Electrodes - 14

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update! Enjoy! 

Thank you to all subscribers! 

---------

 

"Over my dead beautiful y body..." I mumbled to myself while seating on my reclining chair. Reminiscing about the lecture I had courtesy of the President when he summoned me to Cheong Wa Dae two days ago.


"Who does he think he is?! The King Sejong!? Setting up a marriage for me! Why don't he marry that jerk..." I ruffled my hair in annoyance and pounded my fist on top of my table startling my blue haired secretary. She was sipping her energy drink that time and almost choked.


"Yah! Doc!" I flashed an apologetic smile at her and threw a box of tissue on her way which she catch efficiently.


It was a night full of awful lectures that made me regret listening to Amber who told me I should go if my father asked for me. She said maybe the President just wanted to see me or ask how I am doing. I didn't tell her that if the President summons me to Cheong Wa Dae, it only meant two things:


One, is to lecture me regarding not following his orders and protocols; Two, if he is going to discuss about the potential husband candidates he has in store for me. He loves discussing the character traits and how wealthy the candidates is, chaebols to business empires. He didn't get to do it with Unnie or Oppa because they already picked the rightful partners.


Huh. If I should know, Dad said yes to the engagement because it will be a good boost on his image and he knows the power Uncle Jung holds in the assembly. Smart move for my siblings suggesting it to him, they will never have to face the President's annoying matchmaking face.


It's a good deal for him if he gets to marry me to a family with good standing and net worth. After his presidency, he will be given a chance to serve on the board and also a chance to tie up with our own company that is being managed by my uncles.


Why don't he just retire in an island off the coast of Australia and be with his mistress?! Then Mom can start her practice again? Maybe open her own clinic and do what she loves.


Mom was a licensed and highly respected Neuropsychiatrist that dropped everything when father decided that he wants to become the leader of our nation. Being the wife of an ambitious assemblyman there's nothing else she can do.


Her side of the family is rich, my Grandfather owns a big pharmaceutical corporation that has international headquarters in Europe and North America, even China. They financed Dad's candidacy of course in exchange of favors and he brought home the bacon. He won and is now two years away on his term.


I was in San Francisco back then when he announced his candidacy and won. He summoned me to go home so I can attend the proclamation festivities. I said no, because I don't have any role on whatever he is doing. I don't want to stand in front of the whole nation and make them believe we are one happy perfect family.


It was momentarily picked up by the media on why the youngest and gifted surgeon daughter wasn't present in the inauguration. They released a statement saying 'I was dying to fly home but because of the demand of my fellowship, I cannot go'. That the President sorely misses his youngest daughter and was sad I didn't get to see him be proclaimed.


His staff released an official statement coming from me 'congratulating my father and wishing him the best. Asking the Korean nation to support him all the way on his task to give a better and fair service to our nation.' How pathetic. I wasn't even informed I was going to release a statement. I could have written a 3 page essay and not that crappy message.


What's funny is I was just at my dorm eating pizza while watching his inauguration online. I nagged Yun-ho Oppa about the statement they released and he laughed saying he didn't know about it.


"You know what Byul, I wish I wasn't the President's daughter..." She turned her seat to face me and leaned back on her chair still sipping her drink.


"The right statement Doc is, 'I wish the President didn't win the election so I won't be the President's daughter'." Fair enough, she's right.


I doodled on the paper on my table sighing. "All those stupid protocols and state dinners. I'm living a quiet life... Unnie and Oppa has assumed the responsibilities that is required being the daughter and son of the President. They attend official appearances and wherever function they're invited. I'm just thankful they told me to just sit back and let them do it. I pity them, really."


Byul chuckled and gave me a kind smile "They are protecting you Doc. You said it yourself, they want you not to end up like them. So you should do what they said."


I sighed again whining "My father wants to have the Kang Pharmaceuticals as his in-laws. Do you know what it means!?" Her eyes bulge with an incredulous look on her face.


"Dr. Kang Minhyuk?! He wants you to marry that jerk?! He's a lost cause! I heard he's friends with that Pediatrician Dr. Lee , the son in-law of Chairman Park, his cousin's stupid husband. And also with that ert Dr. Kim. I heard a rumor here in the hospital that a few years ago, Dr. Lee was caught cheating by the Chairman's daughter and even went home here from Boston, pregnant, just to catch and confront his mistresses." I raised an eyebrow at her amused at her news gathering skills.


"Where did you hear that?! I've been here too just the same as you but I haven't heard that story."


"Oh you know..." She flipped her hair dramatically "Going out with those pretty nurses and receptionists hehehe..." I snickered at her and shook my head.


"And there was a rumor before that Dr. Kim was detained for a few hours in the police station for ually harassing the famous ice skater outside a restaurant. His nose was almost broken and his jewels almost a lost cause because the partner of that ice skater went ballistic at him. Tsk tsk... There was a news blackout because both parties agreed to just settle everything and they said a Restraining Order was filed against him. The bastard is lucky he's still practicing today. But I heard he already changed preferences." She wriggled her eyebrows at me playfully like she has a juicy information.


Changed preferences? I narrowed my eyes at her like asking what she is saying. She bit her lips and continued the wriggling of her brows.


Changed preferences... Does it mean...


I suddenly clapped my hands excitedly like we're some kind of gossip mongers "Omo! You mean he's into guys now!?" She nodded while having a smug smile on her face.


"Exactly my dear doctor, exactly. Someone saw him and a guy, believed to be a doctor too while watching a movie at a mall."

 

"So? They're just going to watch a movie."


"Fifty Shades of Grey." I made a funny face feigning disgust hearing the title of the movie. How.... Crappy. Sorry I just don't feel that movie. It was made for a male audience not really thinking about the female audience. At least the OST is saveable.


"Okay.... But that's not proof."


"Hand in hand walking inside the cinema..."


"Guys has some weird skinship but they still can give off that vibe or lie that they are straight. Even Peppero games are not a solid evidence in idols nowadays."


"Dr. Kim draping his arms around the short doctor while watching the movie..."


"Okayyyy..."


"Kissing..." Oh... My eyebrow raised on what I heard.


"Again skinship, but whoever told you that rumor sure has a very good detective skills. Following the two around watching a movie!?"


She waved her finger at me smiling like a devil "You haven't heard the best part Doc!"


I furrowed my eyebrows at her asking what is it.


She rolled her chair near my table and whispered audibly with a large grin on the side of . "They checked-in at some hotel in Myeongdong and checked-out after 3 hours."


My jaw dropped on what she said, shock written in my pretty face while my secretary, with a calibre in finding gossips like she's the long lost daughter of Gossip Girl, grins at me with a funny face and an 'I told you!' look.


"Wow... Well.. It's his life, we can't do anything about it. The only downsid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter