Electrodes - 10

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Still awake? My connection was slow that's why the update is late. 

Adding some characters here hehe...

Thank you to all our subscribers who patiently waits for my update everyday. Love you guys!

Subscribe, comment, holler! 

Peace yow! ✌

-------

 

"Soojung-ah, are you ready?!" Unnie came rushing inside my room in Cheong Wa Dae wearing a black cocktail dress that accentuates her figure. Her make-up was on point and ears studded with a pair of diamond earrings. I was in front of my mirror looking troubled at the lipsticks in front of me.


Why do I have to be there?


Can't I just not attend that party and tell them there's a call from the hospital because I'm needed?


I'd rather be in the hospital and do some work than be there and wear a fake smile. I don't want them to see how the gifted doctor fidgets in her seat and smile awkwardly to anyone who will greet her.


Maybe I'll ask the MC later not to mention my name so no one will know I'm here. Right.... I'll tell Dad's Chief of Staff to place me in a table far away from the stage. I'm not even needed there!


Sigh...


"Come here... I'll put your lipstick on..." unnie was already beside me smiling and chose a lipstick on the table. She look so beautiful tonight, she's sparkling. But her eyes isn't...


Pouting at her, she applied the lipstick on my lips lightly. After that she marvelled at me smiling "Aigooo.... My little Soojung is now a lady!"


"Tssss.... Whatever." I meronged at her flipping my hair smiling. Someone knocked on the door, unnie opened it and it was our older brother Yunho Oppa looking dashing on his Armani tuxedo.


My hero, my Oppa. He was always there when I was a kid, when I needed someone to talk to and share the knowledge I have read on a medical book even if it's 12:00 midnight and he's already sleeping. I'll come creeping in his room and sat on his bed waking him up just to share with him the valves of the heart.


Good looking, kind, funny. Being the eldest of us three, he bears the responsibility of being a good son who always follow our father's orders even though he doesn't like it. He is being groomed as father's successor that's why he is serving as head of Dad's communication team.


"My Soojung-ah... Looking pretty as always!" He went to my right side and the three of us stared at ourselves in the mirror. Oppa's eyes are the same with Unnie, they are smiling but there are no sparks in there.


I gave him a sweet smile while looking at our reflection in the mirror "My handsome Oppa! I miss you..." He draped his arm on me and Jess unnie smiling "My two beautiful sisters... I wish I can protect both of you but it seems I failed."


Unnie squeezed his hands and let out a sad smile "You didn't fail Oppa, at least we still did something not to make it more like a tragedy." Unnie patted my head like a kid and sighed. "We still have Soojung to protect Oppa.."


I sniggered at Unnie laughing softly "You don't have to protect me Unnie, Oppa. I can take care of myself... You know me, I'm not gonna follow whatever he wants me to do... I'm not a minor anymore that he can send anywhere. I'll do whatever I want..."


"Soojung-ah... Always the rebel. I hope I can be like you..." Oppa held my hand squeezing it "But Oppa can't..." The sadness in his voice evident even though there was a smile plastered on his lips.


I turned to Unnie looking up at her, she was also smiling but sad "Me too... I wish I was like you Soojung-ah... But unnie can't too. This is something Yunho Oppa and I has to do."


Yunho Oppa stared at me in the mirror with a pained smile on his face "Soojung-ah, promise Oppa. Whoever you will choose to spend your life with, fight for that person. Do all you can to be with that person. I don't want you to make the same mistake..." I stood up from my seat and pulled my two siblings on my bed ushering them to seat down and stood in front of them.


Both of them looking at me like they want to laugh at my expression.


"I want both of you to be happy with what you are going to do tonight. Smile Oppa, Unnie. This is not the end of the world! I understand, both of you can't do anything about the situation. But still, be happy. You know what I'm saying..." The three of us shared a look only us knows. "Just be discreet with your life and everything will fall into its right place. Remember, Dad still has 2 years left in his term. After that, it's for you to decide what to do. I'll just be here for both of you.."


Oppa chuckled at me grinning "When did Soojung-ah grow up?"


"I'm wondering too Oppa, I'm wondering too." Unnie chuckled too teasing me. I flipped my hair at them rolling my eyes.


"God! Stop that non-sense... Tsss... I'm 27 now! Unnie's 30!"


"Yah! I'm still 29!"


"In a few months you'll be 30 Unnie so accept that! And you Oppa is already 32... We're not kids anymore."


"But you'll always be our little Soojung! That little girl who dissects a frog inside Dad's office at night. Then will bug me to help her bury the same poor frog at midnight in our garden."


"Oppa!" They laughed at my embarassed expression. They stood up and the three of us huddled at the middle of the room holding each other. What I can only do is support the two of them, and help them keep the secrets they've been keeping to the whole nation.


I know this is hard for the two of them but they can't do anything. They are chained to the society's principle, on top of that they are the eldest in a family who follows to the norm and traditions set.


"Let's go, our PSS details must be going crazy waiting for us to come out. We have to arrive altogether at the hotel like a 'happy family we are." There was sarcasm in Unnie's voice and Oppa flicked her forehead playfully.


"Bad Sooyeon! Bad girl!"


Unnie whined at Oppa like a cute girl making me cringe. Ugh.


"Oppa that hurts!~"


Someone knocked on the door and it was Kim Samchon who spoke from the other side of the door. "Dr. Jung..."


"Ne Samchon!" Unnie and I answered playfully giggling.


"Aisssh! Dr. Jung Soojung, Dr. Jung Sooyeon, Atty. Jung Yun-ho..." He paused and cleared his throat but I know Samchon is controlling his laugh because of his roll call "The President and the First Lady is already waiting downstairs. There will be a convoy of vehicles going to Shilla Hotel."


"Okay Samchon, we're going out now." The three of us laughed like kids and opened the door revealing Kim Samchon on his complete bodyguard outfit with headsets on his ear. He bowed at us together with our other details when we went out.


"You both look beautiful Drs. Jung... And you too Atty. Jung, you look handsome." Oppa chuckled at Kim Samchon patting the oldmans back.


"I thought you're going to say I'm beautiful too Samchon..." We giggled at Oppa's hairflip of his imaginary long hair. Unnie smacked his back hissing "Be careful, the Eagle might see you!"


We went down to the receiving area and was welcomed by the sight of our parents standing face to face each other. One look at them you'll think they are the sweetest couple, with Mom fixing his bow tie and flatting his suit.


The truth is, it's for show. When it's just us inside a room without the security details and servants, they are civil with each other. It's not the same for the two of them anymore, they're just hanging on each other until Dad finishes his term.


"Oh, you're all here now. We have to go, the guests are already waiting at the hotel. Soojung, why don't you ride with me in the Equus.." my eyebrow raised on what the President said. The Hyundai Equus limosine or the Presidential car only has two seats at the back. Is he ditching Mom?

 


I took a glance at Mom her expression is somewhat pained but she nodded at me. No. I don't like.


"Wae? I'm not the First Lady... I'll just ride the BMW, my details are with me." I answered him and he looked at me with authority.


"I need to discuss with you about Chairman Park's nephew Dr. Kang..." there you go.. you said it Mr. President... Uh uh... No.


No Mr. President, you can't make me bow to your orders from now on.


"Nope. Whatever it is Father, the answer is a big NO. If you'll excuse me, I'll ride in the BMW. See you at the hotel Jungs!" I smiled sweetly at Dad and Mom then gave a wink at Unnie and Oppa who snickered at me.

 


Too bad for the Jung family, Jung Soojung won't be following any traditions. I am my own self.

 


I won't be like them.

 

 

 

----------

 

 

Amber's POV

 

"Amber! Over here!" I heard Yuri's voice and when I turned around she was waving at me from a distance. Beside her is Atty. Kwon her older brother. I went up to them and bowed at Atty. Kwon.


"Atty. Kwon, it's nice to see you again!" He patted my shoulders smiling, his dimples showing.


"How many times do I have to tell you Amber, call me JJ Hyung. Drop the formalities... Better to call me Hyung than Oppa. Hehehe..." I noticed the sadness in his eyes even though a smile is plastered on his face.


JJ Hyung and I have played a few baskets before when he visits Yuri at the hospital. He's a lawyer and works as the secretary to the Prime Minister aka their father. I've met the Prime Minister before when Yuri invited me to a party. He's a kind man, a funny and loving father to his children when they are together.


"Hyung you look handsome on your tuxedo! And you my friend..." I narrowed my eyes while looking at Yuri "You look... Okay." She slapped my arm annoyed at my teasing.


"You look good too Amber, that tie suits you." Hyung patted my tie and coat.


Both of them look handsome and beautiful tonight. Yuri is wearing a light blue cocktail dress, her hair is flowing on her shoulders, and on stilleto. Woah...


I don't know what the party is for but I heard the President and Prime Minister hosted this private party. A lot of politicians and top CEOs are here together with their family, chaebols are everywhere.
If the President hosted this, it means Princess Forehead will be here. Haha... At least I'll get to see her beauty and get to see her in a nice dress.


"By the way Yuri, what's going to happen later? What is this all about? Almost all chaebol families are here..." I saw Dr. Jerk Kang with a group of chaebols just hanging out "Jerk Kang is here. What's this, a speed dating event?" There are also daughters of the CEOs hanging around in circles chatting. This isn't Yuri's crowd.


Hyung took a deep breath and sighed "It will be one hell of a night Amber, you'll see... You're going to get a glimpse of what families like us do. Well... Yes it's like a speed dating event, chaebol style. I'll leave the two of you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter