Electrodes - 6

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! We got updates for today! Yes you read it right, updates.. Double? Hmmm....

Last chapters were all cheesy cringe so why don't I introduce the phase where they started being enemies. Game? 

Thank you to all our subscribers! And to those who upvoted thank you very much! 

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Peace yow! ✌

--------

 

 

 


Amber's POV


I know, our third meeting was cute and kinda feels like we're back to being teenagers again and everything was nice. After that falling and bumping foreheads in the café, the four of us stayed there just talking.


Talking about work, and everything under the sun. Observing her, I find that she's pretty interesting whenever she will bring her hands together or tilt her head to the side while thinking before saying what she has on her mind.


I heard from Uncle Sooman that Dr. Jung was some kind of a gifted child since she was a kid. I don't now where he got that information but behind that being gifted, I can see that Dr. Krystal Soo Jung was a funny, sweet, and kind person who looks awkward at meeting new people at first but is warm.


But still... Although I felt all the rushing feelings inside me and it was a refreshing change in my once dull medical life, there's a possibility that we can't. 


I want to see her smiles everyday but... We can't.


She's a Jung.


Our day ended good on that cereal cafe, cute and all smiles. We exchanged numbers and a few good laughs. Few hours after parting, a black sedan pulls up in front of me and some ahjussi wearing a black suit went out the car and invited me inside the vehicle. I can't do anything since they look like authority especially when he showed me his ID.


I wasn't nervous, I just didn't expect something like that would occur. They reminded me of who she is, and how I shouldn't get involve with her. He said he saw what happened at the cafe. The ahjussi in the blacksuit isn't rude, he's just merely reminding me on where I stand. He said it was all work for him I hope I understand. It's for my own safety he said.


So all of that good feeling the two of us felt earlier that day has gone to waste. I can't, we can't. She's a Jung, I'm just a Liu. She has a reputation to protect for her family and it's good that Mr. Blacksuit waved the yellow card on me early.


The day after that and the following days ahead, I avoided her. It's not that hard to avoid Dr. Jung since we work on different floors and my operation schedules vary depending on my patients.


When I do my rounds I make sure not to bump into her. In my free time I stay at the On-call room near Luna's station. The only chance I get to marvel at her beauty once in a while is on our weekly hospital meetings. I just take glances at her and once she turns, I look on something else or pretend to be engrossed on what the President of the hospital is talking about.


She caught me once and I saw her smile at me but I returned it with a blank look confusing her. I wanted to tell her I'm sorry for my actions, I wanna tell her I'm sorry if I didn't text her like I promised but I simply can't...


I like her. I adore her. I wanted to be close to her and feel her warmth and radiant smile. I want to listen to her talk all day and night about the surgeries she performed and how many times Fluffy the puppy tried to bite her secretary.


But everytime I think of it, I was always reminded by my duty. My purpose on why I became a surgeon.


But she is a distraction I wanted in my quiet life.


I want her in my life.


I'm just a coward hiding behind my motto.


She has been constantly running on my mind every single ing night since we met. I've fallen in front of her 3 times and I will again if given a chance.. How can you be so fond of someone you just met? 

 

Its been what? Two months since we talked? We haven't talk after that cereal cafe meeting. Even though I have the urge to go to her office and talk to her, explain my side I simply can't bring the words out of my mouth.


"Doc, let me get this straight. You like her but you can't be with her. Because you're afraid it will cause a ruckus because she's a Jung." Key asked me one night while we're in the rooftop of the hospital hanging out. One of the places I visit when I want to think and just play my violin.


"Yes.. I don't want to be the cause of any unpleasant news about her in this hospital."


"You know, I don't know how you became a surgeon with that kind of thinking!" He snorted at me laughing. I threw a gummy bear at his direction which he caught with his mouth. I tried to hit him with my violin but I changed my mind. It's too precious to waste on Key.


"Stupid.."


"You are the stupid one! You want her! You like her! You said you can't be with her romantically because she's a Jung! Then be friends with a Jung! That way, no one will suspect anything on her. Look at Dr. Kwon..." I remembered my friend Dr. Kwon Yuri and her friend Dr. Jessica Jung, Krystal's older sister.


Yuri said they've been friends since they were in High School. Dr. Kwon came from a highly respected family, second in command on this country.


Yes, you heard it right. Second in command.


Her father is the Prime Minister of South Korea.


But she's humble enough not to tell it out all over the hospital. She has 3 Security details for her protection that are strategically placed inside the hospital for her to work quietly.


"It's been two months Key, all I give her when we see each other at weekly meetings are cold and blank stares. I bet she hates me now..." I took a handful of gummy bears bringing it to my mouth. "She glared at me one time when she caught me stealing a glance! But she still look so..."


"So mesmerizing?"


I nodded at him and heaving a sigh.


those blacksuit guys who threatened me, because I stupidly believed them.


"Look, you want to be near her?" I nodded at Key almost choking on the amount of the gummy treats in my mouth. I'm trying to kill myself because of stupidity. Death by gummy bears.


"Yes... "


"You want to be her friend?"


"Yes..."


"Then I have an idea..." His eyes were twinkling with a lot of bad ideas running inside his head.

 

-------

 

Morning came and I have just arrived to the hospital to meet Key for breakfast. I went inside the lounge and saw Key on a table with Nurse Luna sipping her coffee. I waved at them smiling.


"Hi Dr. Liu! How's life?" I snickered at what Luna said bumping her shoulders playfully. She has been a good friend of mine too since I started my residency here. Her boyfriend is a nurse too at the other hospital.


"Good morning Lun... How's your patients?" I took a cookie on her plate and devoured it.


"Oh, they're okay. They're all alive thanks to all of you doctors.. It was a good job you did last night Dr. Liu... You really are an angel."


"Yah! You should thank me too!" Key hissed at her with a proud face. I fumbled on my coat pocket and got my pack of gummy bears. I opened it and started to eat much to the amuse of Luna.


"That's your breakfast?! You never changed! Ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter