Once Upon a Time

The Sky and the Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin looks around the giant manor, not really paying attention to the talking butler who’s busy instructing what she should and shouldn’t do. Today marks the start of her first day as one of the maids in the Dragon house. Being new to the city, she doesn’t expect that a house as large as where she is now is possible to exist. Just by thinking of cleaning it all already worries her up to a certain extent.

“Unlike any other maids who have their own maid’s quarter, you will be sleeping on the Master bedroom’s floor. He hates light so you should accustom your--”

“Excuse me?” She can’t help but in, much to the distaste of the butler. “I’ll be...sleeping...w... where?”

The butler glares at her as she squirms in fright. “You will be sleeping on the floor of his bedroom! Whether you will be given a blanket or a pillow, that I am not sure. The Master specifically instructed to send you upstairs immediately after your brief orientation.”

“But...”

“Do you have any objections, Miss?”

She shakes her head, deeply intimidated. “No, I don’t have.”

“Good, because we don’t tolerate rebels here. Now, get change and ready yourself to deliver his food. Remind yourself to not create noises when you enter the room. And oh, no matter what happens...NEVER ever turn on the lights. Understand?”

“But...” she was about to ask again but the Butler’s glare stops her from doing so. “Yes Sir.”

“Good.”

 

 

Upon entering a cold and dark room at the uppermost part of the mansi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter