Electrodes - 5

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for today? Here you go! 

 

--------

 

 


"Paging Dr. Krystal Jung, please proceed to the nurse's station of the Cardiology Department..." That's strange...


I was walking in the corridor of the hospital going to my newly prepared office when I heard the page. Is it an emergency?


Been here for 24 hours and there's already an emergency?


I hurriedly went inside my office and was greeted by Moon Byulyi, my personal secretary who also agreed to be my secretary here in the hospital. What can I do? This girl is clingy.


Why do I have a personal secretary? That's a secret.


"Oh, hey Doc! A call just got in, Dr. Lee Sooman from the Cardiology Department is looking for you. He says it's an urgent matter..." She said while reading her notes and tapping her pen on the keyboard of her laptop "He said... It's an urgent matter concerning a patient with irregular heartbeats and he needs your intellectual suggestions."


My right eyebrow raised on what Byul said. I try to remember Dr. Lee's face on my mind from yesterday.. oh.. the kind doctor with a smiling face, Dr. Lee Sooman the Cardiologist.


"Where's his office by the way?" I asked her while checking my phone. I'll be meeting Luna in 30 minutes for a break and a chit chat on what's going on in this hospital.


"3rd floor Doc, but secretary said meet him in ECG room ASAP because the patient is there." ECG room is on 3rd floor too right.


"Okay... I'll see you later Byul." I waved goodbye at her and she gave me an ok sign.

 

Upon reaching the 3rd floor, I went straight to the nurse station and saw Dr. Lee waiting for me there. He has this big smile on his face when he saw me, a fatherly smile. I think he'll be one of my friends on this hospital.


"Dr. Jung, thank you for coming!" I bowed at him with a smile greeting him too.


"It's a pleasure Dr. Lee... I was surprised when one of the hospital's top Cardiologist asked for my presence. Is there any problem Dr. Lee?"


He scratched his neck smiling "My patient is inside the ECG room. Complained of irregular heart beats, and only occurred for the first time yesterday. No family history of heart disease.. I want you to see the results and help me analyze it. I want some fresh outlook from a great doctor like you." I blushed on Dr. Lee's statement.


His words are sincere and not like those other doctors I met yesterday who's just sweet talking to me because I'm a Jung or because they want to get my attention.


"That's very nice of you to say sunbaenim.." I laughed shyly covering my mouth with my hand.


"You are a great doctor! The brightest of your age! I'm glad you chose to be part of this hospital. So, shall we see the patient Dr. Jung?" I nodded at him and smiled like a kid. There's something in Dr. Lee's smile... Like he's excited..


"Follow me Dr. Jung... By the way, how's your first day?"


Oh... I just saw my future but I was turned down. Sigh.


I wish I'll see my future again...


"It was okay... I met a lot of fellow doctors and some of the Board. But I haven't really seen the whole place."


"Don't worry, you'll get use to it. Oh, here we are.." he opened the room when my phone rang and saw Byul calling.


"I'll just take this call fast sunbaenim, I'll follow inside. Excuse me..." I smiled at him and he nodded saying Okay with a grin. He went inside and i was left with the phone on my ears. I heard him say 'Ready Josephine?' to the patient'....


Byul's loud voice boomed on my ears. Aiish...


"Doc! Your sister came and was looking for you! I told her you're in 3rd floor with Dr. Lee. She might go there FYI.."


"You don't have to shout Moon Byulyi! I can hear you clearly!" I hissed at her. "You're going to make me deaf by the end of this month! Lessen that energy drink you always sip on your tumbler and change it to orange juice! Just text me, okay?" I didn't wait for her to answer and ended the call. Even if she's a little hyper and sometimes a nagger, she's the best secretary.


I entered the room and saw the machine was already started by Dr. Lee. But who I saw lying on the bed made me smile...


Lying there was the person who distracted me yesterday... Face so solemn while having an ECG test. I raised my eyebrow at Dr. Lee, wondering why Dr. Liu is lying there. He just smiled and winked at me then made a 'Ssh' sign on his mouth with his index finger.


Josephine....


Dr. Lee called Dr. Liu, Josephine!?


Does it mean...


I looked wide eyed at Dr. Lee asking for confirmation, mouthing 'Josephine' on him. He nodded, and i don't know why but I still won't believe him.


This fine specimen lying in front of me just wearing a hospital gown as a top is a girl!?


Why am I feeling good about this?


I was just staring at her face analyzing it... Her nose, it's cute. Her eyebrows... Her jaw, Oh God! Her purse lips... I can't help myself but bite my lips unconsciously just by looking at those kissable lips.


Damn... Josephine doesn't suit her. She's more good looking than those doctors bugging me yesterday and this morning. A two syllable name suits this cute llama more... I didn't know I was smiling while studying her.


I felt a nudge on my arm and turned to see Dr. Lee grinning at me. I turned serious and blushed out of embarassment, obviously he saw me gawking at his 'patient'. I busied myself checking the monitor of the machine just to show him I'm not interested. 


"Hmmm.... Seems normal, your heartbeats are normal. I don't see any abnormalities here Dr. Liu." He said while looking at the monitor too but still grinning.


"Then that's good Uncle--"


Gosh... That husky voice... I was replaying it on my mind last night with Fluffy beside me playing with his toy. I think my puppy got tired listening because he fell asleep beside me while I'm narrating to him how enigmatic Dr. Liu's voice is. I thought I'll never hear it again...


Must not be obvious Soojung... Dr. Lee is watching you. Be professional.


"Dr. Lee... Can I see the print out?"


He gave it to me smiling making me gulp. Am I really that obvious when it comes to this kind of situations?


I checked the ECG print out of Dr. Liu and saw that it's normal. Hmmmm....


"It seems normal Dr. Lee... But wait... What's happening?" My face showed worry while reading the ECG print out on my hands.


Did her heart just skipped a beat?!


I took a side glance at her and saw her eyes wide looking back at me. Are you okay Dr. Liu?!


"I know Dr. Jung... A few minutes ago it wasn't like that.." I heard Dr. Lee answered and I saw Dr. Liu's eyebrows furrowing. Is she snobbing me again?


This is serious. But Dr. Lee said their family has no history of heart disease. Maybe this is random... Her ECG results shows her heart is restless right now. This is really strange...


It was in normal sinus rhythm minutes ago...


What triggered the PVC?


"Dr. Liu.." she was just staring at me and I was being distracted by those beautiful eyes. Get a hold of yourself Soojung.... You're at work.. "This will be done... Hold on.. Dr. Lee this is really strange." The waves in the monitor went crazy making me more worried at her. I was looking at the results and back at her when I saw her face and ears going beet red.


Is she... Does it...


No... That's impossible. She's snobbing me yesterday...


But she was really adorable yesterday trying to be cold and all.


Oh my God.


She was still blushing madly. And she look so adorable! If Dr. Lee is not here I could have given her a hug to pacify that beating heart.


"I...I..need to go.." she suddenly sat up on the bed making me confuse and pulled the electrodes attached on her skin one by one.


No! Just wait a little Dr. Liu! I have to determine what's happening with you!


I don't know why I held her hands to halt her from pulling the patches. I should just let her but I didn't, her hands was soft and strong. Her skin was soft... And...

 

She's not wearing anything inside.

 


My hand accidentally brushes on her small humps. My eyes darting on her stomach seeing those perfect abs making the hair in my nape raise.


Soojung!!! She's a patient!!! You've seen a lot of bodies before and touched it too due to your profession. This is the first time you're tongue tied and flushed seeing and touching this smooth skin. Our eyes met and I see embarassment on it when my eyes turned wide.


"But the..t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter