And The Supposed Queen

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's almost time for dinner already but Jiyong hasn't seen Chaerin around yet. After the ruined breakfast, he became busy with the preparation of tonight's feast...

Rafa, his son's twin snake will finally consume his first blood. And who would be the best candidate as an offer than the orphan Park Yumin? Base on the background check he did, nobody will look for her even if she disappears like a wind. Moreover, she's an easy target since she likes sticking herself on him. 'She won't suspect if I invited her in...'

As part of the first phase of the curse, the twin snake has to be starved until he's hungry enough to eat a human. That will give them the strenght to survive before the second phase takes place. If he remembers it correctly, his father did the same to Nifa when he was eight years old. After that, his abilities evolved as his eyesight adjusted quickly at night. His five senses became sharper and it keeps on increasing while his snake was eating human. However, there is also a downside on the effect.

His scales kept on increasing and his eyes changed its colors.

In short, his look also evolved to look more like human snake.

At that time, he was too disgusted to look at his face that he decided to live in the dark. Well, that was until Lee Chaerin happens.

Noting the time, he stands up, walks out of his office and  was about to fetch her and their son when Yumin suddenly appears and circles his arm with hers.

"Oppa, aren't we going to eat outside?" she asks, much to his annoyance.

Just then, Chaerin comes in the picture as she walks down on the stairs to help in the kitchen chores. She bows upon seeing him and the visitor but didn't say anything.

"Hey you!" Yumin calls her before she can walks away.

"Yes?" she blankly answer, avoiding looking at him.

"Hul! Is that how a maid properly behaves? I am your--"

"What do you want? I have so many things to do." Chaerin in, not wanting to hear rants from her.

"You're unbelievable." Yumin scoffs. "Jiyong Oppa won't eat here tonight. We are going outside so don't bother--"

"Good then." she quickly said and turns around again, leaving the two.

Jiyong chuckles while the visitor fumes. He wonders why she's acting like a jealous wife when she clearly told him that he failed to get her heart. 'Could it possibly mean she loves me back?'

"I hate her!" Yumin tells him. "Oppa, fire her for me, please?" she tries to act cute and begs him for an impossible task.

"Don't worry, you won't see her tomorrow." he implies her fate, on the other hand.

"You're the best!" she squeals in glee, thinking that he will get rid of Chaerin for her.

'You won't see her tomorrow because tonight will be your last in this world...'

 

"Open the door!" she hears him calling outside. Instead of doing what was told, she continues preparing Jingyo's pyjamas on the bed. Tonight, and for many nights in the future, she will sleep on her son's room. She already told the maids the she will take care of Jingyo's bath and other night routines. At first they hesitated but sensing that her aura is darker and gloomier than previous nights, they let things be.

Now her only problem is how is she going to collect her things from his room without seeing that witch with him.

'Hmmp! As if I care about them.' she unknowingly punches the pillow beside her.

"I said open the door." his voice echoes again.

'Go away and just hang out with that ill-mannered girlfriend of yours!' she fumes at the back of her mind.

"Chaerin!" Jiyong knocks as if he's gonna t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter