And a Love That Will Erase All the Misfortune

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why so sudden?" Chaerin asks the butler when he informed her that there will be a huge party tonight.

"I am not sure. The Master had ordered all the maids and guards to arrange everything as fast as possible. I have already asked someone to assist you. They will dress you up for tonight."

"Me? What does it got to do with me?"

"The Master told me not to tell you anything but since you are a curious, I will spill some information." he went near to her and whispers, "Master is getting engage tonight."

"What?!" her eyes widen as he tries to shut her up. "With whom?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "He said we will find out tonight who will be the Mistress of this house."

"Probably the woman last time..." she commented.

"Hush Miss Chaerin." he grins after. "I don't know who's the lucky woman but I have to help the people downstairs. See you later. Please take some rest for the mean time. You will need that later."

"H-Huh? Wait!" she groans when he left her alone to think.

'Who could you be?'

 

 

"Everything alright?" Jiyong nervously asks his butler.

"Yes Master." he smiles at him. "I have instructed everyone to be keen with the details, I am sure she will say yes."

"I thought it will be easy but I am honestly freaking out." he sighs.

"I feel that she won't say no to you. If you only saw her shocked face when I told her that you're getting engage tonight, she was so surprise."

"What do you mean?"

"I think she's jealous still. Probably thinking that you're gonna propose to the woman last time. It's a good sign."

"I am afraid that she will reject me. I can't take it." he voices out his fear.

"Think positive Master. I know she reciprocates your feeling."

"She better be..."

 

 

 

Chaerin gently caresses the beautiful dress on the bed. It looks too good to be true. The yellow gold is shining against the light, giving it an elegant appeal. It is being adorned by large diamonds on the chest area as well tiny ones on the waistline.

She bitterly smiles. Not so long ago, she was welcomed in the house like a prisoner but now, she looks like one of the owners of the manor. Thinking back then, she never knew she will learn to love her surroundings. Yes she misses her father but gauging the status of her heart now, she can say that she's happy to be here.

"But maybe, everything has an ending." she sighs.

She looks around, memorizing the detail of the room. Sooner or later, she'll be no longer allowed to be here. The Master will soon have his lifetime partner who will take care of him forever. "Why does it hurt me anyway? It's not like I am his girl...and he was never mine to begin with."

A lone tear falls from her eye. "I thought I just had to render him a service to pay for my father's debt...but why did I give him my heart?"

She shakes her head and wipe the tears that are threatening to fall again. "It's no use. There's no time for this. I have to be ready what tomorrow will bring."

Clutching the dress in her chest, she stands up. "But maybe, I have to do the right thing."

 

 

 

"My my Master. For sure she will look so pretty!" the butler claps his hands as he furnishes the details of the table. Tonight, the head of the empire will propose a marriage to the woman who caught his eyes. "You bought the right dress for her!"

Jiyong sheepishly smiles, a trait that he seldom does. "I hope she will accept my love."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter