Dumbo

I'm Your Man

 

Jieun POV

 

We’re on the way home. He keeps silent (again) after I said that it was his first time to calling my name. He didn’t say anything even when we ate. He was back to acting cool in front of me. If I know that he’ll back to acting cool, I wouldn’t say those words to him. I don’t know the main reason why he doesn’t like my words. Maybe he doesn’t like me, basically.

After he parked his car, he just got into house and left me behind. I think that he has already in his room, but then I saw him with Mrs. Jang talk about something in living room.

“I’m home,” I greeted when I passed the living room.

“Oh, Jieun-ah! You’re back!” Mrs. Jang said anxiously.

“Yeah, of course?” I’m getting confused.

“What did Wooyoung do to you? Are you ok?” she replied and I saw Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

“I just wait for him and we ate together.”

“Really? I was worried about you. Because Wooyoung just back home a while ago and I didn’t see you, so I think ….”

“Mom!” Wooyoung cut Mrs. Jang words, “she’s ok now. You don’t have to worry. I’ll go to my room first. Good night.” and he left.

So, he left me before? He didn’t remember about me, who stayed in his office just waiting for him? Are you really a human, Jang Wooyoung?

“Are you ok, Jieun-ah?” Mrs. Jang asked.

I just nodded, “I’ll go to my room, Mrs. Jang. Good night.” and I left her.

I closed my room’s door and stood behind it. You are not supposed to be sad, Jieun. Wooyoung always do like that. He always acts cool n he is not a caring person. Remember, you owed a lot from him. You must do your best to be his wife.

After I fixed my feeling, I went to take a bath. It’s about 20 minutes to wash all of my body and get dressed. When I’m heading to my wardrobe room, it’s already full with all things that we bought before. I took my time to praising it and getting used with the arrangement. Then, I chose a yellow pajama to sleep with me tonight. I also lose my wet hair and tried to drying it without any hair-dryer.

Before I go to bed, I went outside my room to get some water in kitchen. When I passed dining room, I heard Wooyoung’s voice from upstairs. He was talking about work with someone in phone. I can hear his voice because he didn’t close the door well. He is really a hard-working man.

I know that it must be tiring for him to work until this time. So, I made a hot lemon tea and took some cookies for him. I put it on a tray and brought it upstairs to Wooyoung’s room. I was peeking to his room and saw him reading some documents on his working table. So, I decided to knock first.

“Come in,” he said without looking at me.

“Wooyoung-ah…” I said and he stopped reading suddenly. But still, he didn’t look at me.

“I heard that you’re still working and I made a lemon tea for you. I also took some cookies there,” I said while put the tray on his table. Still, he didn’t reply or look at me.

“Mmm… I also want to say thank you for today. Especially for dinner, it’s delicious. I like it,” I said nervously and no reply from him.

“Mmm… About what Mrs. Jang said before…” I said hesitantly then he threw the documents angrily on the table. He looked at me and came closer to me. I didn’t move myself and just stood hopelessly. He was standing 1 cm away from me and I can smell his vanilla-mint shampoo from his wet hair.

“I left you before! I was forgot you, happy?” he looked at my eyes angrily.

“Mmm… So, that’s why you took a long time to go back…” I smiled.

“And why did you wait?”

“You’ve told me to wait for you.”

“What if I didn’t back?”

“But you did,” I smiled, “Don’t you remember? I’ve told you that I’ll do everything you want me to do. If you said that I have to wait, I’ll wait.” I looked at his eyes.

“And what if I said that you have to kiss me? Will you do that?”

“Ne?” I shocked.

“What if I said that you have to make love with me? Or you have to die for me? Will you do that? You won’t, right? So, stop saying any impossible thing that you can’t do! Now, please go away! I want to work,” he said and went back to work.

“I… I… I’ll do that… Yes, I’ll do that… i-if you want… After you’re become my husband… officially. But now, I just want to stay on your side, so you won’t forget me anymore. Because I will become your wife and people will think it’s strange if you’re forgetting your own wife.” I replied, didn’t know what I’ve said just now.

“Can you just go?” he is getting annoyed.

“I’ll go now. Remember to have some cookies if you’re hungry. Go to bed soon, good night!” I said while went out from his room.

 

---

 

Wooyoung POV

 

“Stupid…” I mumbled after she left.

Within all of girls in this world, why I have to meet her and become her husband? Why must her? The most stupid and stubborn girl I’ve known. I bet she already know about I left her before, but what’s wrong with this lemon tea and cookies? I never asked her to make it. And about what I’ve said before. Will she really kiss me if I said so? Will she really die for me if I said so?

I cupped my face and feels loosening my mood to work. I decided to go to bed and will continue my work tomorrow at office. She ruins my life slowly. You ruin my head, Jieun. You.

~~~

“….-ah, wake up! Wooyoung-ah!” I heard her voice.

“Jang Wooyoung, wake up! You’ll be late!!” I feel that someone just shook my body. I opened my eyes forcedly and saw her again. It’s too early to saw her face!

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Waking you up! Come on, you’ll be late,” she nagged.

“I know! I’ve already woken up! Now, please go!” I scolded at her.

“Here, your towel,” she gave me a towel, “I’ll prepare your clothes.”

“NO NEED! Just go away!” I scolded again and she finally gave up then walked away from my room.

After she left, I just took a bath as fast as I can since I know that I’ll be late. I went to my wardrobe room in hurry and saw a pair of my working clothes was prepared on a table. It must be Jieun. Ok, she matched it well but I have no mood to wear what she prepared. So, I took another cloth and wear it along with my watch.

I walked downstairs while make a tie by myself. I run to dining room and take a bite from my bread. I was busy with making a tie, so I let my bread hung on my mouth. At that time, I saw Jieun, who was looked at me seriously. So, I remove the bread from my mouth.

“Why?” I asked coldly.

“Nothing,” she replied while shook her head.

“Since when can you two talk each other? I remember you ignored her yesterday,” Dad teased me. I just rolled my eyes.

“Dad, I have no time for your joke. So, I’ll go to Lotte Mall in Daegu today. I want to see the preparation of our Grand Opening there. If you need me, just call me. Ok? Bye.” I said in hurry and left as soon as possible.

I drove my car to Daegu, which is 3 hours away from Seoul. When I arrived, I saw Chansung was welcoming and accompany me to the hall first. They’re still preparing a small stage for main opening. After that we’re going to look around the mall and have a conversation with some investor and store buyers.

Right before we’re going to the second floor, Chansung and our investors asked me to go to iStore first, which is the first official iStore in Daegu. I just followed them and we were welcomed by the owner nicely. The owner offered me some products from Apple but I have no interest with it. But when he offered me a brand new iPhone, I just remembered Jieun suddenly. Should I buy her a phone? I broke hers and she doesn’t have any more.

“Do you have a ready stock for iPhone?” I asked. I saw Chansung looked at me curiously.

“Yes, we have Mr. Jang. We have some. Do you want the brand new one?” the owner replied.

“Yes. Which color do you have?”

“Black and white, Sir. Which one do you like?”

“I think white is better for a girl, right?” I asked to Chansung.

“Yes, Sir. But, may I know who will…”

“My fiancée.” I cut his words.

“Oh, I heard about your marriage, Sir! Congratulations!” Chansung replied.

“Thank you,”

“Excuse me. Since you will give it to your fiancée, why you don’t make it as a couple phones?” the owner offered more.

“Should I?” I asked Chansung.

“Well, it’s up to you, Sir. But I think your fiancée will like it.” Chansung replied.

“Ok, I’ll take two.” I said suddenly.

“Well, since it will be a couple phones, I’ll give you both in white color, Sir” the owner replied and I just nodded.

After I paid for the phones, our investors just come to me and congratulate me. I just realized that I’ve told accidentally to everyone in here that I’ll get married. And at the same time, I just realized that Jieun and I will have the same phone with the same color. Stupid you, Wooyoung! You shoud think about it first! I bet Mom and Dad will tease me a lot about this.

 

---

 

Jieun POV

 

Junho is coming to have some important conversation with Mr. Jang today. And I’m still in my room, waiting for Wooyoung back from Daegu. Honestly, I just get bored since I have to do nothing in here. Mrs. Jang went out to hospital, visiting her friend. I’ve spend half of a day in my room, watching TV and lying on my bed. When I really can’t help my boring level anymore, I went out from my room and I saw Junho.

“Hey, Jieun! How’s your day?” Junho asked.

“Boring. I have nothing to do.”

“How’s your relationship with Wooyoung?”

“Still….” Then I have an idea, “Junho-sshi… Are you free?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“I’ll ask about Wooyoung from you and I’ll make a note for it. Can you wait for me in living room? I’ll take my note first,” I replied enthusiastically and he just nodded.

I go back to my room and searched my notebook and a pen. After that I met Junho in living room and started to ask him some questions.

“What kind of food Wooyoung likes?” I asked.

“His favorite one is fried chicken. He likes coffee. He doesn’t like any sweets, like cake, cookies, chocolates or candies.”

“He doesn’t like what I like,” I pouted, “What color he likes the most?”

“I don’t know well. But he wears any color that he suits for.”

“What is his ideal type of girl?”

“He likes a tall with long-hair and white skin girl. She must know how to make herself beautiful by her own way. She is not nagging a lot and can comfort him well.”

I just dropped my jaw when I heard Junho’s words. “Completely different with me,” I said hopeless.

“Just treat him nicely,” Junho suggest.

“I’ve already. But he just ignored me.”

“It’s ok. Do it a lot. He will treat you well someday.”

“Oh, I almost forget!” I said suddenly.

“What?”

“Do you know how to make a tie? Can you teach me how to make it?”

“Yeah, I know. But for what?” Junho asked curiously.

“Oh… I saw him busy with making a tie when he had his breakfast. I really want to help him for making a tie, so he can eat his breakfast well.”

“W-well…” Junho replied shockingly.

“So? Can you teach me?” I asked and Junho nodded. In hurry, I searched for a tie but I didn’t find it. After that I saw Junho back from somewhere and brought a tie.

“I have a tie in my car, we can use it.” Junho said.

After that he made a tie step by step as I tried to remember it well. He did it for many times until I can remember it. Junho asked me to make a tie for him. He said that I must imagine him as Wooyoung. So, I stood face to face with Junho and tried to make a tie for him. Well, I tried many times but I always failed. One time when I’m going to make a tie again, someone’s voice just scared me.

“What are you two doing here?” Well, it’s Wooyoung. My position with Junho is little bit uncomfortable right now. We’re standing face to face while I helped him to make a tie.

“Hi, bro! How’s your day?” Junho replied easily.

“W-well… What are you doing with her?” Wooyoung asked curiously. Suddenly, I release my grab from Junho’s tie and faced him.

“Nothing. You’re home already?” I smiled nervously and took my notebook then went to my room in hurry. Right when I passed him, he grabbed my wrist and gave a shopping bag.

“That’s for you. Don’t you dare to lose it!” he said to me. I just nodded and brought it to my room.

 

---

 

Wooyoung POV

 

“Junho, let’s talk!” I said.

“About what?”

“About Lotte World.”

“What’s wrong with it?”

“I need you to arrange a new concept for it.” I said.

“No, bro. I’ve told you, I’m not interest with…”

“Please,” I begged, “You have a lot of crazy ideas. I really need you for Lotte World. I can’t work well without you.”

“But I don’t want….”

“Trust me! Only for this project. Please. Shim’s Group was without you,” I laughed.

“No, bro! I’m sorry.”

“Once! I promise! Please….” I begged. Actually Junho has a million of brilliant ideas in his head. I think that it will be great if he help us to arrange a new concept for Lotte World. This work is really suited with him.

“And what should I do? I won’t do meeting a lot.” He demanded.

“Well… I can arrange it for you. How?”

“Just in case you’re my friend and you’re begging, so….”

“Deal?” I reassured him.

“Ok. Deal.” He smiled. Well, I have to be relieved that I have a strong team for Lotte World now. I can reduce my stress level for a while.

“Oh, bro! I think I must go home now. I’ll tell my Dad about joining you. He must be surprised.” Junho said.

“Ok, be careful. Please send my greetings to your parents.”

“Ok. Oh, one more. In case if you misunderstood. I was helping Jieun to make a tie. She wants to learn it badly, so she can help you for it and you can eat your breakfast well.”

“But I didn’t misunderstanding,”

“Ok. I’m just telling you,” he laughed, “Bye!” and he left.

What? Jieun wants to help me for making a tie? In your dream, Jieun!

I took my steps upstairs and bring another shopping bag (which is my new iPhone) to my room. When I’m going to open my door, I heard Jieun’s voice from downstairs.

“Wooyoung-ah…” her voice was shaking and I saw her going upstairs. She brought iPhone that I gave her before while cried helplessly in front of me.

“Wooyoung-ah…” she sobbed.

“Why?” I scared. I didn’t do something bad to her. Why is she crying like crazy?

“Wooyoung-ah… I-I-I’m very happy that y-you g-gave m-me this phone. I-I was happy to d-de…”

“Yah! I don’t understand what you’ve said!” I scolded at her and she just cried louder than before. I’m really stressful with her sobbing, so I came closer to her and bend myself until my head level is same with her.

“Ok, talking slowly. What’s wrong?” I said annoyingly.

“I-I’m very happy that y-you g-gave me this phone,” she showed me her phone, “since i-it’s my f-first gift in m-my life.”

“You must be happy, not crying…” I replied coldly.

“B-but… S-since it’s my first g-gift… I want to u-use it badly… I want t-to use it every day, but I can’t.”

“Why?”

“T-this phone is v-very d-difficult to u-use… I don’t know h-how to use it. Even I d-don’t know how to call…” she sobbed.

I really can’t help myself to laugh. This girl is so funny. She cried just because she doesn’t know how to use a phone? She is really a dumbo.

“Why do you laugh? It’s not funny,” she pouted.

“Just because you don’t know how to use it then you cried?”

She nodded, “this phone is my first gift in my life. I really want to use and show it to people outside. But… I’m not familiar with technology,” she bowed her head and I just sighed.

“Ok. Stop crying. I’ll teach you how to use it. Just wait for 15 minutes. I’ll take a bath first.” I said while turned myself to go into my room. Right after I opened the door, I feel that someone hugged me from behind. She circled her hands on my stomach and I feel her head leaned on my back.

“Thank you, Wooyoung-ah… I’m reeeeaaaallllyyy thankful…” she said while jumping a bit.

I was released her hand from my stomach and seems like she just realized what she’s done.

“I’m sorry. I’m just… too happy,” she said hesitantly.

“Just wait downstairs,” I said and she just nodded.

I went into my room and closed the door. I smiled to myself and mumbled, “Dumbo.”

 

 

---

I'm late for updating, sorry Lollipops :)

So, here is the Chapter 10 >,< hope you'll like it...

I don't know if I made it too long for each chapter, how do you think? T.T

Anyway, Comment, Subscribe and Enjoy^^