


I squinted my eyes trying to intimidate her but it seems like my friend is already immuned to it hahaha.. "Really? You're too happy Park Sunyoung."


"Am I not allowed to be happy when I see my best friend who has been resting for two weeks?!"


"Haha... By the way, I'm waiting for Amber. I'll be inside the Call Room Lun. Treat you later for lunch, okay? By the way, I missed you!" I made kissy kissy gestures grinning after.


She answered my silliness with a laugh going out of her station to get near me. Luna encircled her short arms around me hugging me tight. Awwwwww... I copied her, hugging her too.


I think she really misses me because her hug is kinda squishing me now. My feels a little bit squished it makes me feel uncomfortable and sore... Awwwww. T-T


"Yah! Park Sunyoung! You're squishing my babies!"


She grinned playfully and leaned back still hugging me. Suddenly poking my with her index finger surprising me.


"Aww! It hurts!" I swatted her hand away but she repeated it while looking at my expression. She laughed softly then whispered while leaning on my ear. .


"Did I squished this baby here.." she poked on my again that made me cringe "Or the baby in here?" My eyes went wide when she gently poke on my belly looking at me with a smirk.


Wait.


How did she knew?


I narrowed my eyes and she just answered me with a smug smile breaking our hug.


She's just playing with me...


Is it?


"Lun... H-how..."


"I'm Luna... You know nothing escapes my radar." She flashed me a wink then it dawned on me... Yeah her radar is always accurate.


"Lun~... Don't tell anyone!"


"Of course! Key knew about it too..."


"What?!"


"Yep... Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. What time is your check-up with Doc Soo? Can I come too? I wanna see the results!" She's back to her giddy self squealing. Oh God.


"Shhh! Quiet! "


"Zzzzzz! Zipping it now!" She made a zipping motion on her lips then wiggled like a Tequila worm sprinkled with salt. Ugh. Luna!


"Stop that! I'll be inside the Call Room just tell Appa!..."

 

.......

 

Oh.

 

I realized my mistake, biting my lips grinning "Hahaha... I mean, tell A-amber."


My friend squealed like a crazy banshee startling her nurses that I think are low key listening in our chat. Oh God Luna! I shook my head with a shy smile and saw Samchon smiling too shaking his head. This ahjumma, really. Tsk Tsk...


I went inside the Call Room going straight to the desk to turn on the lamp. The bed wasn't made up and I can still smell Amber's scent inside. Maybe she went here to take a nap after her surgery. Hmmm...


The trace of her body on the bed is still here. Her scent lingering on the pillow she used. Definitely her, the shampoo scent and her body scent combining that I buried my face on her pillow inhaling everything. Wow... I'm such a er when it comes to her scent... 


God... I miss her.


I miss our moments here..


HURRY Llama!!!... I'm waiting for you. Little One is waiting for you..


I doze off while hugging Amber's pillow on the bed waiting for her to come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I opened my eyes and saw myself at the beach back in L.A.


Haha... I must be dreaming.. but it looks so real...


I was standing on the wooden porch looking out at the sea, when my gaze landed on a little boy.


Maybe around 5 or 6 years old...


He was sitting on the sand, his back facing me. Black hair and not so thin frame.


Is he a neighbor? Where are his parents? Why is he watching the sunset alone?


Poor boy...


Curious, I went down the porch and headed to his spot on the sand. I can see that he is hugging his legs on his chest and propping his chin on his knees.


Stopping beside him, I dropped on my knee leveling on him.


"Little boy... Why are you alone?"


He turned his head to look at me and I was surprised when I saw his face. He's cute... and his facial features are mixed, his eyes are cat like, his nose and face similar to one person I know.


But there were tears on his eyes. Sadness written all over it. Sorrow..


He opened his mouth and muttered a word that froze me on the spot.

 

 


"Mommy...." He suddenly lunge at me clinging on my neck. Sobs can be heard, his tears wetting my neck. He was rocking me gently, muttering my name.


"Mommy Soojung...."


Mommy Soojung...."


The rocking became fast making me dizzy. He was still calling me...


"Mommy Soojung...."


"Soojung..."

 

 


"Soojung"

 

 


"Soojung!!!"

 

 


I suddenly opened my eyes and gasped for air. Luna was sitting beside me on the bed holding my body. I stared wide eyed at her, panting, catching my breath.


"Are you okay Soojung?!" I nodded at her and tried to push my body up to the bed and lean back on the wall. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to stabilize myself.


It was a dream but it felt so real.


I unconsciously cradled my stomach and sent a prayer up above.


Little One... Is that you?


Why are you crying?!

 

 


My question was answered in a few seconds.

 


I opened my eyes and saw Luna with tears on her eyes. What happened? Did I scream in my sleep?


"Soojung.... Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter