I am .....

I'm Your Man

---

 

“Yah, you kid! Come here!”

Great!! He must be my drunken uncle. It’s too early for him being home and too early for people being drunk. Come on, it’s still 10 AM. No one will be drunk around this time, except him. I have one word to describe what kind of person he is. Troublemaker. Yes. He does. Alcohol, loans, violence and s are his problems. How about me?? I just have one problem, yeah. My troublemaker uncle.

It would be great if Dad has no siblings like Mom. And it would be double great if my parents weren’t died early. I was two and they died. Even I don’t know how they look like. I just know that I live with Dad’s troublemaker brother for whole of my life. I’ll never be thankful for him about growing me up. Basically, I grew by myself and he just watched me growing up. I eat by my own money. I go to school by my own money. I buy anything by my own money. My uncle?? He asks money from me or asks me to make some money.

The only thing that he gave me is his house. He let me live in this house, with some payment of course. Nothing is free here. And I must say that this house is . I bet I can get a better room outside with money that I give to him. My only wish is I can get out from this house. It’s enough to live with violence, s, alcohol and the worst things around me. I just want to live normally, like some girl outside. They can hang out with their friends without worrying about go back home. Do you know?? I’ve tried to escape from this house before. But my uncle just drag me back, hit me and threatened me to not do the same thing ever or he will hit me to death. Why?? If I leave him, he’ll out of money. He was too lazy to make money, so that’s why he needs me.

Oh, have I told you about my name?? Well, my name is Lee Jieun, call me Jieun. I just graduated from Gyoul High School and I must tell you that I’m really bad in studies. My school is not a popular school but it was the cheapest school in Seoul. The students are bad, like me. But don’t take it wrong. We are bad in studies but we have ‘looks’. 80% students in my school have medium to high level of pretty. Some of them are the stupid-rich girl and some of them are smart-poor girl. Me?? I’m the stupid-poor but pretty, I admitted it. But, wait! I’m not alone in this type of girl. My best friend, Suzy is same with me. She is stupid-poor-pretty girl. The difference about me and Suzy is about parents. I don’t have any, but she has both. She is really a good friend and the most loyal person I’ve ever known. At least I have a great friend, right?

Since I was in high school, I worked in a coffee shop. But yesterday, uncle told me to resign from that job and he has a better job for me. Well, I must follow what he wants, as long as I can handle it. I bet he’ll talk about job right now.

“What’s wrong?” I said while came out from my room.

“Are you ready for this job? I’ve told my friend and he agree to take you in.” he smirked.

“Well, I’m ok. When will I start this job?”

“Tonight. Remember! Don’t you ever try to run away!” he said strictly.

 

---

 

“Aigoo, our son! What are you doing now?” my Mom came to my office without permission.

“Didn’t you see, Mom? I’m working!”

“Why you so sarcastic like that? I’m still your Mom,” she pouted.

“Mom, I have a lot of works right now.”

“But it’s a lunch time, Wooyoung! You need to get yours.”

“Later, Mom!”

“But I have something to say…” she begged.

“About what, Mom?? About marriage?? Have we talked about it before??”

“Wooyoung, you’ve did your duty as Lotte’s heir for about 3 years. A lot of girls outside want to be yours, but none of them become your girlfriend. Remember about your Dad’s healthy, Son!”

“I still not concern about that, Mom.” I said while checking the documents in front of me.

“Wooyoung, this is your Dad and my demand. Please marry by this year. Your status will change your stability in this company. Since you’ve not married yet, a lot of our competitor took a chance to losing you by your status. Please, listen to me. Not as your Mom, but as your senior in this company. You must get married by this year, as soon as possible.”

I just stopped checking the documents and started to face my Mom. I know well about this company and its competitor. But it was my first time to hear that my single status will ruin our company. Well, sometimes I heard that they said I’m a gay since I have no girlfriend. I have no girlfriend, but I’m not a gay! Just in case I have the ‘looks’ and just concern about works, it doesn’t mean that I like a man. I think as long as I keep silent and not too get into these rumors, it’ll be ok.

“Mom, I have no girlfriend and you said that I have to marry by this year?? It sounds impossible.”

“I’ll choose a girl for you!”

“Mom!!” I protested.

“So, you have a girl that I must know her about?”

I shook my head. Well, take it easy Wooyoung! It just a marriage. Just in case you want to save this company.

“Great! So, you agree about my plan, right??”

“Well….” I said hesitantly.

“Ok. Trust me, Son! I won’t choose a girl that you won’t to love.” she smiled and leaved me alone in my office.

Well, I’m the only heir of Lotte Group, Jang Wooyoung. Call me Wooyoung, that’s enough. All of our employees call me Mr. Jang. I’ve did my duty as the heir for about 3 years since my Dad’s health is not really good. He has high blood pressure and doctor said that it will be better for him to stay at home. I took this duty when I was 21. I’m not in force to take this duty, it’s my pleasure to save the company that my Grandpa’s built with his own hand.

I study really hard to standardized myself with this company. I got my Bachelor’s degree in Project Management. I’m a fast learner but not a nerd. Busy with work and some stuff doesn’t mean that I can’t do some things that I like. I usually go out with Junho, my friend from Seoul High School. He is a son of our company’s partner, Shim Group. He can balance me with his playful behavior. I bet he’ll laugh at me if he knows about my stupid marriage.

 

---

 

“What time you’re off??” I asked him by phone.

“At 7PM, I think. I had a lot of things to do,” he replied.

“Mmm… Pity you, so we can’t meet today??”

“I think so. I’m sorry…”

“No, it’s ok. I’m totally ok. I just missing you,” I smiled.

“Me too. I promise that I’ll go to your shop tomorrow, ok?”

“Really?? Ok, see you tomorrow then,”

“Ok, bye…”

He is my boyfriend. His name is Taecyeon. He became my boyfriend since we’re in first grade of High School. He is the only man I love beside my Dad. Our relationship is already more than 3 years. We never fight before. Because I’m loyal to him and he is loyal to me. I keep myself to be loyal person. No cheating, of course. Because cheating with others is really painful for someone who’s loving you.

So, I’m Suzy. I have a lot of grateful things. My job as a florist, my parents, my best friend Jieun, my boyfriend Teacyeon and my pretty face (maybe), haha. But the only thing that I don’t have is money. My family has a lot of loans and I have to work to help my parent with those loans. I promise that I’ll make my parents happy and let them off from those loans.

 

---

 

“Mom, I go!”

“Where?” she replied sarcastically.

“Some place, Mom!”

“Junho, please take care of your future!”

“I will, Mom!” I said while go out from house and get in to my lovely car. I know that my Mom was yelling at me after I left. She always asks me to be the heir. So does Dad. I hate to be the heir. I like a freedom. Not in office 24 hours, do this meeting, do that meeting. It must be boring. I like to see how world is going on.

I am the opposite side of Wooyoung. He is a serious worker man. Me?? I am caring wanderer that will show you how beautiful world is. By this point, I met a lot of girls. Not like Wooyoung, huh. I know how to treat a woman and be nice with them. Don’t take it wrong, I’m not a player. I just do some manners.

 

---

 

Hi, Lollipops^^ this is the first chapter of I'm Your Man...

First, I want you to know about the casts well so this is how the first chapter made...

Subscribe, Comment and Enjoy^^