Opens the Door

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Feeling better?" Chaerin caresses her son's head as they lie on the bed.

Jingyo hugs her tighter. "Mommy, why am I feeling hot?"

She palms his forehead and sighs, "You have a fever. Are you feeling dizzy?"

He slightly nods. "My skin feels hot and itchy. Where's Daddy?"

"He's calling Butler Kim if he can send a doctor for you."

"Doctor? Someone like those white people in TV?" his eyes widen. He doesn't like those white people because they always carry a sharp needle to hurt kids. Also, most of them make the children cry by giving them bitter medicines.

"Yes. Hopefully they can contact the family doctor so he can check your skin. Be honest with me, aside from itchiness and heat, do you feel any pain?"

"No more." he shakes his head. "But I feel happy...here." he pointed his chest.

She smiles at her son. "You feel happy because...?"

"I don't know Mommy. Maybe it's because you and Daddy are here with me. But I feel like there's something wonderful going to happen."

"What do you mean by wonderful?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "I can't tell but I feel it."

Chaerin can only stares at him in curiosity. Thinking that it might be about their bond as a family, she smiles and dismisses the topic.

 

"So we're going back? Are you sure it's already safe?" she creases her brows, questioning him.

"Butler Kim advises that Jingyo needs to be monitored. So far, there's no sign of threat and that woman was already captured. However, we need to be extra-cautious just in case she passed the information to other people."

She looks at her sleeping son. "He doesn't say it but I know he's feeling uncomfortable right now. His skin is reddening as the time passes too. What are we going to do?"

"Maybe it's because he's suffering from the early stages of Phase 2." Jiyong said, though his voice is full of doubt too. "Don't worry, I know someone reliable enough who can check him up."

"Isn't it dangerous?" Chaerin asks, voice filled with worry.

Jiyong smiles, loving the concern she's pouring in their only son. "He will be fine." and he kisses her forehead.

 

A month has passed and so far, Jingyo's security is still not being compromis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter