Electrodes - 34

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Subscribe, comment, holler! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 

 

"Dr. Liu, Detective Kim is here to see you..." P1 announced at my office door with the detective behind him.


"Thanks P1.." he bowed at me and went out. The detective and I bowed at each other and I lead her to a seat.


"Detective Kim, I suppose you have updates about that psycho?"


She sighed and placed an envelop on the table then pushed it on my direction. "You have to see this. These are snap shots of the CCTV camera at Dr. Lee's apartment."


I took the envelop and opened it revealing some shots where a guy wearing black overalls went under the hood of Uncle Sooman's car. It's the psycho again and looks like he's doing some under the car.


"This was taken 2 days before the incident. We checked with the service center where your uncle brought the car for repair and they said the parts to be fix in the car was unusual... Like it was intentional. Your uncle was informed about it and told them to fix the car immediately."


Could it be that uncle sense that something will happen?


"Kang knows that the parking space beside mine is uncle's. It's possible that he intentionally did that to uncle's car so the spot will be vacant. So he will be able to use it and do his evil plan. The sick part here is, how did he got in? The parking has some guards! They know that Kang is not allowed anywhere within the vicinity as ordered by the Chairman himself."


His picture is posted at every entry point of the hospital. Is someone helping him?


"We already invited the security guards on duty that day. The guy on duty in that very spot was a newbie, he admitted to being paid by Kang so he can enter the vicinity. We are holding him now for further investigation."


I leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes. It's been 3 months since the accident. He's playing hide and seek... He continues on sending letters to Soojung through all forms and my wife sometimes is having nightmares. I wanna punch him to pulp when we meet.


"Detective... I know it will be hard to get him. His parents won't even cooperate even though the President ordered a thorough investigation. Is it even possible to have a shoot to kill order just to get him?!" That psycho is making me a sinner.


"Don't worry Dr. Liu... Even if there's no order like that, I intend to do so." She played with her pen and took a deep breath. "I have a friend before back in my college days. She was just a regular student... pretty and kind. She was like a younger sister to me...but one day her life was taken away by a guy who we found out was stalking her the whole time. The guy was from a rich family. She was and her body was left in a basement with signs of torture. She never got the justice she deserves because the family of the guy paid the prosecution to just dismiss the case. Her family was just an ordinary working class... all they can do is accept it and the money that family gave. Do you know what happened to that ?"


I can see the sadness and hatred in her eyes. I shook my head but urge her to go on because she needs to vent it out.


"He's the ing CEO of their company now! A ing CEO! That psycho who did that to my friend is at large and living his life! While my friend is rotting six feet below the ground with her dreams buried with her! That's why I told myself, I'm going to do everything just to solve this case and catch that psycho Kang Minhyuk. I don't want this case to end up like my friend's case... I won't let those rich kid psycho s get out of their crimes smiling like they own the world."


Sometimes life is really unfair. We were deceived, especially the President, by his family that Kang is already tucked away in an institution. If this didn't happened to Uncle Sooman, we wouldn't know he was at large. And very near to us.

 

----------

 

That night, as Soojung and I are lying on our bed, my mind was full of things that I should do about the case that I didn't even notice my wife was dropping hints on me. I didn't even notice how nice she smell and how y she is that night when she crawled beside me.


I was too caught up thinking on what Kang is planning to do again that I didn't notice her annoyed stare because I didn't even spare a glance on what she's wearing.


I only noticed the she was just wearing an oversized shirt without anything inside when we woke up in the morning. And her being cold to me.


"Good morning babe~.." I kissed her nape while spooning her. What an idiot I am for not noticing her last night. I should take my mind off that case... It's taking a toll on me.


"Hmmm...."


"Hey... Bad sleep?"


"I don't know... You tell me." Oh. I think she's still annoyed.


She sat up in the bed and God she look so amazing.... Her body is amazing... My white oversize shirt draping on her body making my breath hitched especially when she raised her arm to tie her hair. She wasn't wearing anything inside... ..


How can you be so stupid Amber!!


"I'm going to shower."


"Me too! Aww!" She pushed me roughly on the bed when I was trying to get up and stared coldly at me.


"Stay."


"But--"


"What did I say?"


Like a reprimanded puppy I pouted at her and answered. "Stay.."


"Good."


Don't stay you idiot! Follow her and make up for your stupidity!


She stood up from the bed and man... My jaw just dropped. How can I not notice that last night!? And those hips..oh God those swinging hips! She's making me crazy!


I tried to follow her but was met with those cold eyes freezing me.


"What did I say a while ago Amber?"


"S-stay..."


"So why are you following me?"


"Babe~... Don't be like this.. come on, I'm sorry.. I'm just a little preoccupied last night..."


She sighed and looked at me disappointedly. "Then that's not my problem Am. You're too busy thinking about the case and Kang Minhyuk that you don't even bother to think about me!"


"Soojung! I am thinking about you! All I want is for you to be safe and that's why I'm always preoccupied with thoughts on how to keep you away from harm. This is all for you!"


"I know Am! But I need my wife..." A tear escaped her eye making me move and go to her side but she stopped me. "You're not yourself anymore after what happened. All you do is think about that case and that psycho... You're too preoccupied to even notice that you forgot about Mama Liu's birthday! Am... It's her birthday yesterday..." Oh . I'm screwed...


She's right... I'm not myself anymore. I totally got lost thinking on that nutcase that I forgot to be who I am. I have to make up for it and stop what I'm doing... If this continues, I don't know what will happen to me. I don't wanna lose her.


"I'm sorry babe... Let me make up to it.. I'm really sorry.."


She nodded her head but she's not looking at me. Sigh...


"I'm sorry too Am... Just... L-let me be for now. I'm sorry for being s-selfish...don't mind me." She brushed away the tears on her eyes and went inside our bathroom leaving me at the door just standing there and thinking about how stupid I am to make my wife cry.


Even at breakfast, she was still cold to me even though she placed food on my plate like she always do. Mom and Dad was looking at us wondering what's happening. I just smiled at them apologetically and ate my food when she said "Eat." Even Yuri and Jessica who is due this month cringe when they heard how cold her voice is.


Cheong Wa Dae was freezing cold this morning because of Soojung. Even inside the car while we're heading to the hospital, the atmosphere was cold. P1 and Samchon was quiet and only talk when needed.


"Babe, I have a surgery later then after that I'm free. Do you want to watch a movie?"


"No." Errr.. blocked.


"O-okay.... How about we have dinner? Let's go to that Barbecue House. You said last week you want to eat beef--"


"That was last week, you're already late. Luna and I already went there with Key and ate all the beef I can eat." She said while looking out of the window. Amber you idiot!


"Jeongmal?... Haha... You didn't tell me.. I could have joined you." What the hell was I doing that day??!


She turned to me with a blank face and man I am scared! "I asked you first but you said you have to meet Detective Kim at the Station. You told me to ask Luna and Key instead and even told me you'll follow."


She really is annoyed and mad at me now for being a complete idiot.


"O-oh..."


"I was waiting for you but you didn't arrive. When I went home, you were already in our bed snoring."


I'm totally getting killed by my own wife in a matter of minutes, hours, or days.


"We're here Dr. Jung, Dr. Liu." Samchon announced and went out of the car to open our door. I went out first and Samchon was shaking his head in me clicking his tongue. What??!


I was going to help her get out by offering my hand but she didn't take it and just went out by herself. Blocked again.


Sigh. I just took her bag from Samchon and carried it with P1 and P2 accompanying us going inside. The two were throwing glances at me that says 'Whipped' that all I can do is glare at them and make faces.


Nurses and interns were greeting us while we're walking in the corridors. We greet them back and reached the door of her office. She opened the door and I was also going to follow her when she blocked me and took her bag on my hands.


"Aren't you going to invite me inside?"


"No need... Just go to your office and start your day. I can manage Dr. Liu..."


"Soojung...are you still mad at me?"


"I'm not mad Dr. Liu... Just... disappointed." She smiled at me but it didn't even reached her eyes. "Just let me be today and do your surgery.. don't let it affect you, arasso? Gwenchana..."she said while her thumb caressed my cheek.


"I love you Soojung..."


She closed the door and left me standing there.


Not even a kiss and I love you!?


I really ed up, did I?


"You can do it Dr. Liu!"


"Fighting!"


P1 and P2 cheered for me raising their fist, and all I can do is ruffle my hair in frustration.


Soojung-ahhhhhhhhhh!!!


Mianhe~...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter