Plane

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tokyo. The city she’s heard so much about, the city she’s longed to visit for so long is finally only one place ticket away and her stomach’s on a roller coaster. She’s worked for a Japanese fashion magazine before and her knowledge of the language is limited but still quite advanced, so she’ll have time to use her language skills when it’s time to leave. But other than that, she knows nothing. She barely knows anything about how the country works and she regrets agreeing to the trip.

 

It started off as a somewhat normal day, with a coffee in hand and the day’s schedule in the other she greeted the receptionists and rode the long elevator ride up to the black and white office with the abstract art on the walls and the perfectly groomed outfits and hair, not that the rest of the building doesn’t contain such pretty folk, but most aren’t as stiff as they are on her floor, she guesses it has something to do with the CEO being on the exact same floor and only a few meters away.

 

She greeted the people outside as she exited the elevator and accepted a few files from Lisa who delivers their post and made her way down the corridor, she’s grown used to the office not being so empty anymore as Seunghyun, or Seungri as he now has asked her to call him, and Taeyang are present quite often. As well as the rest of the boys that Jieun still doesn’t know the names of.

 

But as she steps around the corner she’s stunned into silence as she sees the usual ‘gang’ but also Chaerin from the same floor as Seungri and Jennie, the girl who pranked her with the files on her first day. The doors to her boss’s office are wide open and Jiyong can be seen reclining in his leather chair while Kiko sits on his desk and sips a cup of coffee and the rest of the people present are spread out but surrounding them and they’re talking loud and clear for Jieun to hear, but she’s unsure if it’s a conversation she should be aware of so instead of letting the doors remain open and free for anyone to enter she goes to close them after putting the files down on her desk. But it’s Seungri who interrupts her with a hand beckoning her forward and the conversation dies down just a tad as she enters the room.

 

She’s about to apologize for interrupting and hand Jiyong his coffee when she sees that he already has a cup on the desk, right next to Kiko’s own coffee and she frowns a bit at it, it’s obviously a Starbucks cup and you don’t need to be her boss’s best friend to know that he despises Starbucks with all of his heart, but she supposes love can change you, or, just allow you to go against your own preferences for a minute or two. She doesn’t know what to do with the one cup that she’s carrying so it remains in her hand awkwardly while Seungri taps Seunghyun on the shoulder, breaking him off from his conversation with Taeyang.

 

“Ah, Miss Lee, good morning,” he says clearly as ever and she bows in response to his greeting, she’s not too sure why she’s in the office at the moment and she’s starting to think that perhaps she isn't’ invited at all, only by Seungri but as she has learned over the past few months, his invites don’t always count, at least according to her boss. She turns to Seungri whose looking at her funnily and she tilts her head as a question to the look on his face and he gives her a knowing smile, but what it is he knows, that, Jieun is unaware of. “Coffee?” her hand reaches out toward Seungri with the cup in hand and he glowers at her for a few seconds before giving her a blinding smile and stealing it from her hands, “thank you,” he sings happily and takes a sip of it, Jieun pretends she doesn’t notice the bitter face he makes as the coffee touches his tongue, not a big fan of black coffee.

 

The conversation between Seunghyun and Taeyang picks up again and soon Seungri joins them as well, it leaves Jieun room to take a look around and see that everyone is indeed busy with something and she’s intruding far too much for her liking so she bows to no one specific and turns to exit the room hastily, but a hand on her arm stops her and she flinches a bit, for a second remembering Siwon but quickly pushing the thought away. She regains her composure and looks up to see Yunhyeong whose face looks a bit red and she guesses if perhaps he’s embarrassed to talk to her. “Jieun-shi,” he says and she’s surprised to hear that he knows her name, but pushes the surprise away as she assumes that he must have spoken to his brother, and perhaps even her brother.

 

“Yes Mr, Song,” she remembers his surname after Seungri told him and although he called her by her name she’s not too sure she’s authorized to do the same, so she settles for her easiest alternative, despite coming off as a bit cold.

 

Yunhyeong grimaces, “it has come to y attention that our brothers are good friends,” he suddenly states and though Jieun did not expect the subject to come up like this during office hours and in the office she doesn’t protest, “it would seem so,” she responds gently and he seems to relax at her tone, it makes her wonder what kind of position he has when it comes to power. Maybe he’s just as low as she is, not that she’s completely at the bottom of the food chain, but not far from.


 

Yunhyeong opens his mouth to say something further but a sounds from behind draws their attention and as they look over they see Jiyong with his arms crossed and a frown on his face whereas Kiko seems happy as can be, it’s not unusual to see her boss frowning, but the thing that is unusual is for him to suddenly change his sour expression as Kiko turns to look at him.

 

To Jieun’s surprise it’s not Jiyong who speaks up first, it’s Kiko who speaks and Jieun can’t help but be amazed by her, the elegant way she carries herself and the way she moves with her words, Jieun’s completely mesmerized that she almost misses the content of her words, only thing registering being Tokyo.

 

“The annual gala that YG always participate in is being held in Tokyo,” Kiko speaks and Jieun misses the way Seungri grimaces.

 

Jieun’s sure that this isn’t anything she should worry over as it seems much bigger than her usual tasks so she turns on her heels to leave the office but Taeyang stops her, “Miss Lee,” he speaks and she turns to him in fear of coming off as rude by leaving mid-meeting, “do you have somewhere to be?” he questions and this time Jieun can hear that he’s not happy, no that he is any other time, but at least he doesn’t sound mad the majority of the time he’s spoken to her. “No I- no sir, I just assumed international business was out of my pay grade and that you’d need privacy from prying ears, forgive me,” she finishes the sentence without stuttering and if she didn’t have a room of business men and women staring at her she’d probably celebrate happily in form of dance, not that she can dance, at all.

 

Taeyang stifles a grin as do many other in the room before he regains his composure and speaks, “the doors were wide open therefor, this is an open conversation,” he tells her and despite the sweet tone of his voice it flies straight over Jieun’s head and she bows deeply, “I apologize,” she says and Taeyang notices that she doesn’t understand his humor (yet) like the rest of the people present. He recognizes that he might not have been spending time with the young lady, not to say that he’s been avoiding her, but certainly not been trying to make friends. So why not start now?

 

“Nothing to apologize for Jieun-shi,” he figures the use of her first name will be enough to show that he’s not putting up a hostile front and that he’s actually intere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter