In a Far Away Kingdom

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin's whole body shakes in fear when she feels his hand tightening its grip on her neck. She tries to struggle and break free but the more she moves, the more he transfers his weight on her, thus making it harder for her to breathe. 

"L..Let me go please!" She gasps, but he only chuckles back as a reply. 

"I like it more when my food struggles first before I eat it."

"Wh..Who are you?!"

A subtle on her ear freezes Chaerin on the spot. "Name."

She remains shaken and speechless. Just then, the grip on her neck tightens second after second.

"I AM ASKING FOR YOUR NAME, SLAVE!" the unknown stranger roars.

Shaking herself from the trance, and due to lack of oxygen, Chaerin manages to spit out her name. "C..Chae..Chaerin. Lee...Chaerin!"

"Chaerin..." he chuckles again. "Sweet name."

"Let me go...I am begging you..." she almost sees stars due to lack of air.

He chuckles again before releasing her from his firm grip. He also move to the space beside her as she gasps for air. "Aren't you excited on your first day of work, Chaerin?"

Her tears started falling. "I want to go home..."

From an amuse tone, his voice suddenly turns cold. "You can't."

"Please, this is too much for me. I..I am scared." she sobs, burying her face on the softness of the bed.

"You have no right to be scared...yet." his voice turns darker and seems filled with bottled up rage. "Get your filthy body out of my bed and settle on the floor!" he roars.

She quickly do what was told. For Chaerin, it is much better to stay away from him as much as possible.

 

 

It was supposed to be a sunny morning, except that the sun isn't allowed to enter the room.

Chaerin stirred from her petal position as she was forced to sleep on the hard and cold floor. Her whole body is aching as her eyes keep on adjusting on the surrounding darkness. 'Where am I?'

A soft groan hits her hard as reality dawns upon her.

She immediately crawls away from the source of sound. Once she feels that she's far enough, she hugs herself tightly. Her stomach is grumbling now and the coldness of the floor makes her ill feeling worse. 'Appa...' she chants again.

Her father might not be rich but he made sure to always put his family as his first priority. Having an unstable and various jobs in the streets, Chaerin drops her studies at an early age and decided to help her father instead. Together with him, they managed to sell different kinds of root crops and recycled key chains, in which designs were handicrafted by Chaerin herself. During summer, her dad will perform some pupp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter