december 16th

baby » namseok, 2seok, junghope

Pairing: Namseok
Genre: Fluff


"Baby, you comin' to bed?" He asked, causing Hoseok to turn and face him, showing him a sleepy smiling and waving him off. "I'll be in soon, keep your arms ready for me to cuddle into!" He pecks Namjoon's cheek before shooing him off to bed.

"Don't stay up too late, dear," Namjoon tells him as he walks down the hallway, into their shared room with their two puppies that Namjoon had gotten him as an early Christmas present.

Hoseok could only smile and shake his head at one of the hundred pet names Namjoon had called him this evening. 

It was nearing midnight when there was a loud knock at the door, which Hoseok was reluctant to answer, fearing that it may be a murderer waiting for him outside the door. Mustering up his courage, he waddles over to the door with a steak knife. 

Opening the door, he's met with a card that was held down by a no longer lit candle next to a baby basket. "Oh my god! Honey, come here please?!" Hoseok gasps, pulling the basket out of the cold, grabbing the candle and card before closing the door and locking it. 

Soon hearing footsteps slump down the halls with a loud yawn following. "What is it?" Hoseok snaps his eyes away from the basket to face Namjoon, putting his index finger to his lip before motioning him over. 

Namjoon raises an eyebrow, coming over and joining Hoseok on the tile in front of the door. "Joon, I-I think someone left a baby on our doorstep." He whispers, pushing the handle of the basket back before pushing the shield down as well, revealing a baby snuggling with a dog plushie. 

"Oh my god," He hears Namjoon whisper, touching the baby's forehead. "Kim Seokjin," Hoseok mumbles, flipping the card over in his palm. 'Dear Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung, I know you'll take care of this lil' boy, please love and raise him as your own - thank you.' Hoseok bites his lip, handing the card over to Namjoon. 

Hoseok carefully lifted the boy out of the basket, cradling the baby in his arms. "Joon, what if he's hungry? We don't have any formula around." Hoseok puts his finger by the small baby's hand. "It says here he was born on the fourth, Hoseok... that means he's twelve days old." 

Hoseok nods, rocking the boy softly. "Maybe the neighbor has formula? She has eleven ing kids." Namjoon suggests, getting a nod and a lecture about Namjoon swearing in front of the baby. 

"Y-Yeah, go do that," Hoseok then says, placing Seokjin back in the basket, having no other place to put him. "I'll take care of our babies," Hoseok whispers the last part before waddling over to the closet, pulling out Namjoon's winter coat, gloves, hat, and scarf. 

"Here." He hands them over, only wrapping the scarf around him and kissing his cheek, with that his fiancé went off. 

Namjoon walked slowly on the icy pavement, his hands in his pockets as he finally got on the diced walkway to his neighbour's house, knocking on the door and waiting for a response. A lady soon opens the door with a raised eyebrow.

"What is it?" She asks, which Namjoon looks down at his feet. "Uh, can I buy some baby formula from you? All the stores are closed and we don't have any..." He explains pulling his money from his coat pocket. "Don't worry about paying me, I have more than enough, I'll grab you a couple cans." 

Namjoon nods, watching her go off and come back with a brand new package of two new cans of baby formula. "Have a good night, Mr. Kim." Namjoon smiled and told her to have one as well, heading back to his warm house. 

"Baby, I'm back," He calls out once he's gotten home, only to see Hoseok waiting for him on the sofa with a crying Seokjin. "He's hungry," Hoseok mumbles, yawning as he continues to rock him. 

"There should be a couple baby bottles in the cabinet from Jackson's and Youngjae's baby." He tells Namjoon who had already headed into the kitchen.

"Shh, it's alright honey," Hoseok coos, rocking him in his arms, waiting for Namjoon to come back with the bottle. Till then, Hoseok had tried his best at keeping his baby from crying. 

"Here, I let it cool off," Namjoon says as he's handing Hoseok the bottle, who almost instantly takes it with a "thank you Joonie." Before slipping the bottle into his mouth, rocking him as he fed. 

"There you go, see baby, it's alright." Hoseok softly says, smiling at the baby who was now calming down since he's gotten food. "We'll have to get a crib tomorrow, along with diapers and whatever else babies need." Namjoon mumbles, sitting next to Hoseok and wrapping his arms around Hoseok. 

Hoseok just snuggles into the heat while their baby falls asleep in his arms. "Okay." He tiredly whispers, pressing a kiss to Namjoon's cheek. "For tonight, Seokjin will have to sleep in the basket..." Hoseok mumbles, slowly taking the baby bottle from the now sleeping baby's lips.

"Can I carry him?" Namjoon quietly asks, moving his body from Hoseok's, watching a smile form on his face. "Of course, be careful with him though, Joonie!" He exitidly says as Hoseok instructs him to move his arms in a cradle position- as if Namjoon hadn't ever held a baby before.

"Baby, I've held a baby before." Namjoon bites his bottom lip while Hoseok sets the infant in his arms. "The egg from our 9th grade Home ec. class does not count, Joon." He sasses before getting up with a stuck out tongue, running down the hall.

"Such a trouble maker." Namjoon sighs, carefully getting up with the baby and placing him in the basket, making sure he was safely tucked in before holding by the bottom― fearing that he'd end up breaking the handle, resulting in Seokjin falling onto the ground. 

From inside their room, Hoseok had been setting up a place for Seokjin's basket. "I know it's not very good, Joon, but it's the best we can do at one in the morning." He yawns, tiredly laughing at the way namjoon was carrying the basket.

"Poor Seokjin, come give him to mommy~" Hoseok opens his arms and makes grabby hands, with an eye roll Namjoon hands him the basket. "Mommy?" He asks raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, yeah- is it wrong that I want baby Seokjin to call me mommy?" He pouts, looking up at Namjoon before carefully setting the basket down and making sure it was stable. 

"Of course not! I was just confused, but I guess it makes sense since you have literal mom senses, and you're a natural born bottom." He shrugs, getting into bed as he watches Hoseok starting to strip and change into his pyjamas (Namjoon's very worn out University sweater and a pair of boxer shorts.)

Getting into bed himself, Hoseok cuddled into Namjoon's arms, head resting against his chest. A kiss pressed to his head followed by a "Goodnight angel, sweet dreams." was mumbled into his hair. With that, Hoseok fell asleep. 

Hoseok had ended up waking up around five in the morning to the sounds of crying and a loss of warmth, rolling over onto his side, he found a silhouette of his boyfriend shining in the rising sunlight. "What's wrong?" Hoseok croaks slowly sliding out of bed.

"Dirty diaper," Namjoon replied, holding the screaming baby. "Want me to run out and grab diapers?" Hoseok tiredly asks, getting a head shake from Namjoon. "No, it's too icy for you out there, I'll get the stuff," Namjoon shakes his head, coming over and letting Hoseok take Seokjin. 

"Honey, are you sure?" Hoseok looks at him with a pout, worried now that he's said that. "I'll be fine, you know that." Namjoon chuckles, pecking Hoseok before going off to get ready. "No more kisses till you don't have morning breath!" Hoseok calls out, though, he didn't have much room to talk. 

During the time Namjoon was getting ready, Hoseok had found a small package used for Jackson's and Youngjae's son for when they babysit. "These will do, for now, sweetpea," He tells the now giggling Seokjin. 

"Alright, baby let's get your dirty clothes off so mommy can wash them since this is all we've got." He slowly pulls off his top, noticing the small amount of dried blood that the person who left him on their step didn't clean off after the stump fell from his belly button. 

Hoseok bites his lip, holding back a gag from the look of it, anything to do with blood made him queasy and sick to his stomach. Laying his baby down the bed, he quickly ran to the bathroom to grab a couple Q-tips he had dampened while in there. 

Once he was back in the room, Hoseok had dabbed at the dried blood till it was cleaned up. "There ya' go prince," Hoseok coos, lifting the baby that was only in diapers up and cradling him. "Now we just have to wait for you daddy to get home."

Soon, a knock at the door echoes which causes Mickey and Monnie to run to the door faster than their little legs could carry them, causing them to trip but continue barking, causing baby Seokjin to wail before sleeping peacefully again. 

Hoseok wraps up his baby before waddling to the door, opening it with a small yawn. "Jackson? Youngjae?" Hoseok raises an eyebrow before smiling as he gets a hug to the leg from baby BamBam. 

"Namjoon had invited us over, and Bammie wanted to see his favourite aunt." Jackson informs as Hoseok steps out of the doorway for the two to enter. Hoseok smiles at the couple while Bambam had gone off to play with their puppies. 

"So you're telling me that last night someone just left you a baby on your doorstep?" Youngjae had asked once the three sat down with coffee. "Yeah, there was a note left with him with his birth name, date, along with a letter addressed to Joon and me," Hoseok explains with a nod. 

"We don't know who left us a child, but, is it cheesy to say that I think whoever left my Seokjinnie is a miracle worker?" He asks, looking down at the sleeping baby in his arms. "I don't think so, you've two been trying since you were eighteen," Jackson answers, getting a nod from Youngjae. 

"Both you and Namjoon love kids and want a family more than anything," Youngjae smiles at Hoseok as Bambam decides to join them. "Bae-bae?" He asks Hoseok while climbing into Jackson's lap. 

"Yeah, Bammie that's your aunty's and uncle's baby boy, Seokjin." He nods with a smile, brushing his hand thru his hair. It wasn't long till Namjoon had gotten home safely, which caused Hoseok to sigh in relief. 

"Hey baby, I'm home," Namjoon calls out, entering the house with a shiver. Of course, Hoseok's idiot fiancé had forgotten to wear his winter clothes. "I'll help carry stuff in," Jackson happily says, lifting his son up in the air before sitting him on Youngjae's lap. 

"Don't forget your jacket, Jackson!" Youngjae had reminded the elder before looking down at BamBam. "I wanna play with puppies!" BamBam excitedly says, wiggling on Youngjae's lap with a grin. 

"Wait a lil' baby, uncle Joon and daddy will be bringing stuff in the house, we don't want you in the way, besides, don't you wanna cuddle with your mommy?" Youngjae coos, squishing the little boy to his chest. 

"Alright, that's the last of it, Namjoon mumbles with a sigh, walking into the dining room where Hoseok and Youngjae were gossiping like blog moms. Namjoon sits next to Hoseok who was still holding the baby with a smile. 

"I bought a lot of -" Namjoon gets cut off by both Hoseok and Youngjae who seemed to yell the same thing at the same time. "Namjoon! Don't swear in front of the children!" 

Namjoon just rolls his eyes with a sigh. "Anyway, I got clothes, crib, swing and a few other things for Seokjin." Namjoon smiles, carefully taking Seokjin from Hoseok and cradling him in his own arms. 

"Can I go play now, mommy?" Bambam asks while looking up at Youngjae grins and nods. "Yeah, go have fun baby." He pats his before sending him off. "Daddy, whattcha doin'?" He asks while sitting next to Jackson on the floor, watching his dad open a big box. 

"I'm helping your uncle put together the crib and swing for baby Seokjin." Jackson explains, reaching up to ruffle the boy's hair before getting to work. 

"I need to go help Jackson, baby you want to look at the outfits I got?" Namjoon looks at Hoseok before Hoseok's nodding and taking Seokjin from Namjoon, carefully resting Seokjin against his chest and rubs the baby's back. 

Namjoon kisses Hoseok's head before leaving the room and joining Jackson on the carpet. "Shouldn't we build the crib in mine and Seok's room?" Namjoon raises his eyebrow at the older before scratching his nape.

"I guess that'd make sense," Jackson shrugs, still putting the pieces together. "But we can just push it into the bedroom-" 

"Not if it rips chunks out of my carpet again." Hoseok comes in, waddling over to the bag of baby clothes and taking them with his free arm, sitting on the reclining chair to look at the clothes. "Bammie, you wanna help with the clothes?" Hoseok calls out, ignoring Jackson's scared expression. 

The last party Hoseok and Namjoon had, Jackson got so drunk he started ripping chunks out of the carpet, which Hoseok was not happy about at all. 

"I said I was sorry! And I paid for it to be fixed!" Jackson whines as if he were a child, even though he was the second oldest in the house. Hoseok just rolls his eyes, letting the toddler go through the outfits with a grin. 

"This one aunty!~" He happily hands over the little sailor outfit that had an anchor on the back of the pants and a little sailor's hat. "Aw baby, that's so cute." Hoseok coos, kissing his forehead as the boy then leaves to continue playing with Mickey and Monnie.

"Namjoon, where's the right sized diapers? Did you get baby wipes, baby powder, and baby oil?" Hoseok asks, carefully taking off his blanket and putting the striped shirt on him. "Yes, baby, I got everything- I saw your text, the bag is right next to me." Namjoon lifts up the bag, walking on his knees and handing him the bag, before sliding back over to continue helping Jackson.

By the end of the day, Jackson and Namjoon managed to get the play area, the nursery, and all the baby bottles washed with the help of Youngjae, and Seokjin had drunk at least five bottles of formula. 

Hoseok somehow ended up napping on the sofa with Seokjin who had been changed and sponge bathed cuddled up on his chest, with Bambam snuggles at his stomach and the puppies sleeping at his thighs. Only to wake up hours later with only Seokjin on his chest, since the Wang family had left.

"You wanna come lay him in bed?" Namjoon had asked with a goofy smile that Hoseok just couldn't say no to. 

After dinner, the two had some fun and headed to bed themselves with their noisy pups and slept peacefully, only to be woken up three times during the night from the crying baby.