Going Wrong

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday...” Taeyeon spoke, walking beside me around the yard. It was a sunny day, very warm and, if it wasn't for the grim buildings nearby, I could almost pretend that was a stroll in the park.

 

“About what?”

 

“Hayeon.” My heart just missed a beat. “Are you really gonna do it?” She asked me, slightly concerned. “Bring her over, I mean.”

 

“You want to see her?” I asked interested. She munched her inner cheeks.

 

“I… guess it would be nice to see her once again.” She said quite low. “But...it's been so long… and she probably doesn't even remember me.” I kept myself in silence, listening to her. “How old is she now? 20?21?” I shrugged my shoulders, giving her the 'I don't know' answer. “It's been such a long time…”

 

“I'll talk to her.” I said it. She stopped walking immediately. “I'll meet with your sister and talk to her.” Again. To try change her mind. “She could be missing you too. You're her big sister after all.”

 

She twisted her lips. “Hayeon and I were never close. She was really young when I moved to Seoul...and when I grew distant to my parents, she was just what? Eight? Nine? I wasn't there for the most part of her life. I don't really think she misses me that much.” “Or at all.” She added almost instantly.

 

“But you want to see her, right?”

 

She looked down. “I guess.”

 

“Then, I'll talk to her.” And I saw her smile, making me lighter. “I'll do everything I can to bring her here.”

 

“Thank you, Tiffany. Thank you for doing this to me.” I nodded my head, giving her some comfort.

 

~~*~~

 

“Yuri? Can I talk to you for a minute?” I called her upon entering the Archive. She instantly raised her head to me.

 

“Hey, Doc. What's up?”

 

“Good. You?”

 

“Same old.” And I heard her clicking on something with the mouse. “So, what's poppin'?”

 

“Hum… I need a favor.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I'm gonna take a couple days off again and I'd like to ask you if you could help Taeyeon meanwhile.” She frowned her brows.

 

“Help Taeyeon?”

 

“Well, she has a hard time receiving help from other officers in here due to her being an inmate. And I'm afraid she'll be ignored while I'm gone. So I'd like to ask you if you could take care of her.”

 

“What you mean take care? I can't baby sit her, Doc.”

 

“I don't mean staying around at all times. I mean just to assure she is getting her meals, showers and everything.”

 

“Have you talked to Sung about this?”

 

“I don't need to. I have the permission from Lee SoonKyu.”

 

“Lee SoonKyu?” She asked, blinking her eyes. “The Lee SoonKyu?”

 

“Yes, the one herself.”

 

“She is okay with that?”

 

“Not really, but she understands the situation.”

 

“Hm… why are you taking some days off? If I may ask...”

 

“I'm going to visit Hayeon.”

 

“Who's Hayeon?”

 

“Her sister.”

 

“Lee Soonkyu's sister?”

 

“No, Taeyeon's sister.”

 

“Taeyeon's?”

 

“Taeyeon's.”

 

“She has a sister?”

 

“She has a sister.”

 

“Taeyeon has a sister?” She blinked.

 

I nodded my head. “Taeyeon has a sister.”

 

“And you will bring her over?”

 

“I will try.”

 

“Taeyeon knows about this?” She asked unsure.

 

“Yes, she's pretty much aware of this.”

 

“And she is okay with it?”

 

“Yeah, she's pretty much okay with it.” I answered confidently.

 

She blinked perplexed. “What the hell happened to Kim Taeyeon? What did you do to her?” I chuckled by her remark.

 

“I just... talked to her.” I answered, feeling my heart warmer. It felt good to have that intimate feeling with Taeyeon. Especially because I could feel deep down there that I was helping her. Even if she denies, I know I'm helping her out. And it's clearly as day the difference of Taeyeon from before me and after me. “I told you. She is not what she seems.”

 

“Hm, I still think you're dangerously too much close to her.”

 

Yes, that's pretty much true too. “So...can you do that for me?”

 

“How long you'll be gone for?”

 

“A couple days.”

 

“When you'll leave?”

 

“In two or three days time.”

 

She shook her head affirmatively. “Hm...okay. I can do it.”

 

“Thank you, Yuri.”

 

“No prob, Doc.”

 

 

~~*~~

 

“Yuri will be taking care of you while I'm gone, okay?”

 

She nodded her head. “Yeah, cool.”

 

“You alright?” I sensed she seemed a bit troubled, as she pulled some grass out of the yard.

 

“Huh...”

 

“What's wrong?”

 

“Nothing. I'm cool.” She exhaled.

 

“You are nervous?”

 

“Kinda.” She replied honestly. I sighed and placed my hands on her shoulders. “It's just...It's really weird…Suddenly, you're heading to Jeonju, my hometown, to meet my sister. I don't see Jeonju in what? 10 years? Everything must be changed now. I don't even know if they still own the shop. Or even it is in the same place…”

 

“You want me to take pictures?” Her eyes just got bigger.

 

“What?”

 

“You want me to take pictures of Jeonju? Of your favorite places?”

 

“I…”

 

“Anything you would like to see?”

 

She thought about it for a while. “Maybe…. Ginger.”

 

“Who is Ginger?”

 

“Our dog.” My lips curved in a smile. “He likes to play with Jack.”

 

“Jack?”

 

“Jack...Jack Skeleton… From...Nightmare Before Christmas.” She added, hit by those memories. “It was one of my favorite toys back then. Ginger seemed to like it more than me though. It was a Christmas' gift... from my...” And her words faded away till she got silent. I frowned my brows, shaken by her behavior.

 

“Taeyeon? What's wrong?”

 

She cleared . “Yeah. Ginger. Could you take pictures of Ginger? It would be nice to see him after all those years.”

 

I nodded my head. “Yeah, sure.” But my voice wasn't as happy as before. As well as hers. “You alright?”

 

“Yes, I'm alright.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yeah, it's okay. Thank you, Doc.” She quickly said it. I knew she was being honest by thanking me, but I also knew something disturbed her. The sudden shake in her voice and the silence coming shortly after were just the proof of it. I tried to ignore it and shook my head positively. “Have a safe trip.” She added later.

 

“I'll be back soon.”

 

“Still… Take care.”

 

“What's happening to you Kim Taeyeon?” I asked amidst surprise by her manners towards me. Ever since we had the talk, ever since we have had , she seemed much more caring with me. In fact, I never could guess Kim Taeyeon could be such a caring person. Especially in matter. She may be a criminal, but when it's about , Taeyeon is just the most caring and giving person I ever met. I mean, I didn't date many people to compare, but the difference between Nichkhun and Taeyeon is abysmal. Taeyeon makes all be about me. And it is amazing to feel this way. I have to consistently fight my own pleasure to not give in to those feelings whenever I see her. I have to consistently remind myself that it's illegal and wrong. And sometimes that's not even close enough to hold me back. Last night for instance, it was one of the best nights I ever had. And Jesus Christ it happened in her cell, a place completely deprived from comfort. It's quite shocking how different she actually is from her facade. Quite saddening to see it as well. Because if she showed everyone that soft side of hers, I'm pretty sure she would have had a better time in here.

 

“What do you mean what's happening to me?” She blinked obliviously.

 

“You're different.”

 

“Because I told you to take care?”

 

“You are overly caring with me.”

 

“You'll visit my parents. I'm trying to deal with that.”

 

That hit me. “Taeyeon...”

 

“But it's okay, Doc. It's fine. I dealt with tier things than that. I just need a little bit of time.”

 

“Is there something you'd like me to say to them?” I asked curiously. “Something you always wanted them to hear?”

 

There was a short silent before she says. “Not really.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, pretty sure.” She assured.

 

I nodded my head, giving her my understanding. “Okay, now, stand up, it's time to get back.” I said tapping her legs.

 

“Can't we stay a bit more?”

 

“You want to stay?”

 

“Yeah, it's nice here.”

 

“I thought you didn't like the sun.”

 

“I don't. I like you.”

 

And my cheeks blushed tenfold with that. “Easy, pink pig, or they will notice.” She joked.

 

“Don't call me that.”

 

“Pink pig.”

 

“Taeyeon...”

 

“What?” She grinned. “What are you gonna do with me? Lock me in?”

 

“I could.”

 

“.” My eyes bulged out.

 

“What? No! Shut up!” She giggled.

 

“There's no wrong in saying, Doc.”

 

“I'm not saying anything, just shut up. C'mon, let's go.” I raised from the ground, still blushing for her remarks. She smirked and got up, following me suit.

 

“I know you want me.”

 

~~*~~

 

As I finally got out of the taxi and saw the sign of their shop my heart kept beating the fastest it has ever been. I had a hard time moving my legs to approach the optic shop again after my first visit to that place. It didn't turn out well and I don't know what would their reaction be upon seeing me.

 

Keep it cool, Tiffany. You can do this. I told myself.

I have to. Taeyeon is hopeful to see her little sister one more time. This time, I have to make it happen.

 

I took a deep breath and started walking, approaching the shop.

 

“Excuse-me.” I said myself, walking in.

 

“May I help yo- Oh, it's you again.” I recognized her sister instantly.

 

“I'm sorry to come back here, Hayeon.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

“Leave us alone, Doctor. We are not interested in talking to you.”

 

“I'm sorry but it's really important.”

 

“You know, last time you said you wouldn't bother coming back here, what happened to that?”

 

“Taeyeon asked me this time.” I replied, firmly. She sighed, showing a bit of her displeasure. “She is interested to see you. When I mentioned you, she was hopeful to see you one more time.”

 

“Tell her that I'm not interested to see her.”

 

I tried one more time. “Hayeon, please...”

 

“Look, Doctor, I already told you what I think about this situation and what's our position regarding Taeyeon. We're not interested. Now, please, go away. I have more important things to do.” She said gritting her teeth to keep her voice low to not bother random people passing by.

 

Why she was so being stubborn?

 

“I'm not asking you to visit her constantly, just this time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter