Night Out

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” I asked, my heart actually performing a back flip. Hayeon seemed to be stunned as her eyes bulged out due to the sudden brakes.

The cars following behind horned angrily at me.

I was stunned as well. If Hayeon could see it so clearly, then… what about the officers at the Asylum? Am I really that easy to read? Is it really so easy to notice that?

I figured that talking with her while driving was not the best situation possible, so I ended up pulling the car over to the side, so we could talk safer.

“Hayeon...”

She shook her head. “I'm sorry. I... didn't mean to...” “I just… It was just a thought that crossed my mind.”

“Why did it cross your mind?” I asked, trying not to sound desperate or the answer would be pretty obvious.

She looked away through the window of the car. “It's just that… what you're doing for my sister… I haven't seen anyone else doing it. And… I noticed how she is important to you. Throughout all our meetings and conversations, you seem to regard Taeyeon better than a patient. I know I shouldn't think of those things, it's so disrespectful… but I huh… I have a feeling that… you might...like Taeyeon...In a romantic... level.” She explained herself.

“Hayeon...” I called, looking down. I sensed her eyes turning to me. “Your sister is... very special to me.” I nodded. “She’s the closest I ever been to a patient of mine in my entire life.”

 

Her stare was intense but it didn’t seem judgmental. “Taeyeon changed me in many ways. As of right now, your sister and I have a stronger bond than most doctors have with their patients. As of right now, your sister and I are more than doctor and patient. We are friends.”

That made her blink, turning her eyes to her own feet. “We were not supposed to. Me as a doctor should never look at Taeyeon more than the patient line, but things changed.”

 

“How they've changed?”

 

“I was assigned to take care of her myself and I ended up understanding her struggles and issues. We've developed a bond that wasn't meant to be. But I'm glad we did. I truly believe Taeyeon is good and I truly believe she is capable of recovery.”

 

“Taeyeon… capable of recovery? Do you think so?”

 

“Yes, I do.” I shook my head affirmatively.

 

“You really think Taeyeon… will stop killing?” She asked and my voice died just then.

 

I know what Taeyeon wants. She wants to avenge her friend and kill that last man. And she has the right to seek revenge for her best friends. However, if I release her from the Asylum and she goes after that guy, what would be the point? I want to release Taeyeon because I want to see her rebuilding herself and her own life. I want to see her talking with Hayeon without walls. I want to see her find a job, and maybe even getting a major degree. I want Taeyeon to start her life anew, not to get back at that Asylum.

 

I truly believe Taeyeon is good, but I also know she is committed to get that man and finally have her peace. And she deserves her peace. But again, is it fair to release her if that will only make her kill again?

 

“Doctor Hwang?” She called me, frowning her brows as I continued silent. I didn't know what to answer.

 

“We’re working on that.” I answered at last, trying to smile. I hope it didn't come off as fake though, because internally, I knew I wasn't working on that. I was nowhere near to make Taeyeon let that man go.

 

“As of right now… you think Taeyeon is capable of killing?”

 

I heard a buzz in my ears. “Yes.” I answered with honesty.

 

“Aren't you afraid?” “Aren't you afraid of being… killed?”

 

“By Taeyeon?” I scoffed, thinking that a little bit ridiculous. “Taeyeon wouldn't hurt me.”

 

“You seem to trust her enough...”

 

“I do.”

 

“Doctor Hwang...” I looked at her. “Have you ever thought... about the possibility…. of Taeyeon… taking advantage of you?”

 

Family is a curious thing.

 

Taeyeon and Hayeon seemed to be complete opposite in personality to each other. And Hayeon seems to be much mature than Taeyeon even though she is the youngest one. However, sometimes they can be really alike. Not only in appearance but in mindsets as well.

 

This is one of those times.

 

“I mean… She's there for a long time, isn't she? And now she has found a doctor that is caring about her, she might being using you...you know...to get out of the Asylum.”

 

“Taeyeon… are you taking advantage of…me?”

 

“Not the way you think I am. You said you'd get me outta here. Is is taking advantage of you...if I want you to stay... because of that?”

 

“Only because of that?”

 

“No… it might...be because...of other stuff...as well.”

 

“Doctor Hwang…?” I heard her calling me again.

 

I blinked. “Yes, I have.” I nodded, looking away. “I've thought about that.”

 

“And?”

 

I sighed. “And I can only hope she isn’t.”

“You’re a good person, Doctor Hwang. You don’t really deserve to be at that place.” She said and it was scary how she reminded me of her own sister. “You don’t really deserve... Taeyeon.” “You do much for her. More than I think Taeyeon could ever do for you. So...if you like her... just be careful. She’s a dangerous person to fall in love with.”

There was a silence between us.

“I… don't like her.” I confirmed. What would be of me if Hayeon knew about the truth? How could I look at her eyes and say that her own big sister and I were having ual ? That's just absurd. “In that way, I mean. Taeyeon and I are only friends.”

“I'm not against it, if that's what you're worried about.” I blinked, still uncomfortable how she managed to see that. “I have a friend at college who likes another woman too. It's not a big deal.” “I don't know how my sister feels about you so that's why I'm telling you to be careful. It might be just a one-side thing.”

There was a silence again.

And that silence seemed to have the confirmation.

“Hayeon...” I called again.

“Yes...”

“Have you ever been… in love?”

“Yes.”

“Did it work out?”

“No.”

“One-side thing?” I asked rising my brows and she chuckled.


 

“Yeah, one-side thing.”

 

~~*~~

As I walked home, I smiled relieved. My head leaning against the door as my heart was beating fast in content and joy. Thank God everything went alright. It was heart moving to see Taeyeon and Hayeon getting along, knowing each other. The moment Hayeon called her sister unnie, it was so touching. I wish Taeyeon would have that from her parents as well. That they finally could set those years and difference apart and be a good united family again. Will this ever happen one day? I've could only dream of.

Going to my bed after my shower, I saw the diary on the cupboard beside my bed and once again I skipped through the pages of that journal, caressing the pages and the pictures clipped within. Once again, I stopped at the picture she took with all her friends, Heechul, Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin. My eyes got watery as their smiles reflected their youth and innocence of those old times. I wondered if I should give the diary to Taeyeon. There's precious memories in there and I think she would like to have all that pictures from her group of friends. However, they might as well be painful to her. What should I do? Should I told her I read some of her words? That I invaded her privacy? My fingers touched Taeyeon's younger face on the picture, seeing her bright smile. Her dimple was still visible and she looked even more adorable than she is now. Crazy to think that I lived in America at the same time and I had no idea that one day I could be living in South Korea, let alone working with that girl on the photo. Life is really curious and unexpected.

My eyes moved away from the picture to my phone, ringing and vibrating on the bed. I saw the ID's name, Kwon Yuri, and I picked it up.


 

~~*~~

Seoul has a vivid night life. Full of exquisite places and cuisine to try it out. Day by day, the city gains more and more recognition from tourists all around the world. It's a city I truly adore and every time I dare to think I didn't make a good choice coming here, one trip to a nice restaurant is enough to prove me wrong.

But even though I love its night life and shopping malls, there are some nights I rather stay on my bed. This was one of those nights. Yuri however was trying to change my mind.

“Trust me, you'll love it, Tiff.” She said excitedly, trying to excite me about going out.

“I'm not really in the mood, Yuri.”

“Tiffany… you have to shake that off! Something amazing might happen tonight. You really need a fun night. We go to a club, flirt with other girls and score.”

“I'm sorry, I'm not that type of girl.”

She sighed.

“Besides, I don't wanna be a third wheel. You're pretty and I'm aware many girls are gonna be interested in you. I don't want to spoil your night.”

“You won't spoil it. I really wanna help you. And I wanna take you to a good place and make you have a good night.” I sighed this time. “C'mon, Tiff. It's Saturday night! Shake your dust off! It'll be fun. Give it a try.”

“Can I call my friends at least?” I asked not wanting to be around Yuri all night. I'm aware what she is looking for and I would be mortified to be by myself while Yuri is preying other girls. Sure it would be nice if I were looking for it as well, but honestly since I've been with Taeyeon, my libido to be with men, or other women for that matter, is down to zero. I don't really know how that inmate does it, but right now I have no interest in flirting with random people. Besides, it aches my heart to think that I'm flirting with people on a Saturday Night while Taeyeon is trapped in her cell all by herself at the same time. It didn't seem fair to me for some reason.

“Yeah, sure you can.”

And with that I wasted no time in calling Nicole and Bora. It's been a while since I've seen them the last time and it would be amazing have a night with those two after so long.

~~*~~

“Is this a gay bar?” I asked as we stopped by the entrance and I saw some men being very intimate with their male partners.

“No. It's a public friendly one.” I didn't know what she wanted to mean with that as in my head seeing two men caressing each other rather sensually was not in my dictionary of 'public friendly'. “At the same time, it's a bit safe for homouals. This part of the town is more tolerant.”

I nodded.

“Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter