Beautiful liar

baby » namseok, 2seok, junghope

Pairing(s): Namseok, 2seok.
Genre: angst. 

beautiful liar -> vixx lr


 

Namjoon's fingers danced across the black wedding invitation, the golden embroidery shining in the dim light of his studio, the one he once shared countless hours with the man, the so very beautiful man he called his. 

He had been stupid, so very ing stupid. Now he really was gone, gone to someone who could treat him like the queen he is. Someone who won't let stress get to their head. 

Namjoon continues to stare at the card, reading the fine print that makes his stomach clench and his heart beat to bring him pain. 

  ❛We humbly invite you, Kim Namjoon to join us for our wedding, if you have time, please join us for a celebration of our love! 
lots of love, 
Kim Seokjin and Jung Hoseok.

Namjoon frowns, it wasn't supposed to end up like this, though, he knew that they were over.. he couldn't help but to wish that Seokjin's name was erased and replaced with his own. 

With a sad chuckle, Namjoon tossed the card aside and let his tears run down his cheeks. 

Without knowing it, he had soon fallen asleep, though, the dream was more of a memory. 

~

  "Say, Joon, would you ever want to get married?" Hoseok asked while shuffling a bit in Namjoon's hold, watching the younger move his bookmark into his book and closed it softly.

"Marriage? Maybe, but I don't think so." Namjoon shrugs as he watched Hoseok's smile fall, a fake one soon replacing it. 

"Oh," Hoseok softly said, turning his head to look at the decorations that hung on the tan walls of the room. 

"Mhm, it depends on the person," He nods, now feeling Hoseok tense up in his hold and a shaky breath escaped the heart-shaped lips. 

"Oh," Was what he had responded with, pulling away from Namjoon. "I'm heading to bed, please, don't stay up all night?" His voice was quaking when he spoke to Namjoon before he quickly exited the common room. 

Namjoon didn't think anything of it, he was more concerned on the book he wanted to desperately wanted to finish.  

Hoseok knew that Namjoon wasn't going to come for him, he tried his best to not make a sound, but he knew that his weeping was heard. 

Namjoon was too into the book to even know or care, when had he become so cold? Hoseok had asked himself with a sniffle. 

~

Namjoon awoke with his cheeks stained with tears, over the past year when the house was now so ice cold, the sheets scent gone had he realized, he caused this, he broke his and Hoseok's relationship. 

He knew from the looks Yoongi would give him, the looks that wanted to kill him for hurting his ''little brother'' but also the looks of wanting to hold the now broke Namjoon. 

Sometimes, Namjoon closes his eyes, going into a trance like state and imagines Hoseok, sometimes he can feel the older hugging him from behind with a pouty kiss being pressed to his back because Namjoon wouldn't come snuggle with him, only to chuckle at how cute he was and promised to spend the rest of the afternoon snuggling and eating off-brand ice cream. 

"Y'know, you can't keep doing this to yourself," a soft voice said, but of course, Namjoon ignored it till the soft voice became a nagging one. 

"Hyung! Listen to me!" The male shouts, causing Namjoon to slowly sit up in his bed and glance to him. 

"How'd you get in here, Jimin? You should be at home with Taehyung." He says flatly, watching Jimin cross his arms. 

"Tae's asleep, I could feel your despair from our apartment downstairs." He states while crossing his fit arms. 

"How'd you get in here?" He asks again, though, to be quite frank, he didn't care. "You left the door unlocked, ." Jimin answers as he goes to sit at the foot of Namjoon's bed.

"Oh." Namjoon shrugs, taking no offense to the nickname, he was a big ing for letting human perfection walk out of his life. 

Jimin sighs, looking to the tall male. "Hyung, when are you going to stop wallowing in pain?" Watching the outline of Namjoon's shadow shrug, Jimin sighs again, waiting for him to answer. 

"Never." Namjoon answers, laying back in his bed and pulling the blanket over his shoulder. "You can't keep doing this, it's destroying you! Man up and talk to Hoseok! Just because he and Seokjin hyung are getting married doesn't mean !" Jimin practically shouts. 

Jimin was so done with Namjoon's piss-poor attitude, for almost a year now Namjoon hadn't been himself. 

"Jimin?" A sleepy voice soon calls out, the voice belonging Taehyung. "In Joon's room, baby." Jimin replys. 

"God, just what I need," Namjoon mumbles into his pillow, Namjoon loves Taehyung, but he wasn't in the mood to have the hyper kid here. 

"Hyung, quit complaining, I'm going to lock up mine and Tae's place and stay here, then in the morning we'll go out in the morning. The only two rooms you've been in is this and your studio." Jimin says as Namjoon just shrugs. 

"Okay."

Jimin frowns again, patting his calf before getting up and leaving the room. Giving Taehyung a pat to the bottom before leaving to lock up the downstairs apartment. 

~

Again, once Namjoon got back to sleep, another flashback like dream came up. A sour memory that he wish would be erased from his memories, a memory that used to play back in his head like a broken record.

"Well, maybe you should leave!" He shouted, his face red with anger. His blood was boiling, he got so angry that day, the day the two separated and Hoseok snuck out for comfort in Namjoon's older brother.

Hoseok's tears were rushing down his face as he dug out the suitcase buried behind picture books and clothes. 

He took whatever clothes were in reach, not caring if they were dirty or clean, not caring if they were his or Namjoon's.

When he finished he gave one last glance to Namjoon before storming off. Namjoon had thought that Hoseok would come back after they both cooled off, but man, he was oh-so-wrong.

Within months, Hoseok and Seokjin had hooked up and he was left alone to think about his mistakes.

"You need to let him go." His dream voice said before waking up. 

But Namjoon knew, he'd never ever get over the most beautiful man to enter his life.

Hoseok wasn't his, but his older brother's, Kim Seokjin.