Electrodes - 24

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Early update for today! 

Let's hear from the President.

Peace yow! ✌

------

 

 

"Mr. President...." The Chief of Staff bowed from the door and entered the President's office. On his hand is a folder containing the information his boss ordered him to get. It was what Kim sent to him, and he also double checked all of it.


He can't possibly find anything negative about the young doctor. No parking tickets, no criminal records, pays her taxes right, all her qualifications are outstanding. A decent and hardworking person, being respected by her colleagues in Yong-ganham.


They only have good words and high praises for the young surgeon, she is well loved in that institution. All her immigration papers are all unquestionable and if she applies for citizenship there's a possibility that she'll be accepted.


Maybe it's because of being too close with the younger Jung, and being different. But that's life, he thought.


He placed the folder in front of the President and stepped back, then started his report. The leader opened the folder and revealed documents with Amber's photo and license certificate.


"Dr. Amber Josephine Liu, 29, and has been living here in Korea since she was 3 years old. Born in Los Angeles, California to a Taiwanese immigrant couple. Father is Mr. Frank Liu, serves as a Senior Executive at the Los Angeles hub of Song Corporation. Mother is Mrs. Ann Liu, a housewife. She has one older sister, Jacqueline Liu, a travel writer and contributor for a magazine. They came here to Korea when Mr. Liu was given a chance by the Song Corporation to serve as one of the executives who helped the company when it was facing a major economic downfall. The elder Liu helped the company a whole lot, making him a close confidante of Chairman Song. When he decided to retire, the company offered him a position to head the branch in Los Angeles, even giving him a beach house where they are currently residing."


The leader nodded his head absorbing all the information reported to him. He flipped the pages and saw the copy of the young surgeon's transcript at Medical School.


"She finished her studies in Yonsei, top of her class. Even topped the licensure examination for doctors, getting the highest score ever in history. General Surgery, specializing in Laparoscopic Surgery. It was said that she gives free surgery for those patients who are in need, even paying for their hospitalization sometimes. I interviewed a few of those said patients and it was true, especially a case of this old man who was sent to the Emergency Room of Yong-gangham because of a ruptured appendix."


"What happened to the patient?"


"The nurses said the attending doctor that was supposed to operate the patient left them upon learning that he was just a street peddler. The hospital has a policy of not giving treatment to a patient if they don't have money to pay for it. The patient waited for half an hour before being given with professional care. It was said that they called Dr. Liu, as always because she's readily available on that kind of situations. She saved the man's life and even paid for his hospitalization and follow up check-up."


"Who was the doctor that was supposed to do the operation?" The leader took a good look at the young surgeon's credentials reading it, impressed of what he is seeing.


His eyebrow twitched upon hearing who it is.


"It was Dr. Kang Minhyuk, Mr. President. It was said that Dr. Kang left his post that night even though he knew that a patient needs care. Checking with records, I found out that Dr. Jung has filed a report on the hospital management and the police regarding the disturbance Dr. Kang made to your daughter."


"What was that?! No one told me about it! What happened?!" He pounded his fist on the table. It's her daughter's safety that is at stake on this. Why didn't they told him about it? What the use of being the President of this land if he can't protect his own daughter, even if she's a pain in the sometimes.


"The report said that Dr. Kang Minhyuk purposely stabbed the car tires of Dr. Jung's private car that she was using before when she started at the hospital. It was shown on the CCTV footage that was submitted to the authorities. It was a tactic from the doctor, he left his post because he knows your daughter's shift was ending and waited for the moment when Dr. Jung saw the flat tires. He then entered the scene and purposely offered a ride to your daughter, she accepted it and was drove to her apartment with her security details trailing them. P1 and P2 said there was something strange on how Dr. Kang drives that night, entering alleyways and narrow roads. Obviously wanting to lose them, but the security details has a GPS tracker on Dr. Jung that's why they still had a way of knowing where the car is going."


The President reached for a pen and scribbled some words on the paper containing Amber's profile, encircling Yonsei University with an exclamation point.


"So you mean, all this time, that bastard Dr. Kang Minhyuk has been stalking my daughter from the start?! Even leaving his work just to do his plan?. Why did no one reported this disturbance to me?! Where was the Chief of Police??"


"Sir, your daughter asked them for confidentiality. She told them not to make a big deal out of it, and she slapped Dr. Kang with a restraining order."


"A Restraining Order!? And here I am letting her seat on the table with that bastard! Why does no one tells me what's happening with my family?! I know all the things happening on this land, but here I am clueless of what's happening to my children! I don't even know where my son is for goodness' sake! He could have just said that he's gay and he doesn't want to marry Yuri! But no, he went on a disappearing act with his best friend.... Oh wait, his boyfriend!" The President massages his forehead controlling his temper. He took a deep breath and sighed, breaking the confident facade he had earlier. His face turning soft while looking at the family picture he has on the table.


He gazed at his children's face, they were smiling but the smile not reaching their eyes. They are sad, he knows they despise him. But there's nothing he can do, he has to do it for them. Look at them now, all successful in their fields.


His eldest Yun-ho already a lawyer and he has been training him to follow his lead... that was when he was still here. Now, he doesn't even know where his son has gone now. No one has been able to know his location but they said they are in the U.S.


His eldest daughter, Sooyeon, an Anesthesiologist. He knows sending her away in Boston to study was an attempt to give her a good education.


And to take her away from Yuri.


Sooyeon and Yun-ho were always the obedient daughter and son, following all his orders without any resistance. That he is thankful for. Since they were kids, the two has been groomed to obey without asking questions.


He loves his children and he want nothing but the best for them. That's why he's doing anything for their sake, even if it means being away from them and their hearts away from him too.


He might not know about Yun-ho and Jaejoong's secret affair and that he was caught off guard and disappointed. But Sooyeon and Yuri's closeness didn't go unnoticed on him. He knew about the two, the secret they've been keeping. He was very thankful the two are keeping it to the public because it will surely ruin his and his family's reputation.


He thought it was just a phase, a phase that her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter