Time Has Passed

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin suddenly jolt awake from her deep slumber. She observes the surrounding, trying to sense any possible danger. She heard some movements outside and that shouldn't be possible cuz their house is located far away from most people. 'Probably some wild animals?' she worries, yet there's no attacking incident happened.

Noting the silence outside, she dismissed the thought of unwanted intruder. 'Must be the air then.' she sighs. However, she can no longer sleep.

Jingyo stirrs but goes back to sleeping when his mother pat his side. She looks at her son who's peacefully sleeping on his side of the bed. Clearly, he's not a normal child but someone born with a skin defect...or is it a curse?

When she gave birth to her son, she has decided to move somewhere where only few people resides. Her father died before Jingyo sees the world, hence, her hardship was doubled. Nobody was there to take care of her and she had to provide herself for the baby. Good thing, the kind-hearted Butler she used to work for gave her enough money to start a new life. She has no intention to accept it until her previous Master made a ruckus in his room. She wanted to see him but his men blocked her and forced her out of the mansion. They said it was dangerous. They said he might kill her too just like what he does to his previous lovers. She was confused, broken-hearted, scared, devastated and jealous yet they left her no choice but to flee as fast as she can.

When she found out she was pregnant with his child, she was happy and scared at the same time. She badly wanted to tell him but decided not to for she doesn't know what awaits her if ever they cross paths again. She has lots of questions in her mind, especially about the guy she spent the night with. 'Was it really him? But that's impossible. He's perfect. He's flawless. He's...mysterious.'

Until she gave birth to someone who looks exactly like that person she woke up with the next morning.

Confirmed...that scaly man is Jiyong.

She can still remember the day her son was born. It was raining hard as if heaven is against it. She had a hard time labouring as her baby keeps on moving yet he won't go out. Well, not until the clock strikes at midnight.

The midwife suffered a heart attack after she saw her son. Who wouldn't when instead of umbilical cord, a baby snake was attached to him?

She can remember how she screamed in fright. She was ultimately scared. That time, she thought of him as a monster, not a baby. She wanted to run but she can't. Her body was in deep pain. Moreover, the old woman who helped her was no longer moving on her spot. She tried her best to get up and kick him away but when he started crying...she can't deny the maternal instinct which suddenly rose on her chest. Her heart loves the child before her brain can even picture his whole being.

And just like that, she chose to stay away from people who might hurt him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter