The Witch Downfall

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A gentle knock on the door breaks Jiyong's trance. Looking up, he sees the smiling face of his wife.

"Oppa, can we talk?" Chaerin gently asks.

He nods and closes his laptop. He motions her to come and sit on his lap. "What brings you in my office?" he immediately asks while nuzzling her neck.

She made herself comfortable by securing her right arm on his neck. "I wanted you to research about this." and she handed him the bottle of medicines she got from Dr. Yoona.

Jiyong frowns, "What's this? Did your doctor prescribe you this? Why I wasn't aware about it? I have all the list of your medications."

"She gave me that as a vitamin. Come on Oppa, can you please research about it? Promise me you won't tell anyone...not even Dr. Youngbae."

He looks at her, trying to read what's running on her mind. Knowing that she won't spill it unless she's sure with her doubt. Sighing, he re-opens his laptop and started googling about her request.

After 5 minutes...

"...!" Jiyong curses as he hits the poor laptop shut.

"What?" Chaerin nervously asks while patting his head, calming him down.

"When did she give you this?!" he furiously asks.

She can't help but fear his reaction. Judging his behavior, it's actually a bad news. "After our first visit, she gave me a call asking if I was feeling fine. I said I am good but she told me that she will send me additional vitamins for the baby's development. A day or two after I was taking that, I started to see some blood spots on my underwear. I was scared but she told me that it was normal. Well, judging what I had suffered with our eldest, I rest assured she was right. I was used to have a delicate pregnancy because especially during the first trimester so I guess it was fine. I changed my mind when Jingyo told me about his dream..."

He closes his eyes and try to not startle his wife but he can feel the overflowing rage right now. Why? That witch doctor just sent his wife a retinol which is five times stronger than the dose she can take. That merely explains why she is suffering from constant nausea and abdominal bleeding. He closes his palms and remains as unreadable as possible before carrying out the conversation. He knows Chaerin is worried too...but he will deal with that woman as quietly as he could for the sake of his wife's safety. "What's his dream about?"

"The baby is a girl." Chaerin smiles. "He was telling me that as if he just finished watching a movie with a sad ending. He told me that his baby sister is asking for help...because a witch is trying to harm her."

He kisses his cheek. "Do you think it's true?" he forces a smile, lighting up the mood.

"Jingyo's dreams always come true..." Chaerin avoided his gaze. "I don't know why and how it happens but trust me...he's more than always accurate."

He bites his lower lip. "I guess...that's his gift then."

"A gift?"

He nods and pecks her lips. "When I was the curse container, my dad told me that my sight is ten times sharper than the previous ones. That's the reason why I can see everything clearly even in the dark. Although it's part of being a human snake...but my ability to see was way clearer than my father."

"Then...Jingyo's dream..." she shakes her head. "What if the baby is really a girl? Does it mean the curse will finally stop? But why does Dr. Yoona wanted to kill me and my baby?"

"We will find out. Don't worry, I will keep you safe. From now on, trust no one but me and Jingyo. We will find a solution."

"I am scared of what she might do to us..." she voices out her fear.

"As long as I am here, nothing will happen to you and our babies."

She hugs him tight.

 

 

"Remember what I told you? Just stay on your room with Nannies, okay?" Chaerin instructs her son.

"Why Mommy? Is there another witch coming?" he frowns, remembering the previous visitor which caused his whole family to fly into an island.

Chaerin shakes her head, disapproving his behavior, "Stop calling people apart from their real names okay? That's bad, my Baby."

"But she's really a witch." he stubbornly replies.

"No matter how bad other people might be towards you, that doesn't implies that you have to be bad at treating them too. What if time comes that you will be able to go to a school. Are you going to be unkind to them if they ignore you?"

His face lit up. "Me? I can go to school?! When???"

The loving mother caresses his face, "Maybe soon? But you have to be prepared, okay?"

He nods repeatedly, "Yes mommy!"

"Now do what I told you. Just stay here, watch cartoons and be quiet."

"Okayyy! Can daddy stay with me?"

"No, Daddy has to accompany Mommy for the baby's check up."

"My baby sister?"

"Do you really think it's a baby girl?"

"Yes mommy! I am sure." he grins.

"Well then, we will make sure of that today."

 

 

"What? A-Are you sure?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter