Electrodes - 4

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today based on Dr. Jung's POV. 

Thank you to all our subscribers!

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 


Krystal's POV


1 year ago...

 


It was my first day in Yong-ganham Medical Center where I was asked to be part of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Department. The Chairman of the hospital, Chairman Park, was a family friend that is why I got in as simple as that.


Of course I still followed the protocol and did passed my KMLE before finally starting.


There's nothing I can do when it's my father who decided on it.


I am happy, and excited... I'll be working with my older sister and one of my best friends is also working here. That's all I needed to survive in this hospital.


I was living my life peacefully in California finishing my fellowship program in UCSF and away from all the chaos of living as a Jung when Dad suddenly phoned and told me it's time to go home and serve my beloved country Korea. The day after I passed my U.S. Medical Licensing Examination, they jetted me home.


I can't do anything... Dad is the law in our family.


I may be a rebel, but there are laws in our family that I still follow. It's needed for Dad's own good.. his image shouldn't be tarnish.


It was always like that, his words are the law in our family. When my older sister told him she wants to study Anesthesiology in Korea University, he said no and jetted unnie to Harvard.


When my older brother told him he wants to study Arts in Sungkyungkwan University, he enrolled him in Law and Public Administration. A must for every male Jung in the family. I'm just thankful I'm not a guy or else I'm doomed just like Oppa.


When I told him I wanted to study medicine in Yonsei University, they jetted me off to San Francisco and I was wishing they would just forget about the youngest and gifted Jung but... They remembered me.


When I was a kid, I was kind of a gifted child. At 6, I was already reading Medical books instead of playing with my Barbie. Playing house became playing hospital with my stuff toys. I was already dissecting a poor frog when kids my age asked their fathers to read bedtime stories. I do bury them in our garden at night after and put flowers on their grave.


High school was spent studying hard and staying in the library every day after school hours reading books about Medicine. My goal was to enter Yonsei but it didn't push through because of Dad. I did became part of a singing group back then to look normal but that's just it. Those 3 girls are the only friends I have until now.


I was a nerd, a geek. Behind those idol looks and model like smiles is an analytical and gifted mind that makes me awkward with people. But boys still hover around me I don't know why. The library was full pack with male students when I study after classes and when I do my duty as a student assistant.


Although it's good because they have found interest in visiting the library, it's annoying because I feel like I'm being watch like a goldfish inside a fish bowl. I just put on my head phones on and mind my studying or when I arrange books on the shelf. Luna said it's because of me that's why those stupid boys are in the library.


Vic will sometimes tutor me and we will have mock exams to check if I absorb what's written on the books I already finished reading. She's the no. 1 student in our school while I'm the no. 2, which makes Dad annoyed at me. He said I'm not studying well... What can I do? My friend is intelligent, smart, and joins extra curricular activities which I don't do. And it was actually intentional because I don't want to be the center of attention.


When I was suddenly jetted off to the US, without much choice since I'm still a a minor back then, University and Med School days was spent keeping to myself and studying.


My university professors gave up on me and said I already know everything endorsing me to take the MSLE even if I'm still a sophomore. They said I'm more than ready and immediately endorsed me to USCF saying I'm the 'future'.


I didn't date and I don't have the urge to do because I'm not interested, Spring break and Thanksgiving are spent still studying.


My only refuge was listening to punk rock, classic rock and jazz music on those lonely nights I'm alone in my dorm room studying or playing basketball alone in the gym or a ballpark. When all of my schoolmates party like Katy Perry and Justin Bieber, I'm in the Public Library or in a hospital observing or searching for a good guitar tabs on a music store in downtown San Francisco.


Interests? Hmmm....Aside from studying... Punk rock and classic rock music, Jazz, my collection of limited edition autographed electric and classic guitars (learning how to play the guitar was self taught, parents enrolled me in piano lessons like all good girls do), following Cara de Levigne and Kristen Stewart in Instagram, watching foreign films. Seems...different for a pretty girl like me, Right?


I know. Hahaha... I do harbor crushes in guys and girls but mostly in celebrities because I don't have to present myself to them to like me. It's a one sided love and that's okay because I don't need distractions. I don't want heart palpitations and sweaty palms, crazy late night thinking and jealousy.


I'm not the usual 'make-up and lipstick' girl, heck I don't even know how to apply make-up to myself. And I don't need to wear make-up when I'm doing surgery so it's okay. I'm your sneaker and skinny jeans type of girl. There's no one to please. And besides, I'm still pretty without make-up on and not to brag about it, but I'm kind of y too and i know it. *Hair flip*


I repeat.


I don't want any distractions.


Period.

 


But that changed today when I entered the meeting room with the President of the hospital. Distraction came in the form of that cute doctor who looks like a Llama or Alpaca or something with black just-got-out-of-bed hair and beautiful eyes that you want to stare at all day.


Yeah... I am distracted on my first day. Just like when I saw a Les Paul electric guitar with Keith Richard's signature on it that I almost drooled.


I would like to run my fingers on that soft looking short hair...and pull it hard...


And look into those eyes without blinking...


What am I thinking?!


I shook my head lightly trying to get that thought out of my head.


You byuntae...


His or her face was serious and that made him/her more attractive, there's something on him/her that will make you interested. His/her jaw was prominent but there's a little bit of femininity on his/her face. I can say he's/she's beautiful even if he's/she's frowning while talking to a colleague.


That's the reason I am saying he/she, him/her. I can't distinguish if it's a guy or a girl. So I'm just going to define the captivating person as IT for the mean time. But I do hope it's a girl...


Don't be too obvious Soojung...


I took a secret glance on IT and I can't help but bite my lips unconsciously.


God those lips... and teeth.


I wonder if those lips are soft...


You don't even know how to kiss Dr. Jung!


I do know how to kiss!


Yeah... When you're dreaming. Then you woke up and saw Fluffy the puppy your face.


Ungh. I don't want to remember that. I love my puppy but I don't want Fluffy to be my first kiss.


Oh God of Llamas... even the way IT bites its lips.. that was so...y.


Gosh Soojung... You're 27 and still a but your mind is full of byuntaeness.


I can't help myself... I'm a closet ert.


Now you're talking!


Shaking it's head, smiling. IT's smile is very addicting... I wanna take a snap shot of it and frame in my wall or make it a wallpaper in my phone. Hmmm.... I don't know. There's something in IT that pulls me in.


Some of the female doctors are squealing while looking at IT. Hmmm... famous huh? IT smiled at them and they almost melted on their seats.


For the first time in my life, I wanted to get near a person and introduce my awkward self. After all the introductions and hand shakes to other doctors, our eyes met and I suddenly felt time stood still.


Yes, like those in the movies when you met someone and all the people around you were in slow motion. But then IT suddenly broke the gaze and that made me sad.


Well.. why don't you make a move Krystal?! Come on! It's your chance to be friends with someone other than Luna, Vic, and Sulli plus your sister and brother.


But... What if IT doesn't like to be friends?


So? You just want to be friends. You know... someone to ask help with when you need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter