puppies

baby » namseok, 2seok, junghope

pairing: jikookseok
semi-based off of "A dog's purpose".


Hoseok had been walking home from work, the sun was blazing down hard but he didn't mind till he heard small barks coming from a parked truck, he looked at the cars before spotting the one with the now weak puppy. 

Hoseok's walk had broken into a run, now noticing there were two puppies in the car, one hiding in the little shade and the other trying to break out. The puppy who was trying to get out instantly started pawing at the window when Hoseok appeared. 

"Hey, it's okay little ones, I'll get you out," Hoseok bites his bottom lip, looking around before picking up a nearby rock, a sound of glass shattering could be heard as he unlocked the door and scooped up the dogs. 

He quickly wrote a note, apologizing for smashing the window along with a check. 

"Alright little ones, let's get you home." He looks down at the two and starts fast walking, trying to walk more in the shade, the two at the man carrying him, earning giggles from him.

When Hoseok gets home with the two puppies, he instantly the air conditioner and sat them down to get them water. 

"Puppies, I got you water," Hoseok calls out as he sets down the two bowls, almost instantly two fluffs ran after Hoseok's voice and slurped up the water, a smile playing onto his face. 

"So, we need names for you," Hoseok says more to himself than the golden retrievers. Hoseok sat beside them, leaning against the fridge as the taller one with blonde fur jumped on his lap. 

"Hm," He looks around the room, eyeing the cookies that were on the counter. "Seokjin hyung would be proud for the pun name, huh Jungkookie?" He asks, laughing to himself which the puppy just wags his tail. 

"What about Jiminie for you?" Hoseok asks, lifting the shorter pup with darker fur up onto his lap as well. The smaller pup makes a half bark sound in approval and Hoseok's cheeks, causing the human to laugh. 

"Y-Yah, no more Jiminine," He tries pushing the pups away who were busy at his face, his laughter ringing thru the house. "Silly boys." Hoseok coos once he's calmed down. 

Hoseok kisses both their heads before placing them back on the ground. "Ah!" Hoseok jumps when a head hits his calf, turning around Jungkook was peering up at him, if Hoseok didn't know any better, he could have sworn the pup was snickering at him.

Both Jimin and Jungkook follow Hoseok to the sofa as he plopped himself down on it, letting the two cuties crawl up and curl up with him. "Y'know, you two are really adorable." He sighs before picking up his phone. 

"Siri, text 'gay '" Hoseok says as he plops Jimin onto his chest, feeling Jungkook chew at his pant leg. "What do you want to say to 'gay '?" Siri replies, causing Hoseok to laugh before telling her. 

"Tell 'gay ' to come over," Hoseok says, Siri then reads the message back and asks if that's all before sending it. 

"Seokjin hyung is coming over, he knows more about dogs since he has one and his boyfriend is like a dog," Hoseok smiles, kissing Jimin's head before continuing, "All Yoongi hyung does is, eat, sleep and poop," Hoseok laughs. 

Jimin makes a snorting noise as if he were laughing too, but Hoseok knew that he wasn't, he was a dog and dogs snort. Man, only if Hoseok knew. 

Jungkook continues to bite at Hoseok's pant leg till the doorbell rings, the two instantly bark. "Come in!" Hoseok shouts, watching the door open and the two zip over to Seokjin. 

"We ― when did you get two dogs?" Seokjin looks at the two before looking at Hoseok, who only smiles at him. "Today," He answers. 

"Oh, well they're cute," Seokjin lifts up the taller one easily, "The one you're holding is Jungkookie, and the one biting ― wait biting? Jimin! Get off of Yoongi hyung!" Hoseok squeals, jumping off the sofa to scoop up the short puppy. 

"You okay, baby?" Seokjin looks over to Yoongi who looked unphased. "I'm fine, don't worry." He laughs, which causes Seokjin to smile and nod. 

"Can you guys come with me to the pet shop? I need to get them their necessary items." Hoseok cutely asks, though, it wasn't supposed to be cute. 

"Gah! Hyung we have to take Hobi, he's so cute." Yoongi coos and Seokjin nods in agreement, putting Jungkook down to pinch at Hoseok's cheeks. 

"Stop it~" He whines as Jimin barks at Seokjin, which surprises Hoseok. "Jiminie, shh," He smiles as Seokjin pulls his hands away. 

"Let's go then, let's bring the dogs with us as well, you'll need to get them weighed and ," Yoongi tells Hoseok as Jungkook was sitting in front of Hoseok. 

"Alright, hyung." Hoseok nods, looking down at Jungkook and lifting him up as well, waddling after the two.

"Wait, don't move!" Seokjin stops Hoseok as he's pulling out his phone, focusing it on Hoseok and taking a picture. "So cute!" He gasps, showing the picture to Yoongi. "The cutest," He nods. 

"Yah! Let me see~" Hoseok squeaks out with a blush forming on his cheeks, unaware that he was going to take a picture. "Look," He holds out his phone for Hoseok to see, watching his slight pout turn into a full-blown grin. 

Hoseok looks down from the pictures to the dogs that are resting against his chest, laughing when Jungkook his chin with Jimin following. "We should go now," Yoongi pipes up, which both Seokjin and Hoseok nod to. 

The three make their way to Seokjin's car, the dogs looking around in curiosity. "Dibs on the back seat," Hoseok calls out, Yoongi rolls his eyes, "You were gonna sit there, anyway," He says as he shakes his head.

Hoseok just rolls his eyes before getting in the car with the other two following, Jimin and Jungkook both resting on his lap.

~

"How was work, hyungs'?" Hoseok asks from the backseat as Yoongi goes thru his phone, playing music from the aux cord. "I slept in my studio," Yoongi admits which causes Hoseok to sigh loudly. 

"Hyung! You need to sleep more and take care of your body!" Hoseok lectures as Jungkook looks up at Hoseok, watching his facial expression.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine Hoseok," Yoongi mumbles, dismissing what Hoseok said entirely, which causes Seokjin to shoot a quick glare to Yoongi. "You're not fine," Hoseok adds on which Yoongi just rolls his eyes.

With another sigh, Hoseok starts singing along to 'Replay', which Jimin pats his tail to as if he were listening to Hoseok's and Jonghyun's voices.

Jungkook couldn't help but to bark along as if he were saying that Hoseok sounded beautiful and that he loved his voice. 

"Ah, Minnie, Kookie, you're so cute," Hoseok coos, lifting them up one by one to place a kiss to their rough noses. 

All he got was two to his cheeks.

~

"Which one do you like best, Minnie?" Hoseok asks as he holds out two different collars in front of the happy puppy. The puppy then paws at the blue collar with his tongue sticking out. 

"You want the blue one, alright baby," He laughs, hanging up the black and yellow ones again. Soon Kookie and his two hyungs come around the corner with a car and a bunch of dog items in it. 

Kookie then runs over to Hoseok and Jimin, happily barking at the two, but only one of them could understand, Minnie. 

"Hyung," The younger pup barked, causing the older to look at him before replying with a bark of his own. 

"What is it?" He asked, looking up at the humans before back to him.

 "What're we going to do? I know at this point that we're in a good enough shape to shift back to our human form, but what if our cutie of an owner wouldn't want us anymore?" His bark came out as a whine, which Hoseok almost instantly lifted him up and kissed his head.

 "Hey, it's okay honey," He coos, which causes Jungkook to bark, but really he said, "holy , you're ing cute, I love you."

Hoseok smiles when he gets a to his cheek, before setting the pup down. 

"Holy , Minnie, he's so cute," He tells his friend which everyone assumed for them to be brothers as they are the same breed, but really they are just two friends who happen to be able to shift from dog to human. 

"I know, he could literally blink and I'd give him an award for being the cutest thing on earth," Jimin barks in agreement, tilting his head when the younger snorts. 

"Says the one who looks like they'd be given to an 8-year-old girl on her birthday as a present," The snorting dog says, which causes Jimin to huff before laughing along, it was true. 

"I swear, it's like you two are having a conversation down there," Hoseok's laughter rings thru their ears, causing the two love-sick pups to swoon.

"Hoseok, they are dogs, they can't conversate," The one with the name of Yoongi states which causes Jimin to roll his eyes. 

"That's what he thinks," He barks lowly to Jungkook who was too busy watching Hoseok's cute little sway along with his hips. Jungkook only nodded. 

"Why can't they, hyung? If we can why can't dogs? Don't be racist," He pouts, which causes Seokjin to laugh loudly. "Yeah, Yoongi, don't be racist against dogs," He snorts out. 

He was funny, the pups liked the tall one better than the one who was grumpy. 

"Kookie, Minnie, you'd tell me if you could conversate, wouldn't you?" He whines to the two, squatting down to their level. 

", okay, we need to shift tonight," Minnie concludes before the two pounce on the pouting cutie and at his face. 

"I know." Kookie replies, letting Hoseok lift the two up so they could purchase the items. 

~

"Thank you hyungs! I love you!" Hoseok waves to them before they exit the house, each kissing the dogs on the heads before leaving. 

"Are you boy's hungry? Because I am," Hoseok hums, going into the kitchen with two bags in hand, one of them holding the bowls for the two and the other holding dog food. 

Following after him, they watch him dramatically cut open the dog food bag with a butcher's knife. "Hey, if you two don't want dog food, I'll share my dinner with you," Hoseok says as he sets down the two bowls and grabbing the dog food to poor into them. 

Hoseok watches as the two go to sniff it as he then waddles over to the freezer and takes out a microwave dinner, too lazy to actually cook. 

"Maybe I should give them the meat from this... I'm not that hungry." He says to himself, unaware that the dogs behind him were frowning, watching him eat the vegetables and whatever else the plate held, then placing the plate onto the ground for them. 

"Here, I'll find something else," He smiles before looking thru his cabinets, sighing when he finds nothing before his stomach growls. 

Going over to the home phone and picking it up, pressing the speed-dial button which had their local pizza place, he really wanted Spud lovers pizza, he was going to get it no matter what anyone else said. 

"Hyung, I don't wanna eat his food," Kookie quietly barks to Minnie who was staring at the fake meat as well. "Neither do I, but he's going to be upset if we don't eat it," The eldest of the two says before starting to eat with Kookie following. 

After the two finished eating, they went and joined Hoseok on the sofa to watch tv with him, the two instantly recognize the show as 'Friends', soon the doorbell went off. 

"Pizza's here," He says while getting off the sofa and going into the kitchen to grab his wallet before going to the door and opening it. 

"One spud lover's pizza without bacon, with ranch?" The delivery boy asks, holding out the pizza box. "Yes, that is correct," He nods with a smile opening his wallet. 

"How much will it be?" He asks, which the guy smiles and pulls out the receipt. "Twenty-five," He replies as Hoseok nods and pulls out thirty dollars, five for the tip. 

"Thank you, have a goodnight!" Hoseok waves before the man goes off, going back to the sofa to eat and watch Netflix with his new family till they fell asleep. 

Once the two noticed he was asleep, they slowly started to shift back into a human, each of them still in their clothes from when the were last shifted. 

"Let's take him to his room," The shorter says while getting up, easily lifting Hoseok up and going to the room with Jungkook following behind. When the two get in the room, they almost instantly take him to the bed and tuck him in.

"Hopefully he won't be mad at us for eating some of his pizza, right?" "Kookie" asks after pecking the sleeping boy's forehead and going back into the living room. 

Each of the two take two slices of pizza, eating them before cleaning up tonights mess and making sure that the house was all locked up. 

"C'mon, let's go to bed, kid," The oldest of the two says before they are then walking back to the owner's room. 

They both crawl into bed next to the already asleep Hoseok, who almost instantly curls into Jungkook, which causes him to coo, kissing the top of his head. Jimin who was a little bit jealous wrapped his arms around Hoseok's slim waist and nuzzled into his hair. 

"Goodnight," He mumbles as they drift off. 

~

When Hoseok slowly started to wake up, he nuzzled closer to Jungkook's chest, his eyes soon popped open when he realized it was another person. 

"What the hell?!" He squeals, shooting straight up which causes a groan to escape another person. Hoseok looks at the two before moving out of their grasps. 

"Why are you awake?" The voice of the man who had groaned asked, now wide awake. "W-Who, who are you?" He squeaks, looking at Jimin with wide scared eyes.

"Minnie." He answers, sitting up himself and looking into Hoseok's eyes, the boy who was once scared soon turned into a confused one. 

"If you're Minnie, then that's Kookie." Hoseok mumbles, looking over to the sleeping man. "H-How is that even possible?" He whines, letting himself to fall onto the bed. 

"Long story, I'll tell you later." He laughs which causes Hoseok's stomach to erupt with warmth, now very curious as to what Jungkook sounded like, or even looked like awake. 

"Wake up!" He loudly whines while flopping down onto Jungkook, who only groaned before opening his eyes. 

"Goodmorning," He mumbles before sitting up, giving Hoseok a tired smile. "And, instead of calling me Kookie, you can call me Jungkook." He says before pulling Hoseok to his chest, now, he wasn't soft at all, but for Hoseok he was softer than a cloud. 

~

Throughout the day, the two littered Hoseok with love and affection, giving him kisses and holding his hands, cuddling when asked. 

Hoseok was a bit upset about the fact that he bought all that dog stuff, but since he has two amazing boyfriends who love him, he can deal. Even if the two call him cute loudly every chance they get.