Electrodes - 13

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: Hey chingus! A little 'early' update for all of you tonight! Please do enjoy 😄

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Peace yow! ✌

-------


Yuri and i went on our separate ways after our talk. She said she has to meet Jessica and comfort her 'girlfriend/soon to be sister-in-law'. She said the last description with a sarcastic voice rolling her eyes.

 


I went straight to the lockers to freshen up and change into a clean scrub. Our hospital has a male and female locker rooms for the convenience of the doctors when we need to take a shower or change clothes. After that I took the elevator going to the floor of the On-call room looking for the warmth of my bed.


Luna welcomed me with a smile and a cup of coffee. She asked me how was the operation I performed and I answered her that it was successful. I just want to lay down and sleep in the bed. I haven't sleep since yesterday!


My mind drifted off to Krystal and asking myself how is she holding on. She too has been busy since this morning because of the accident. I heard from one of the scrub nurse who assisted me that the patient on the next operating room has Cardiac Tamponade.


I said goodbye to Luna and told her I'll take a nap first. She said she'll just knock on my door if I'm needed. I reached the door and was going to open it when Krystal suddenly appeared beside me reaching for the door handle too.


"Yah! Where did you came from?! You look like a sleep deprived panda!" But a cute one though... Her eyes showed exhaustion and sleepiness, black rings under it. Her hair tied in a messy bun and I noticed she already changed into a clean scrub with her white coat covering it. Possibly going to sleep here too since it's a double deck.


"I'm tired, exhausted and sleepy... Can we just bicker tomorrow Dr. Liu?!" She tried to open the door but I didn't let her. I want to know how annoyed she will be when she's sleepy. "What are you doing Dr. Liu?!"

 


"I'm tired too and sleepy Dr. Jung, that's why let me have this room first." She glared murderously at me digging her nails on my hand that's clutching the door handle. Ouch. Okay I take it back!

 

"Well same as you, I feel tired and sleepy too Dr. Liu. So please just let me enter the room and sleep now~..." She whined at me with tears on her eyes stomping her feet like a kid. Why is she crying?! I didn't do anything. .


"Yah... Why are you crying? People can see you! They'll think I'm making you cry!..." i looked around and luckily no one was there. I panicked when she started to cry silently, frustration and tiredness visible on her eyes.


"Just let me sleep Dr. Liu... I'm really exhausted... I just want to lay down for s sake!" she hissed at me and completely broke down in front of me brushing the palm of her hand on her tear streak face sniffling.

 


How can I say no to you?

 


... Bad llama

 


I pulled her body to me and gave her a hug rubbing her back, comforting her. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... stop crying now..." My other hand patting her head to calm her down. Looks like exhaustion took a toll on her that's why she's emotional. I wonder what happened to her patient. I tilted her face to look up to me and tried to brushed the tears away on her eyes.


"Hey... Let's go inside and just share the room. I'll sleep on the top bed, okay? " She nodded at me still sniffling. I opened the door of the room and ushered her inside to take a seat at the lower bunk. I arranged my pillows so she'll be comfortable and made her lie so she can start taking a nap.


"Sleep Dr. Liu... I know you're tired too..." She mumbled to me as I cover her body with a blanket. Then I took off her sneakers placing it at the foot of her bed. Her feet was red due to standing for long hours. I massaged her tired feet then covered it with the blanket.


"Are you going to be okay Dr. Jung?" She nodded at me and released a sigh. Before going up, I switched OFF the lights and settled in the soft light being given by the lamp on top of the bedside drawer.


Settling on the top bed, I tried to get some much needed sleep by closing my eyes and taking deep breaths. A few minutes after, I'm still awake.


Maybe because Krystal is at the bottom bed that's why I can't sleep. I heard some sniffles and a few minutes after she was crying again. I quickly got out of bed and jumped to her side checking why she is crying.


I sat on the bed beside her and saw tears running down on her cheeks. I cupped her cheeks with the palm of my hands trying to calm her down.


"Dr. Jung... Please don't cry... Ottoke... Are you okay? Do you want some water?" She shook her head trying to even her breathing. Looks like I have to do something.


"I can't... *sniff* *sniff* sleep... I want to *sniff* sleep... but I can't!..." She started to cry again looking like a dejected kid. I took off my shoes then lifted the blanket I draped over her.


Should I hug her?


You should Amber... Calm her down...


What if she thinks I'm a ert?!


You are a ert...


Whatever...


Scooting beside her on the bed, I wrapped my arms on her waist her back facing me. The space is small since it's a single size bunk bed so it's like I'm trapping her to the wall. Lying on our sides is the only way for us to fit in this bed.


"Sleep Krystal... I'll be here when you wake up. Come on... close your eyes..." I whispered at her ear and buried my face on her nape closing my eyes, and God! I can smell her intoxicating scent making me woozy. Her breathing is calm now and I can only hear a few sniffles. My hand searches for her hand and when it found what it's searching for, they locked into a tight hold tucking it at her chest.


There's this overflowing feeling I'm having in my heart right this moment. A feeling I haven't experience until now, it's like a sense of fulfillment... A sense of tranquility that I've been searching for.


If this is how it feels to sleep beside you then I want this for the rest of our lives.


I will keep you safe from harm and I will never ever gonna make you cry again.


She turned her body to face me and surprised me by giving a peck on my cheeks then stared at me with a grateful warm smile. I felt a tingle running on my spine when she kissed me even though it's just a peck. I would like to taste her luscious lips but that can wait. What's important now is sleep...


I traced the dark circles under her eyes with the tip of my finger. Sigh. You worked hard today Dr. Krystal Jung, I'll reward your hardwork later. But for now let me wrap my arms around you til we fall asleep. I caressed her cheeks lovingly and tightened my hug on her waist drawing us closer together.


"You called me Krystal..."


"Because that's your name..." I whispered with a smile tugging on the side of my lips. She rubbed her cheek on the palm of my hand like a cat asking for warmth. A sleepy smile on her face making her cute.

 

"I must be dreaming..."

 

"I'm real, this is reall."

 

"Say it again... Say my name."


"Krystal... Dduddungie~" she giggled softly pinching my nose. I caught the hand that she used to pinch my nose and brought it to my lips kissing its back then locking it with mine. "Sleep now, talk later." She pouted at me making me smile "I'll be here when you wake up. Trust me..." I dropped a lingering kiss at the tip of her nose making her blush. She nodded at me and closed her eyes, sleep finally pulling her in to Snuggle Land. Pulling her body closer to me, our legs tangled and we snuggled together under the blanket. Her soft body pressed into mine making my heart skip a beat once again. I fell asleep with my face buried on the side of her neck while she snores lightly.


Our light snores filling the room, it was the best sleep I ever had. And the longest too. We didn't know Luna even went inside the room to place a paper bag of food for the two of us. Even called Key to come and see their friends snuggling to each other like gummy worms making my diva friend squeal like an excited sea lion.


The sleep lasted for hours, the two of us still holding on to each other like it's the end of the world.

 

-------

 

I stirred from my sleep tentatively opening my eyes when I felt Krystal moving her head on my back, rubbing her face on my scrub like a puppy. Our position changed now and she's the one hugging me from behind. Her legs dangling over mine like a koala. I turned my body to face her and caught sight of how beautiful she is when asleep.


How can you be so beautiful and breathtaking even when asleep?


I was answered by a loud snore coming from the goddess beside me making me smile. Even Goddesses snores. I lifted her head and slided my left arm under it to serve as her pillow pulling her body closer until we're molded into one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter