Kiss Me

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My eyes focused on that piece of paper Jonghyun have given me. Kim Kibum & Lee Jin Ki Law Associates.

Lawyers.

Was that really happening?

Did I really find Taeyeon a Lawyer?

Did I really find Taeyeon a chance to get her out of the Asylum?

I chuckled, finding how coincidental that was. I can't believe it. I can't believe it I found Taeyeon a Lawyer.

And now what?

Do I call Kim Kibum and talk to him straight away? Or do I talk to Taeyeon first? I mean, of course I wouldn't mention Jonghyun's name but wouldn't be better if I told her that I might have found a Lawyer to see how she will handle that? At the same time, this could make Taeyeon be really excited about coming out of the Asylum and yet, there's no guarantee that those lawyers could make it happen. Taeyeon put herself in hard shoes killing all those people off while inside the Asylum and the doctors she killed won't probably be overlooked by the court.

More important... how is it good to release Taeyeon if she can't even handle her anger issues now? What change would it make if she is set to be released when she still wants to kill people off?

I wish for Taeyeon's recovery. But I also recognize that there is a long and careful path to achieve that. And Taeyeon didn't seem quite there yet.

So...What to do now?

I lost in thought for a while and a buzz on my phone alerted me from a message. It was Yuri's.

-Wanna have lunch with me?

I thought about it for a while. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have lunch with Yuri. Especially after last night where my behavior was so unusual upon seeing Jonghyun. I guess I could explain myself to her.

-Yeah, sure. :).

~~*~~

Now sat on the restaurant we agreed to meet up, I watched Yuri approaching the table I was at. She was wearing warm clothing as the winter was already in Seoul. I found that warm and sepia colors suit her really well. Yuri was beautiful and athletic, which in my mind made her be an attractive person. However, try as I might, I couldn't think that she was prettier than Taeyeon. Even Taeyeon being shorter, paler and thinner, she was still more beautiful in my eyes. And when I realized Taeyeon inhabited my thoughts one more time, I think it was obvious to me that my heart really belonged to her. Even if she didn't like me back, even if she was indeed just using me… I was really in love with her.

“Geez, I thought you would at least greet me with a smile...” She said sitting on the chair. “Are you bored already?”

I chuckled. “I'm sorry, Yuri, I just doze off for a minute.” I replied, forcing a smile.

“Thinking about the inmate?” She asked.

“Sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“It's related to Taeyeon but not in what you think it is...”

“Tiff, I don't need to tell you this again. I've told you before and I'm sure you know it yourself. You are risking so much with Kim. If someone were to catch you flirting with her you'd be done for, let alone having with her.”

“We stopped our ual encounters. I told you I'd stop, didn't I?” 

“I can't really trust you with that. I can see how hard you've fallen for her. Everything you do is related to Kim somehow. And that is not normal. It's maniac!”

“I'm helping my patient.” I defended myself. “Taeyeon might have become more than just a patient, but I still have the duty to take care of her.” And I decided to tell Yuri about the news.  “And I might help her real good now.”

“You might? How?” She frowned her brows.

“I might have found Taeyeon a Lawyer...”

Her eyes widened. “A lawyer?” I nodded. “No ! How?”

“Network.” I said, not wanting to spell Jonghyun's name on that. Yuri was convinced that the Jonghyun we met yesterday wasn't the same guy in Taeyeon's story and it was for the best if she kept believing that. Jonghyun asked me to not tell anyone he's alive and keeping his name for myself would probably be the best way possible to keep that in secret. “The problem is… I'm not so sure if it I should tell Taeyeon that...”

“You've found that midget a Lawyer… that's crazy.”

“I want to be sure Taeyeon is safe before I could tell her this.”

“What you mean safe?”

“I mean like… not angry anymore. That she would be able to live outside these walls without any problems.”

“That's impossible.” She added shortly after, making my heart beat in discomfort. “Don't you remember how she was when you mentioned Heechul's name? She was ready to kill you off.”

“That's an overstatement” I said it instantly.

“I don't trust her. I don't trust her when you've done all those things for her and she still could have hurt you that day. I don't trust how she is behaving right now. I think she's just using you.”

Could someone please stop telling me that?

“No matter how many times I say it… you will never believe Taeyeon is good, will ya?” I asked her.

“No matter how many times I say it...you'll never believe Taeyeon is bad, will ya?” She retorted. “Not bad meaning good but bad meaning bad, you know?”

“I wish you could see how amazing Taeyeon really is.” I said.

“I wish you could see how manipulative she is.”

“I don't think we'll ever get on an agreement regarding Taeyeon...” I sighed, sadly.

“Yeah, we won't.” She seconded.

“Still… what do you think? You think I should tell her about the lawyer?” I asked, wanting to know her opinion. 

“No. I think that would grant her a taste of victory she doesn't really deserve.”

“Geez, Yuri, why you so bitter with that?” I got a bit rougher. “You really think Taeyeon only deserves suffering and confinement? You really think she deserves to stay all her years in here? Why can't you let go of these hard feelings of yours for her?”

She bit the inside of her cheeks. “Is still about Soyeon?” I asked. Maybe upon seeing her former girlfriend last night, it awoke hard feelings towards Taeyeon and Soyeon one more time inside Yuri.  “How long has it been? Give yourself a break… this hurts you more than anything else.”

“It's not about Soyeon!” She revoked, bitterly.

“What's about it then?”

“Justice!”

My face scrunched up. “Justice?  How is this about Justice?”

“She committed crimes-

“And she paying for what she did! She's here over five years, enduring all those bull that happens in here! You know hard it is to deal with the officers in here? The inmates? Who constantly harasses you? It ain't about justice. It sounds more like vengeance to me to be honest.” She got quiet. “You just don't like Taeyeon and can't accept the good things that might come her way because of what she did. But honestly it wasn't really her fault. Soyeon was much more manipulative with you than Taeyeon has ever been. And you know it.”

“Is that how it goes, huh?” She scoffed. “Taking her side.”

“What? No! There are any sides!” I confronted. “Just because Taeyeon did something wrong, doesn't mean she couldn't grow past that mistake and become a better person. People change, Yuri. Sometimes...they only need help to do it. And I'm up to help Taeyeon with that.”

“I know that whatever I say, you won't really listen to me. You always follow your own judgment. When I told you to back off from her, did you do it?” She asked, rising her brows.

“No.”

“When I told you to not go after Sooyoung, did you do it?”

“No.”

“When I told you to not go to her cell, did you do it?”

“No.” I answered, a bit ashamed.

“Then why would you listen to me when I say you shouldn't tell her about the lawyer? You always do whatever you want, asking for my opinion is just irrelevant at this point.”

“It's different. We weren't friends back then.”

She sighed. “You said yourself, Tiffany…” she turned her eyes to me. “We'll never reach an agreement regarding Kim Taeyeon. Do whatever you want.” That sounded a bit tough.

“You're angry with me?”

“No.” Why it felt like she was still resented though?

“I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you feel bad or anything.”

“Then stop me scolding me for not liking that inmate! It's not because you like her that I had to. I have my reasons for it!”

I exhaled, actually aback by her remarks.

“I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.”

“Can we talk about something else, I don't really want to talk about that inmate.”  It was clear to see her discomfort throughout the entire lunch but here and there, we would crack up a joke and laugh a little. By the time our lunch ended, we had forgotten the argument we had initially and everything was okay one more time. I was relieved with that as I didn't want to push Yuri apart from me because of Taeyeon. I considered her to be a great friend and I wouldn't like to have her out of my life.

As I got back home, I wasn't sure whether telling Taeyeon about the lawyer or not, yet. Not only that, last time I talked to her was before she had meet her sister. I don't even know how she handled that in the first place. Maybe I should wait for a while. Maybe I should talk with those lawyers beforehand. There are no lawyers if they don't agree taking this job. I should approach them rather carefully and slowly.

Yeah. For now, keep that a secret, Tiffany. It's for the best.

~~*~~

Monday morning came out chilling and I packed myself with warm clothing and boots. While driving to work, I wondered if Taeyeon had something to warm her when those cold days of winter come around.

I realized that being free is much more than not living in bars. It's so much more about choices than anything else. Choices for clothing, choices to go to restaurants, where to live, what to do on a weekend, the flavour of a coffee to drink, a channel TV to watch, a song to sing… What Taeyeon would choose to do first when she is released?

You know what she will do. My mind spoke itself. My heart was going crazy inside my chest.

I don't want that. I don't want Taeyeon to hurt anyone else. I want her to let that man go and live her life anew. I want her to live her life… with me. And we could go to coffee shops together, we could go shopping together, we could choose what channel to watch together…
How amazing would it be to have Taeyeon with me. And we could finally love each other without someone telling us it is illegal. Wouldn't that be the biggest sign of freedom of all?

I smiled, picturing my life with Taeyeon. 

But my smile cut short when I parked my car and walked through the gardens.
I could tell something was wrong. The number of officers running towards the Penitentiary wasn't a good sign. 

Intrigued by what that commotion could be, I followed the officers. Was it another fight between inmates? It wasn't rare to happen fights with inmates, especially during Shower Time. Male inmates were champions on that as they would constantly fight for better stalls.

When the doors were pushed open and I walked inside, my eyes widened in terror. My hands covered my mouth as I gasped, when I finally saw what was it about.

An inmate dead. Hanged. Upside down.

His gray shirt was around his neck, thus showing his back fully covered of tattoos. A rope was hanging him upside down, his feet held by the rope which was knotted around the lamp of the ceiling.

As one of the officers turned the man around, my heart missed a beat as I saw the marks on his torso. Written with his own blood, his torso had the words Praise the Kid Killer. GD's Right Hand man.

My vision got blurred. My legs became hard as stones. Because when my eyes fell to his face, I recognized him. It was the same inmate who was lying about being G-Dragon's right hand man and some days ago. It was the inmate who regarded himself as the Kid Killer. It was the same inmate Taeyeon almost…

“I really advise you to not say things like this around here. You might find yourself dead, hanged upside down like a pig.”

No. No. No.

That wasn't possible.

Please, tell me that this didn't happen.

Please, tell me Taeyeon didn't kill that man.

“What if I get angry and you're not with me? Who would stop me?”

No. Everything but this. This can't be true. Not after all we've done. Not after all we've been through. Please, God, no.

“Doctor? You alright?” I heard an officer ask me.

I didn't answer because just seconds later, I fell my senses zoning off. And before I could answer anything, I out.

~~*~~

When I caught aware of my senses, I opened my eyes, scrunching up my face as a bright light was hurting my eyes. I waited for a couple of seconds to open them again and took me another couple of seconds to retake focus.

I was in a hospital room and initially I thought there was no one there, but when I groaned a bit, my ears recognized Yoona's voice. “Tiffany, are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter