Raincheck

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Miss Lee, I need you to stay for a few extra hours today,” Jiyong speaks without looking up from his documents and Jieun nods although he can’t tell, “yes sir,” she answers and grabs the empty coffee cup from his desk. She throws it in the trash and sighs deeply as she knows he’ll have to go get another cup, unfortunately his coffee has to be on the expensive side and therefore she can’t go get a cup from the common area on the same floor, no, she has to leave the building for a cup of coffee- how ridiculous.

 

She bows towards him and closes the door after her carefully so that she doesn’t disturb him in whatever business he’s doing, she passes her desk to pick up her phone but pauses when she hears a man clear his throat and she looks up to see Siwon. “Miss Lee, looking even more beautiful today,” he says and she blushes deeply and looks down.

 

“It’s great to see you again, sir,” she mumbles quietly and his light laugh carries through the air, “please, just Siwon is fine,” he says gently and walks closer to her, she feels her face flush even deeper but collects the courage to look up at him and respond, “Jieun,” she mumbles and he smirks.

 

Suddenly her pocket vibrates and she apologizes to Siwon before picking it up and answering, “Jungkook?” she asks as soon as she sees the number, worried that something’s happened but her worries are quickly diminished as he answers, “noona, they need you to mail the school about the trip in a few weeks, otherwise I can’t go,”  he says and Jieun can here him pout through the phone.

 

“I’ll mail them as soon as possible, okay? I’ll see you at home,” she quickly adds and then she’s hanging up and apologizing to Siwon again, “boyfriend?” he asks suddenly and Jieun almost chokes on air, “b-brother,” she mumbles nervously and his smirk grows, “good,” he says and then he’s walking away.

 

She exhales deeply and wipes away the imaginary sweat off her forehead, good? She wonders, she feels a small smile grow on her face, “why am I being like this?” she asks herself as she holds her cheeks to prevent them from turning even more red (it doesn’t work).

 

She shakes her head and decides to think about something else for the moment, there’s no use getting worked up for nothing, she thinks and heads down the corridor to the elevators. She tries to think about something else, like pie and her favorite book and chicken wings but no matter how much she tries she just can’t get his smirk out of her head. It sends chills down her body and she can’t tell if it’s in a good or bad way.

 

She exits the elevator and just as she’s about to turn around a corner she bumps into Seunghyun whose carrying two cups of coffee that he thankfully doesn’t spill on his suit nor her white dress. “Ah, miss Lee,” he says happily and she smiles in return at his happy tone. “I told the cashier that I wanted 1 cup and he heard two so, mind stealing one off my hands?” he hands one over to her and she almost believes he’s god himself in that moment, both because she doesn’t have to hurry down the street for a damn coffee, but also because he’s kind enough to hand it to her of all, who he doesn’t know that well.

 

“Thank you so much Mr. Lee,” he says gratefully and Seunghyun smiles, “it makes us sound like husband and wife,” he jokes and Jieun flushes deeply, but then she remembers, “I would have to be Mrs. Lee for that, Mr Lee,” she says and he snickers, “right you are,” he adds and waves her goodbye. She waves back at him and smiles peacefully and heads back to the elevator.






When she exits the elevator she sees Siwon standing right outside and she quickly stops and saves herself the embarrassment of running straight into him, “sir,” she says, a little timidly as she sees him staring at her intensely. “Miss Lee,” he speaks and Jieun doesn’t know if he’s about to say something good or bad, she can’t read him at all.

 

“Go out with me,” he suddenly says and (to her boss’s disappointment) she drops the cup of coffee in her hand at the sudden request, it’s not a question, it’s a demand and Jieun doesn’t how she feels about it. She’s happy and proud that someone like him is interested in her but is this really the best thing to do?

 

“Miss Lee,” he repeats and moves closer to her, careful of the puddle of coffee on the floor, “go out with me,” he says and he sounds, even sterner this time that Jieun can’t help but nod slowly, not knowing if what she’s feeling is immense nervosity or fear. “Okay,” she whispers and only then does he smile charmingly at her, “great, I’ll pick you up at 9 tonight,” he leans in closer and tucks her hair behind her ear before walking past her and entering the elevator, giving her a smirk right before the doors close.

 

She feels her heart jump in her chest as the elevator descends and she’s left standing like a fool in a puddle of coffee, her? On a date with Choi Siwon of SM? She hears someone cough from behind her and when she returns she sees a woman dressed neatly looking less than impressed by the coffee puddle, “I’ll clean it up,” Jieun says sheepishly and the woman scoffs as to say ‘yeah, as if’ and walks away. Jieun rubs at her neck nervously and sighs deeply, what is she supposed to do about this...date?



 

 



8:42 pm

“You’re free to leave now miss Lee,” Jiyong says as he passes her desk with a new stack of files in his arms and she quickly stands up to leave when she remembers Siwon’s words, she sits down again and checks her computer and at first she doesn’t think her boss’s notices her, but when a hand closes her computer for her she looks up and sees him looking confused, “lost your ears suddenly? I said you can go,” he repeats himself which he looks unhappy about and Jieun sighs, annoyed by his attitude after a full day spent with him

 

“I heard you, sir, I’m free to go,” she says and carefully moves his hand from her computer and opens it again, “then why aren’t you running out of the building?” he questions sassily and she looks up at him, more than irritated that he’s still there.

 

“Because I have a date,” she doesn’t notice the slight frown on his face, “and he’s picking me up from here,” she adds and Jiyong knows who it is without her saying anything. “Don’t be late tomorrow,” is the only thing he says before stomping into his office and slamming the doors after himself. “What’s his problem?” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter