Electrodes - 3

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for today! Hope you like it, and please do listen to the music I incorporated in here so you will know what Dr. Liu feels. 

Thank you to all our subscribers and to those who upvoted the story thank you very much! 

Peace yow! ✌

-------

 

 

 

 

A week passed and I'm still thinking about that Dr. Jung. She invaded my mind every ing moment I try to sleep. I try not to go on her floor again so I won't see her or else I'm going to look stupid again. I might embarass myself again.


And yes, I consulted a Cardiologist a day after that meeting, Dr. Lee Sooman, and told him about the irregular heartbeats I felt. The kind Cardiologist was smirking the whole time when I narrated to him how my heart beated irregularly.

 


"Dr. Liu... May I ask you a question?"


"Yes Doc... What is it?"


"You told me it occurred when our meeting yesterday started, right?"


I nodded at him like a good kid I am.


"Tell me honestly Amber... Did your heart skipped a beat because you saw the new doctor?" I don't know what to answer. It's embarassing!


"That's not the point Doc..."


"Because you saw how beautiful she is and how she smiles. Don't tell me your knees turned jelly that's why your arse hit the floor. I saw you and her bumping foreheads..."


"Doc you're talking non-sense.." I sniggered at him.


"You also went out of the room hurriedly and she followed you..."


"It's nothing..." I waved at him like it's nothing special.


"Answer me Josephine!" The cards are thrown. It's uncle mode now not Doctor mode. I cringe on the name dropping making my stomach churn.


"Uncle! Don't call me Josephine when we're at work!"


"I am at work, you are my patient asking for consultation so I have the right to call you on your name... Josephine.." Uncle Sooman wriggled his eyebrows playfully teasing me.


Dr. Lee Sooman or Uncle Sooman is my Dad's best friend. He's the reason why I had my residency here in Yong-ganham and continued on working here.


He's my second father, taking care of me when I was in Med School. A top notch Cardiologist and a kind man, he never got married. He said he's married to his profession and he dedicated his life to help and save lives. He's my idol.


"Uncle! Just do an ECG test!" I ruffled my hair in annoyance. He smacked my head playfully, laughing.


"Yah! Yah! Come here and I'll check it first with my stethoscope.." he checked my heart beat and nodded. "Nothings wrong, its beating normally..." He checked my pulse and after a minute he nodded again. "You're normal. Nothings wrong Josephine. You're just being exaggerated Dr. Liu."


"But Uncle! I really felt it yesterday and it's scary. What if I have some unknown heart disease! Just do an ECG test come on. I'll only stop bothering you if we do that." He scratched his head smiling at me. "You really are your father's daughter. I'm telling you Josephine, maybe you're just in-love with Dr. Jung. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw her yesterday."


"Uncle! I'm not in-love or it doesn't mean anything! Come on Uncle... Talk like a Cardiologist not a radio DJ giving love advices." Liar. You just don't want to admit to yourself that you kinda have a crush on Dr. Jung...

 

29 years old and having crushes. How pathetic Dr. Liu.

 


He stared at me intently trying to read what's on my mind. Looking straight to my eyes making me conscious. He smirked at me narrowing his eyes, making me gulp. What now uncle?


He held his chin with his index and middle fingers making a thinking pose while staring at me. "So let me get this straight Josephine, you're here for consultation about your irregular heartbeats yesterday. Which you experienced for the first time, when the meeting started. You're telling me it's not because of Dr. Jung but you are thinking that it might be a disease."


"Yes, yes, and yes Uncle!" Liar. Stupid Llama.


He stood up and went to his table and pressed the call button on his speaker phone. "This is Dr. Lee... Please prepare the ECG room, Dr. Liu will have the test in 10 minutes. Yes just the Resting ECG. Okay thank you very much.." he ended the call and leaned back on the edge of his table crossing his arms on me. "You're a liar Josephine... I'm going to prove that you have a thing on Dr. Jung. I know you..."


I shook my head hiding my smile. It's too early to tell and if it's true, I don't have the time to entertain that kind of feeling right now. I have myself, I don't want to make my life complicated.


"Follow me Josephine and I'm going to make you eat your words. Big Time... Kaboom!!" He made a kaboom sound with matching hand gestures startling me. This oldman is really something.


We went out of his office and proceeded to the ECG room. He left me to change into a hospital gown in the changing room and sat on the bed. I was whistling while waiting for the old man. He's gone for a total of five minutes! The test duration is just 5-10 minutes...


Where did that old man go?!


Aa if he heard me, he entered the room with a bright smile on his face and went to me. "Ready Josephine?" I snorted at him poking his arm.


"Just do it doc... So I can go back to my office and do my rounds" he picked the electrodes on the table and attached all of it to my chest and limbs. I laid still on the bed then he started the machine, closing my eyes and humming Chopin's Nocturne No.20 inside my mind.


I heard the door opened but I didn't mind it at all... Maybe a nurse he called to assist.


"Hmmm.... Seems normal, your heartbeats are normal. I don't see any abnormalities here Dr. Liu." It was halfway done when I heard him say those findings. Maybe I'm just really exaggerating, not believing myself.


"Then that's good Uncle--"


"Dr. Lee... Can I see the print out?"


My heart suddenly skipped a beat when a sweet voice suddenly spoke beside me giving me the reason to open my eyes.


"It seems normal Dr. Lee... But wait... What's happening?!" I stared wide eyed at the angel beside me having a worried face, eyebrows furrowed while reading the ECG print out on her hands.

 


.


"I know Dr. Jung... A few minutes ago it wasn't like that.." Uncle Sooman gave me a secret smirk and merong. I furrowed my eyebrows at him protesting but I have to go finish this test first.


Oh God... She's so close.. I think I'm getting dizzy just by smelling that scent from her body. Im having shortness of breath just by looking at That face...


I can hear Mozart's Symphony #40 playing on my mind while looking at her.


"Dr. Liu..." Oh... She knows my name.. actually my last name.

 

Want it to be your last name cutie? 

 

. I'm going crazy.

 

I stared stupidly at her not finding the right words to say. "This will be done... Hold on.. Dr. Lee this is really strange." Of course the waves in the monitor went crazy when I heard her voice, let alone be close to her with her scent lingering inside my nose.


I'm going crazy.


I have to get out!


Must not get close!


"I...I..need to go.." I sat up on the bed and pulled the electrodes attached on my skin one by one making me cringe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter