Don't Leave Me

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shook my head, feeling my heart break in a million pieces. “No... Let me go, Yuri! I need to talk to her! I need to-

 

“She doesn't want to talk to you, Tiffany. Just move!” She kept dragging me away.

 

“No! It's just a misunderstanding! I need to explain myself...”

 

“Shut the up and follow me!” She demanded angrily.

 

“No! I gotta go back!”

 

“Are you ing crazy?” She asked me loudly. “You wanna die?”

 

“What?”

 

“Look at her, she was just a few seconds to rip you apart!”

 

“Nonsense! Taeyeon would never hurt me!”

 

“Stop with this , Tiffany!” She said shaking my shoulders. “Taeyeon is NOT what you want her to be! She is dangerous! She is mad! Couldn't you see it for yourself?”

 

“She is just hurt for what I've…-

 

“She is angry, Tiffany!” She interrupted me straight away. “And when that inmate gets angry, the only thing crossing your mind should be to stay away from her!” That I wasn't willing to do.

 

“I won't stay away! I promised her…-

 

“I don't care what you promised, you will not get in that cell!”

 

“You can't stop me!”

 

“Yes, I can!” The sudden clicking sound of handcuffs stopped all my moves and my thoughts. As my eyes fell to my hands, the tightening of the chains made me realize what was going on.

 

“You're coming with me!” She said firmly.

 

“Get those off!” I demanded.

 

“No.”

 

“Let me go, Yuri!” I demanded again.

 

“No, Tiffany! You're going with me! Kim Taeyeon is not interested to see you now!”

 

“Just let me go! Get those off, Yuri! NOW!” I shouted, not caring for the noise I was doing there.

 

“You don't give orders to me, Doctor! NOW MOVE!”

 

“You don't give orders to me, Officer!”

 

“YES, I DO. MOVE!” She pushed me to start walking. And that angered me tenfold.

 

“DON'T PUSH ME!”

 

“SO SHUT THE UP AND MOVE!”

 

“It's your fault!” I said angrily.

 

“What?”

 

“It's your ING FAULT! If you had shut the up, Taeyeon wouldn't have been hurt! She wouldn't have been angry!”

 

“What? Are you serious? I am the one to blame here?”

 

“Yes! Couldn't you just be quiet?? No! You had to tell her everything! You had to tell about Sooyoung! YOU AND YOUR GODDAMN TONGUE! And now you ask me to shut up? Why didn't you do that yourself back then, huh? Taeyeon won't trust me again and IT'S YOUR ING FAULT!” I pushed her away.

 

“It's not my ing fault! You GAVE Sooyoung those cakes! I told you a million times to not mess with this! To step back! But you never listened to me! And now, when bad things happen you come to me, screaming at me, shaming me? Are you ing serious? I ing saved you, Tiffany! I ing saved your life!”

 

“NO, YOU DIDN'T! ALL YOU DID WAS RUINING IT!”

 

“WHAT? I can't believe you're so…You know what? IT!” She shouted, finally releasing me from the handcuffs. “There you go. I won't stop you. Go back there. Enjoy your talk with that psycho, Doctor Hwang!” She hissed at me, while I caressed my wrists to stop the pain from the tight cuffs. She threw the keys on the floor. “If your head meets the wall, don't say that I didn't warn you.”

 

As my eyes met hers, I clenched my fists. She started walking away, not before using her shoulder to push me to the side. I closed my eyes, feeling the turmoil inside of me. What was happening? Why did I even say those things? What is wrong with me? My eyes stared at the silver key-chain on the floor for a few seconds. I stood there, wondering what I should really do.

 

 

~~*~~

 

 

As my steps were heard by Yuri, she raised her head to me. I gulped, feeling miserable for the argument we just had minutes ago.

 

The silence on the archive was dreadful and for a while, the only sound coming from that place were our breathings. I gritted my teeth, trying to deal with the pain I was feeling. “I'm sorry.”

 

“Came here to say I was right?”

 

“No, I came here to say sorry.” I approached her desk. “I know Taeyeon is angry, and I know you had the best intentions,” I said, nodding my head. “I shouldn't have yelled at you when you're only trying to protect me.”

 

“Did she hurt you?” She asked, her voice just softer than before. I shook my head.

 

“I didn't get back there.” I threw the key-chain onto her desk. “I tried to, but my hands were shaking, missed the lock hole a few times, and I gave up.” She chuckled for some reason. “I guess, I'm kinda afraid of her right now.”

 

“What happened there? Who's Heechul-Oppa?” She asked and I wish I could know.

 

“I don't know.” I said quickly. “Sooyoung told me that was the name it triggered Taeyeon to kill Yeri that day. It's the only thing I know.”

 

“She was so...”

 

“Possessive.” I concluded nodding my head. “She was so possessive towards him. In a very scary way.”

 

“Is he her boyfriend or something?” I raised my shoulders.

 

“I don't know. I deduce he is her best friend, but even I'm not sure about that.”

 

“This is really ed up.” She said, leaning her back against the chair. “She's so angry..she might hurt Sooyoung.”

 

I blinked, remembering her words. “But I'll ignore them for a while because of my affection towards you and ask you one last time… Who did tell you that name? Sooyoung or Amber?”

 

“I'm so scared, Yuri.” I left it out, covering my face with my hands. Soon enough, I felt Yuri hugging me.

 

“Hey...you're okay?”

 

“I was so scared. I really was.” She hugged me tighter. “I had never seen her like that. For the first time ever, I felt like she could really hurt me there.”

 

“Yeah, me too.” She said. “Be careful, Tiffany.” Good to hear she's calling me Tiffany and not doctor.

 

“What do I do now?” I asked for an advice.

 

“Tiffany… look, I know you're committed to help that inmate but...” She stepped backward so she could stare me at the eyes. “Don't you think it's time for you to let her go?”

 

My eyes quickly widened up. “What?”

 

“She's mad, Tiffany...and she's making you mad too.”

 

“I'm not mad.”

 

“I'm not saying you're, I'm just saying that...you're spending too much time with her. She's getting in your head, making you do everything for her… It's like before...”

 

“Before? What do you mean before?” I squinted my eyes.

 

“You know, when you were bringing gummy worms to her. You didn't care you're putting yourself into trouble, all you wanted was to make her feel happy, albeit by just a couple of seconds with a thing as silly as gummy worms.”

 

“What are you trying to say?”

 

“That you do everything for her. I've said that before, and you still think this isn't dangerous. You still think this is okay. But it's not, Tiffany. It's dangerous. You're so in search for her approval that you put yourself in situations where Taeyeon can have whatever she wants because she has you in here.” I stood quiet, thinking about what she talking. “Taeyeon can play with you like she plays with toys because she knows the moment she says 'sorry' or 'please, come back' you'll get back to her.”

 

I wanted to deny it what she was saying, but I ended up realizing that she was right. If Taeyeon said 'Please, come back' I'd really instantly do it.

 

“I know you like Taeyeon…” She said lower, careful for any officer passing by. “But what you feel for her is not healthy. It's like one of those abusive relationships where -

 

“Taeyeon is not abusive.” I was offended. “All this time I've been with her, she had never really been abusive. In fact, if you knew her better, you'd know how caring and kind she is...”

 

“You're creepy, Tiffany.” She shook her head, getting back to sit on her chair.

 

“I'm not creepy, you're just bluntly judging her when you don't even know how she is like. Taeyeon has traumas and this is what fuels her anger, but she is not abusive. She's really caring and kind when you get to the bottom with her.”

 

“She was this close to really ing hurt you, Tiffany… that's not how you define a caring person.”

 

“She is hurt, lonely, it's hard for her to dea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter