Please, marry me!

I'm Your Man

 

Jieun POV

 

I opened my eyes and I saw Suzy was holding my hands and her eyes were swollen. I know that she cried enough when Uncle hits me a lot. I felt dizzy and hurt in my stomach area, so it took a couple of minutes for me to realize that I’m in hospital right now.

“Jieun-ah… Are you ok?” Suzy worried.

“Eung…” I replied, “Why am I here?”

“You fainted and Mrs. Jang brought you here. Are you sure that you’re ok?”

“I’m better. Don’t worry. It’s not my first time being like this,” I smiled.

“But…”

“Where’s Mrs. Jang?” I cut her words.

“She’s outside. Do you want to talk with her?” Suzy asked and I nodded. After that Suzy stood up and went outside the room.

Honestly, it was my first time in hospital and I hate it. I don’t like the smell and I feel all alone in this big room. Only TV, bed and medicines were stayed here. When I want to sit myself up, the door was opened and I saw Mrs. Jang came and smiled at me.

“How do you feel, Jieun?” she asked.

“Better. Thank you so much for helping me,” I said and she just nodded. We keep silent for a while, don’t know what should we say each other.

“Mmm… about what I’ve said before…” she began this topic.

“About marriage?” I said.

“I’m sorry it was shocking you but honestly my son has to be married soon,”

“Can I ask you something?” I was brave enough to ask this question.

“Of course,”

“Did you say that you can take me if I marry your son? It means I don’t have to live with my uncle anymore?” I bowed my head, look like a hopeless person.

“Yes, I said that.”

“It means you’ll protect me from my uncle?”

“Of course I’ll protect Wooyoung’s wife, no matter how.”

“And why did you say that to my uncle? You know, I’m not your son’s girlfriend.”

“Will you?” she replied suddenly.

“Ne?” I shocked.

“Look. I’m not a stupid person that can bring any strangers to my house. I’m not a stupid person that can lend you my coat. I’m also not a stupid person that can help you and say you’ll marry with my precious son randomly. So, I’m not playing anything with you here. What I did to you is pure from my heart. Believe it or not, I know which girl that can go along well with my son only by first sight. Now, I only need your answer. I’m not forcing you. If you don’t want, please say it. I know that you’re still young and ….”

“And what if I agree about this marriage?” I cut her words.

“Are you sure? Jieun, I’m serious for asking you. I mean you’ll marry my son for real. No agreement. No contract. You’ll marry one person only, only my son.”

“Yeah. I’m serious with my answer. I’ll learn to love your son. I’ll do anything for him. I’ll not ask him to divorce me later. I promise. As long I’m not going back to uncle’s house.” I looked at her eyes.

“I know that you are a good girl, Jieun. I was not forcing you, really. But if you said like that, I’ll arrange your marriage with son,” she smiled.

“But, I want to talk to your son first. Because it’s all about us, I think it’s not fair if he doesn’t know about this.”

“He’s outside. You want me to call him?”

“No, I’ll meet him outside.” I said while trying hard to get myself up. Mrs. Jang helped me to stand up and let me walk alone outside. When I opened the door, I saw a man stands up across the door and lean his back on the wall. He looked at me curiously.

“Jang Wooyoung?” I asked him.

“I am. Why?” he put his hands on his pocket.

“I’m Jieun. Lee Jieun.” I bowed myself to greet him. Damn, my stomach was hurting so much when I bowed.

“I know. What’s wrong?”

“Can you talk to me for a while?”

“About?” he looked at my eyes deeply.

“Your marriage.” I replied and he repositioned himself.

“Why do you care about my ….”

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I cut his words.

“What?” he looked at me surprisingly.

“Just answer me! Do you have a girlfriend or a crush?” I took my step closer to him.

“No.”

“Well, really?” I just want to make sure. If I marry him and he has a girlfriend, it will more complicate later.

“No, I don’t have one. Why?”

“Do you still think that I’m a ?” I never answer his question. I know that I have to be brave enough when I face him.

“I never thought anything about you.”

“Good. And how do you think about your Mom’s idea? Getting married soon?”

“I have to do that. And why do you care so much?”

“So, marry me! Please, marry me!” I asked while make an eyes-contact with him. I know, I’m a hopeless person right now.

 

---

 

Wooyoung POV

 

“WHAT? Are you kidding me?” I really surprised when she begged me to marry her. She looks like a beggar.

“No, I’m not. I just want to escape from my uncle. I can’t hold it anymore,”

“So, you’re took the advantage of this marriage? Tell me the truth. You can’t hold your uncle’s violence or you can’t hold your poor life?” I smirked.

“No! I’ll work at the flower shop, so your family doesn’t have to pay my cost.” She replied seriously.

“What??”

“Yeah, I’m serious. I know that I took the advantage of this marriage for escaping. But I’ll also do anything for you. You can ask me to clean your room, or you can treat me like your maid or anything! Anything, I’ll do for you. You can also have another woman. I’m ok. But please, marry me!” she begged.

I dropped my jaw. How can a person treat herself like this? Why she is not treasuring herself as a valuable person?

“How old are you?”

“I’m 19.” DAMN! She’s also underage. I’ll get some trouble later.

“You’re underage.”

“Please… I’ll be a good wife for you. I’ll do anything. Just say what should I do then I’ll do. Please, I’m begging you. You don’t have a girlfriend and you must get married soon. I’ll help you, really…” she started to cry.

I cupped my face, stress about this girl. I really don’t know what I should do. I’m clueless. Suddenly, I saw Mom was coming from Jieun’s room. She looked at me and smiled. She knows that I’m really stressful right now.

“Go inside and take a rest. I’ll talk to my Mom first,” I said coldly and I know that she doesn’t want to leave me until she gets my answer. But when she saw my Mom, she just bowed her head and go inside her room.

 

---

 

Suzy POV

 

I heard Jieun’s conversation with Wooyoung. I mean, how can Jieun being so hopeless like that? And why she never told me about this marriage? I know that she really wants to escape from her uncle, but why she must agree with this marriage? Auuhhh, Jieun… Why is your life so complicated?

I really want to talk to her, so I took my steps to go to her room when I feel someone grabbed my arm and turned me around.

“Junho…” I shocked.

“Sorry for shocking you,” he released his grasp, “but I heard what you’ve heard.”

“About Jieun?” I asked.

“Yeah. I know the end of Jieun and Wooyoung’s story. So, I’ll tell you. I know that they’ll absolutely get married,”

“How did you know?”

“The main problem is Jieun. As long as she agrees about this marriage, Mrs. Jang will arrange it for them. And Wooyoung, he has no power here. He just followed his parents.”

“So, they’ll get married for real?”

“Yeap. So that’s why I said this to you. Please, take care of your friend well. I mean, Jieun. I know what kind of person Wooyoung is. He won’t fall in love easily and he is a cold-hearted man. But Jieun, I think she’s a caring person, so she’ll get hurt if she stayed for a long time with Wooyoung.”

“And what should I do?”

“If they’re really going to married, can you please stand beside Jieun and I’ll stand beside Wooyoung? Because Wooyoung is my friend and Jieun is a good person, I just hope that they’ll get along well. Even I’m not sure that they’ll fall in love each other.” Junho said seriously.

“You know what?” I smiled at him.

“What?”

“You’re such a great friend,” I smiled and he also smiled. We look at each other until my phone is ringing. I just get my mind back and found that Taecyeon is calling me.

“Wait a minute,” I said to Junho.

“Your boyfriend?” he asked and I just nodded.

 

---

 

Wooyoung POV

 

“Mom…”

“Has she already talked to you?” Mom asked.

“Yeah. But she was kind of begging than talking.”

“Wooyoung-ah. Look at me!” my Mom said and I just looked at her.

“What, Mom?”

“Can you trust me for once? She’s the girl. She’s the girl that can get along well with you.”

“Mom, are you a fortune-teller?”

“Wooyoung, I’m serious. Please think about it. Soon.”

“Why we’re in hurry?”

“If you said that your life is dedicated to Lotte’s Group, then do this for company. You don’t know anything, Son! You don’t!”

“What thing that I don’t know about?”

“About your status! Cho’s Group will ruin Lotte World by your status!”

“What?”

“You can ask your Dad about this thing later, but please think about Jieun. I’ve already chose her, now it’s your turn.” Mom said and then she left me alone in front of Jieun’s room.

Again, I cupped my face and getting more confused about this condition. I always cup my face when I feel stress enough. Soon, Junho comes with her ear-to-ear smile.

“Stress, bro?” he smiled.

“Kind of…” I said lazily.

“You don’t have to answer it now, bro! Think about it first,”

“Yeah, I know. I’ll talk to that girl then,” I said while walked to Jieun’s room.

“What will you do after this?”

“Working,” I said and get in to Jieun’s room. I saw her lying on her bed. She suddenly sat herself up and it makes her stomach in hurt. I just stand 1 meter away from her bed, really don’t want to get closer.

“So… what are you doing here?” she asked me.

“Nothing. I just want to ask you one question,”

“Yes, please.”

“Are you sure about your decision?”

“Yes, I am.” She looked at me seriously.

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later, after you recover with your fully mind.” I said while I turn my body, ready to get out from her room.

“Wooyoung-shhi! I know that I’m too bad to be your wife, but… but…” she sighed, “forget it…”

I heard her. But I chose to left after her words.

 

 

---

I updated it earlier >,< Chapter 7... How do you think??

I'm sorry for making Jieun like a beggar... but do you like it??

I'll update soon. Commnet, Subscribe and Enjoy \(^o^)/