Electrodes - 7

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our second update! I'm not gonna do something angsty hehehe 😁

Hmmm.... Another update? 

 

--------

 


Krystal's POV

 

"I'm stupid Byul... So stupid.." I whine at Byul inside my office. I was reading some patient charts on my table mumbling to myself. Byul placed a cup of coffee on my table and urged me to drink it.


"Yes you are Doc, you are stupid."


I slapped my forehead trying to punish myself for saying those things to her. She's right... I'm stupid.


How stupid of me not to notice that Dr. Kang was there when I saw my tires were out of air. I asked Kim Samchon my PSS detail and he said it was Dr. Kang who did it when he checked the CCTV at the parking area. He already reported it to the Hospital Management. .


I placed the chart in my table and leaned back on my chair. I covered my face with my palm, remembering the stupid words I said.


How selfish of you....


"How can I be so stupid! Ugh!"


"Doc... Want me to record how many times you uttered the word stupid?" I glared at Byul and she returned to her work.


I didn't mean to say those words... I was annoyed when she blurted on my face how stupid I am on accepting Dr. Kang's offer to take me home. I do realize she's right, it was dangerous and I don't really personally knew the doctor. I was thinking of calling Amber and ask for help but remembering how cold she is to me for these past two months, I chickened out.


My 2 security details are just in the corner, I know they are watching me closely that's why I accepted Dr. Kang's offer. I know they followed us until I got home.


Sometimes, being a presidential daughter has its own perks and disadvantages.


Yup, my father is the President of South Korea.


That's why I'm being treated good in the hospital, that's why no one tries to give me s.


I hate it... I want to be treated as normal.


But you aren't normal.


Unnie said I should do my work and not think about the people around me. That I should just act normal like she does.


There's nothing normal about it.


That's why I hate it.


That's why I don't want to go back here in Korea and just live in San Francisco.


At least I don't have to attend those Blue House functions and parties for dignitaries my parents are hosting. With my profession, I can always say that I'm busy.


Dad wants me to live with them in Cheong Wa Dae when I arrived from San Francisco. I stayed for a week, I didn't like it. That's why I got my own apartment away from them.


How selfish of you....


Sigh.


I sounded like I'm defending that this morning. Soojung how can you be so... Ugh!


I saw the hurt that flashed on her eyes when I said those words. She was utterly hurt and it was my fault. She's right, I should know the facts first before uttering non-sense words. I really thought I was gifted. It seems I'm also stupid.


When she stood up from our table and started to walk away, my heart felt heavy. I feel like a villain most especially when I heard our colleagues cheering her up. Congratulating her on something good she did the night before.


It was when Luna and I was alone on the rooftop that I learned what happened last night. How Amber saved the life of the man who was suffering from ruptured appendicitis, the man Dr. Kang was supposed to treat but left because of me. That she didn't asked for a professional fee and even paid the expenses of the patient just so he can be saved.


That there was really a massive vehicular accident last night and Amber was there together with 2 E.R. doctors treating the victims and operated on the teenager who's now in the ICU but is already safe. If Amber wasn't there last night taking her rest at the On-call room, no one will stand up and help the ER team.


Luna scolded me for saying those careless words to Amber. She told me how Amber is so dedicated on her profession that she rarely goes home to her apartment and literally live in the On-call room near Luna's station. She was always ready for emergencies and taking shifts for other doctors when they ask for a favor.


She told me about the hole in the system of this hospital. The management favors the doctors who came from well off families that has connections. That left the big number of doctors like Amber unrecognized. She is a General Surgeon who specialises in Laparoscopic Surgery and also has certification in Surgical Critical Care and Trauma Surgery.


Amber wasn't selfish.


She was selfless.


And I feel like a useless doctor for not thinking like her. She was doing her duty as a medical practitioner not just to make money, but to save lives.


When I saw her this morning in the lounge, I long to see her smile. But I wasn't lucky because of the awkward atmosphere we had. Luna told me Dr. Kang and Amber has a history of being rivals back in their Med School days.


I miss her smile and her laugh. That day at the cereal cafe two months ago was the happiest of my life so far. She was sweet and funny, I can't forget that day.


But after that day, she avoided me. I know it because I saw her rounding in the corner when I was coming. The way she looks at me at the meetings especially the time when I caught her staring at me. She became cold again and I found out why.


Kim Samchon my PSS detail confessed to me that he talked to Amber after our friendly group date at the cereal cafe. He apologized saying that he gone too far in doing it. I understand the oldman, he knows how powerful Dad is. And Samchon knows me since I was 8, being my bodyguard since I was a kid when Dad was still an Assembly man.


He said he was just concerned about me, about my reputation. He said if Dad will find out about me seeing and acting lovey dovey with the handsome girl doctor, he will surely get fired. All I can do is sigh in frustration.


The first person I took an interest and makes me smile gone like that. So near yet so far.


As much as I want to make the first move and go to her office to talk to her, I didn't do it. I still have my pride left.


Now, I think I have to let go of that pride and apologize for saying those words to her. I was hurt when she said it was stupid of me and I realize it was true. But for Amber to hear me saying how selfish she is was unacceptable. Because I know that she knows to herself that she isn't.


"You know Doc... All you have to do is go to her office clinic and say 'I'm sorry Dr. Liu forgive me I'm so stupid..' that's all." Byul said while typing in her laptop without looking at me. "The doctor saved some lives last night and there you are saying she's selfish. Tsk tsk..."


"I'm so glad you're my secretary..." I said to her with sarcasm in my voice.


"I know Doc.. that's why you love me."


I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My hands still on my face rubbing it. I should say sorry to her...
But how?


"Go Doc, she just finished her rounds. The receptionist said she went to the rooftop a few minutes ago. Go!" Somehow Byul always manages to do things I don't tell her to do.


"How did you know?!" I raised my eyebrows at her.


"I'm chatting with the receptionist right now hehehe..." I threw a ball of paper at her direction bouncing on her head.


I grabbed my pager and cellphone putting it inside my coat pocket and spritz on a perfume on my wrist.


"How about these mountains of flowers Doc?! I feel like I'm being laid to rest!"


"You know the drill Byul..."


"Copy on that Doc! I'll call Janitor Cha!" She made a salute at me and I went outside the office walking in the hospital corridors and stopped on the elevators.


Upon climbing the stairs going to the roof top, I can hear the faint sound of a violin being played. I opened the door carefully so not to attract attention.
Amber's back greeted me standing near the edge of the building with her violin. It was the saddest tune I ever heard, like a heart breaking into pieces. I can feel the hurt and sadness on every note the violin makes while she draws the bow over the strings.

Play this...


I didn't notice a tear escaped my eyes and find out about it when it dropped on my hand. I brushed the tears on my cheeks with the back of my hand getting ready to approach Amber when she suddenly stopped playing. I heard Key's voice calling her.


"Amber... Luna said she's sorry. That Dr. Jung didn't mean what she said. You should talk to her."


I waited for her response, my hands fidgeting on my sides.


Please don't hate me...


She played with the bow on her right hand while watching the Seoul sunset.


My heart beating hard in my chest cavity.


I'm sorry Amber...


Please forgive me like how you forgave me before...


She finally spoke after a minute of silence. The words she said was as sharp as a scalpel stabbed in my heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter