Finally Knows Everything from the Beginning

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Everything has been prepared Master. We shall take our leave and let you and your family rest." the assistant bows to Jiyong.

"Careful on your way back. It will be better if you will fly to Jeju first before going back to Seoul to avoid traces." Jiyong instructs and dismisses him off.

The assistant nods and gets on the chopper.

Jiyong walks inside the rest house located in the middle of Seuldo Island in Ulsan. His father build this hide out just in case things like this happened and he needs to make a sudden disappearance. For almost 30 years of his life, his father tried all the possible things that will make him comfortable despite of living in secrecy. Now, he has to do it for his own son.

When Chaerin left, he already prepared himself to die and accepted his bitter fate. However, two weeks before his 30th birthday, his body's temperature suddenly doubled as if it's burning his skin. Green and yellow puss gushed out of his eyes as the unbearable pain blocked his visions out. Eventually he lost his consciousness after battling for about thirty minutes of agony.

And when the light came back, all his abnormality vanished. He becomes a normal human without a trace from his past. Nifa also died on the same day when it was supposed to die with him on his birthday. He was beyond confuse. What is the main caused of his transformation? Can it be Chaerin's love? It's impossible. She was terrified of him, right?

Until he finally realized the reason why...

Jingyo's existence is the key.

 

"Mommy? Why are we here?" the little child yawns as his mother gently sways him to sleep.

"Because Daddy has some things to settle." Chaerin pats his side and kisses his forehead.

"Did Rafa come with us?"

 "Rafa is..." she ponders, "...he's at home."

"I miss him. I can't play with him at home because Nanny said he has to be encaged. I don't understand Mommy. Why does Rafa needs to hide?"

Jiyong overhears hisn question and decided to answer instead, "Because he got bigger now."

"Daddy!" Jingyo motions his arms so that Jiyong will carry him instead.

"Why are you still awake? You should sleep again."

"I can't sleep eventhough I am sleepy. I don't know why..." he put his little palm on his chest, "It's thumping wildly..." he said, pertaining to his heart.

"What?" Chaerin slightly panics, "Why you didn't tell Mommy? What else do you feel?"

"I don't know." Jingyo yawns again, "I feel like something is happening...but I can't tell what."

Jiyong deeply sighs and silently curse, which didn't go unnoticed by Chaerin. "Do you know something?" she dared to ask him.

He put his finger on his lips and mouthed 'Later'. Chaerin nods in understanding. "Jingyo-ah, Mommy will prepare your milk so you can sleep better."

"Okay Mommy."

 

"What is it? Spill everything I needed to know." she demands. They are now on the terrace, overlooking the darkness of the endless sea.

Jiyong blankly looks at the space. Instead of answering her, he asks another question. "Chaerin...what is your first reaction when you saw Jingyo's appearance?"

She ponders over his question, and decided to tell the truth. "I was afraid of him. After all, he's not normal."

Jiyong's chest tightens. It was probably what his mother felt when she saw him upon giving birth.

"But when he started crying...my heart felt a sudden pain. It was as if his cries call for me. He was wiggling his little arms and legs. He was asking for care. He looked so cold, so fragile, so small...so...innocent." she smiles, "His skin tells me otherwise but I know that he's my son in every aspect. When I first held him in my arms, he immediately stopped crying and his thumb. My baby was damn cute as he giggled when I first kissed his cheek. He was so warm, so tiny, so...perfect."

His eyes moist when he heard how she describes their son. "You think he's perfect? He looks like a monster, isn't he? I know how it feels like for I was living like that for almost all of my life."

"I am sorry." finally, she apologizes and he knows what she's pertaining about it. "When I saw you the morning after, I was extremely afraid. Partly was about your appearance. It was my first time to see someone in your case. However, my other reason was about your safety. I am sure I spent a night with you. I am sure I regret nothing about it. But then, the Jiyong Oppa I know wasn't the Jiyong Oppa I woke up into. I thought some intruder barged in and took you away. I was in a mess, and it never came to me that the man with me that time could be you."

His breathing halts. This is the first time he hears her reason and he doesn't expect it all. He always think that she left because she was disgustingly affraid of him. "H-How did you realize it's me?"

"The Butler hinted about it but then I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter